Chris Hu

New Member I just Received NOA2!! Questions!

235 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Vo said our pictures looks so fake, what a joke.............how faked?

This is the part I don't understand. Why would the VO believe that the photos are faked?

Photos are generally not very persuative evidences as any one can take photos together. In China it is fashionable for newly wed couples to pay a couple hundred dollars to shot a collection of very nice weddng photos: They have all the fancy dresses and professional photographers you only have to show up. People would love to have such a set of photograph for memory. Of course on the other hand whose people who do have a sham marriage could just as easily pay to get such a nice set of wedding photographes, and just as good. So these photos really could not demonstrate anything other than the fact that you paid money to have them shot.

The point I want to make is probably the VOs are more interested in seeing the every day photo of you two together doing things like what you will normally do, and maybe photos of big gatherings with friends and family. If you could only push those fancy commercial wedding photos it may raise eyebows of the VOs.

Probably Chris should elaborate more what kind of photos his wife showed to the VO, and why they were perceived to be faked?

Timeline

Ya, Chris, sorry, if it was just the wedding photos shot at a studio, sorry. Ya needed more than that, ages past.

Usually ppl here know to include other photos - the best ones are the two of you doing stuff with her family, in various locales, settings.

I won't second guess Mr. Ellis here, but I'm sorta leaning towards 'file a new I-130', one that is thicker with relationship evidence and photos.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I won't second guess Mr. Ellis here, but I'm sorta leaning towards 'file a new I-130', one that is thicker with relationship evidence and photos.

Tough call. As Ryan pointed out, when you still have an approved and never expiring I-130 petition, there is no point filing another I-130: It is redundant. You need to work the existing petition and deal with USCIS and get them re-affirming it so another consular interview will be scheduled. You only file a new I-130 if the old one ultimately gets revoked, a very bad outcome that you want to avoid/prevent at all cost.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Tough call. As Ryan pointed out, when you still have an approved and never expiring I-130 petition, there is no point filing another I-130: It is redundant. You need to work the existing petition and deal with USCIS and get them re-affirming it so another consular interview will be scheduled. You only file a new I-130 if the old one ultimately gets revoked, a very bad outcome that you want to avoid/prevent at all cost.

The next time the Consulate sees the existing petition, it will be a thicker, more complete file including the rebuttal evidence used to get the reaffirmation of the initial approval.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

For the photo part, We actually give them different variety photos already.

I would say the major problem is the income.

Nothing I can do , I am waiting the letter from USCIS.

Sigh, sad day. Lucky, we still young. We guess We can wait...

Timeline

This forum is not moving ?

This is a thread. People post in it when they see a reason. I take it you have hired Marc Ellis to handle your case. Do you have a question for us or something new to report?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Chris:

I am sorry my wife's visa was denied as well. For us its not a problem of sponsorship: My income is more than adequate. She is just totally un-prepared for the grilling of questions. We let our guard down and I did not do enough to urger her to prepare for the questioning. She could hardly identify all the documents I prepared for her.

What do you feel about Marc Ellis so far, as you have hired him?

Any good re-submitting a new petition?

Timeline

I would like to ask that Will my wife have a chance ever deny to come to USA. or She can come eventually under the immigration law if our relationship is real?

If you hired Marc Ellis, this is an excellent question to ask him. The best you'll get is an opinion, not a guarantee. However, it DOES take more than a real relationship to obtain an immigration benefit. One additional item is adequate sponsorship.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Since I am really upset about this stuff and I have no clue where I should head to. I decide to hide the lawyer. Luckily

Marc Ellie has accept my case. Hopefully He can help me. I dont think what I can do next step no more...

Pay money, let someone help.

Excellent News! Has he reviewed your case, and given you some focused instructions for 'whats next'?

or not?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks for all the information.

Yes, I hired Marc. Nothing special in the beginning, after I explain the case to him. he suggest me two way, one way is he can write a letter into consulate and try to turn around the case, second is doing NOIR letter.

After the discussion and analyst the situation, he thinks it's not a big chance for turn around the case, ( if you wanna turn around the case and write letter into consulate will delay the NOIR letter) that's why he told me.

So we choose fight for NOIR letter. then all I can do is wait and prepare all the evidence I need, phone record, travel record, QQ record, ETC.

He did mentioned poor income is weak point for PO deny my case(that's why we have co-sponsor, but Guangzhou consulate love to deny people with poor income!He said)

, since that, the VO will use a lot of "different" reasons say why deny my case when back to UCSIS for supervisor reviewed.

Anyway, All I do is wait now... Sigh what a long and painful waiting

Timeline

Thanks for all the information.

So we choose fight for NOIR letter. then all I can do is wait and prepare all the evidence I need, phone record, travel record, QQ record, ETC.

He did mentioned poor income is weak point for PO deny my case(that's why we have co-sponsor, but Guangzhou consulate love to deny people with poor income!He said)

, since that, the VO will use a lot of "different" reasons say why deny my case when back to UCSIS for supervisor reviewed.

Anyway, All I do is wait now... Sigh what a long and painful waiting

You need to do both. You need to actively communicate with the Consulate atthis point, regardless of the result, and force them to talk to you. Even if un-successful you would have accumulated stuff very useful later on in debunking the NOIR.

I am doing both but I count on getting it reversed at Consulate. I has strong arguments. I know what to argue on. All I need is the opportunity to get to sit down talk to them.

For you, Chris, I guess your financial support may be an obstacle. While you are waiting get your financials in order, ultimately if you can not sponsor you still can not bring yoru wife over. One year is long enough to make good effort on that aspect. But for now, don't just sit and wait. Shout out loud and protest. And try to gather any little bit of information to fight against their decision.

Timeline

I am doing both but I count on getting it reversed at Consulate. I has strong arguments. I know what to argue on. All I need is the opportunity to get to sit down talk to them.

I am trying to CC my protests and debunking letters to NVC and USCIS at the same time. Letting know that CONGUZ screwed up things, and that I told them they screwed up, but yet they insist on sending files back to USCIS.

This puts them in a difficult position to send files back to USCIS and burden them, knowing they were wrong.

Am I doing the right thing? Am I firing my munitions too soon?

Timeline

Chris:

Which VO interviewed your wife?

In my wife's case it's the male VO sitting at Window #26, wearing a pair of glass. He is one of the only two VO who speaks no Chinese, the other one is the Arabian woman who was said to be tough.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.