McBrit

The location of my Oath ceremony

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I was wondering if its possible to choose the location of your Oath ceremony? I would like to do it in Boston but, do not live there and I know that people swear in at Disney which must be by choice. Please be kind in your reply if this is a stupid question.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Never told anyone at the USCIS, Sir, yes, sir, like in our military, but was tempted to. Commented to my wife if we got a biometrics appointment in LA, we live in WI, would be there.

Our constitution states that person is assumed innocent until proven guilty, can toss that in the trashcan with the USCIS, you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent.

Last February we had the oath ceremony for my stepdaughter, roads were listed as impassable, so I said we are leaving four hours earlier. Roads were nearly not that bad, we got there four hours ahead of time. So took my girls to the Mall of American, they had a blast, I was bored out of my mind. But accustomed to that when guarding in our military. Time will pass, always has, and that passed too.

In regards to taking your family to Disneyworld, been there, done that, but nothing to do with the USCIS. Just do as your told and get it over with, anything else will drag it out for further misery on your part. Those six years I was forced to spent in our military were the longest years of my life, so much about freedom in this country when you are forced to serve. But they sure have taught me every dirty word in the book, and I have sure cussed out the USCIS, but not to their face, was a perfect gentleman with them, God, I am a hypocrite. I love my girls and want to keep them.

Other saying was, you want evidence, I have evidence.

You could always ask at your interview. But I'm guessing the Disney thing may just have been local residents? I couldn't really find out. And if it wasn't, I still get the feeling it was by invitation rather than request. I did see lots of news stories saying July 4th was a popular day for the ceremonies, but I didn't know you could choose the date...so maybe even it is USCIS or whoever arranges it who decides that is a good day :unsure:

Filed: Other Timeline

The Greater Los Angeles area has several Oath locations, from the courthouse with 56 people and candlelight dinner-4-2 atmosphere all the way up to the L.A. Convention Center where they do the immigration cattle drive twice a day with 6,000 applicants plus guests for a total of about 25,000 people. Been there twice, so I know the unspeakable pain.

No, you can't choose where you will be sworn in. You can decline an appointment and wait for the next one, but you can't choose the venue.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.