JDDM

I-130 Questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello Everyone! I just want to first say thank you to everyone who replies to this thread, this website has been beyond helpful! Anyways, my beautiful women and I are about to tie the knot in a couple of weeks and then I plan to start the CR-1 process with the I-130. She is from Romania and we are both very new to this process so I have a lot of questions, I've done some research but there are still a few things I am unclear about. We met on a cruise ship that we both work on at the moment, we are sailing Alaska and have decided that we are going to get married here. We are having a very small ceremony, basically just us and my best friend who is coming to be the witness, we are doing this now of course because we want to spend the rest of our lives together and the only way for us to live together is for her to come to the states. In about a year we want to have a real, big traditional wedding both in the states and in Bucharest where we invite friends and family. So, I guess my fist question is how important is it to have a ton of pictures from the ceremony and is it going to be a disadvantage that the only person attending the ceremony accept for the priest is my best friend? Now, we can get affidavits from multiple people who are aware of the wedding I would say about 4 or 5 people on each of our families and friends. Also, we have decided to hyphenate our last names and get them changed ASAP, if anyone could suggest what the most valuable pieces of evidence proving our relationship is genuine that would be most helpful. The other question I have is on the I-130 it asks for a previous address of where you and your spouse lived together, in our case we are living on a cruise ship together in the same cabin( by the time we disembark it'll be 6 months living together). Can I add a page onto the I-130 explaining this and then attach both of our contracts from the cruise line that show the dates we worked on the ship and then we lived together? Does anyone have experience in this? Any other suggestions for my situation would be wonderful, I am trying to get a good understanding of how much evidence I need, I am wondering if that fact that we have only been together for 4 months is going to be a factor. I promise you this is a complete genuine relationship and we love each other very much and want to be life long partners and I would love any suggestions on how to prove that. Thank you again!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hey there!

i hadnt sent much evidence with the i-130, just an affidavit of a close friend which sated that our marriage is real and not a fake. no problems with uscis, no problems at the nvc either. they may ask u for a lil more evidence at the interview, but i think they dont wanna see tons of pictures and whatever. i ll take some pics with me then, print opur some emails so in case someone asks, i ll have sth.

i think there shouldnt be severe poblems in ur case - honestly, it sounds pretty normal to me.

and usually u can add additional sheets for questions on the forms, just mark it by the question and then answer everything on the extra sheet.

event.png

event.png

I miss him endlessly - and can't wait to finally be united again.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.