alohabama

Immigration service providers

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If you need help go top a competent Immigration Lawyer.

Run as fast as you can from anything else.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Call and find out yourself, don’t waste our time :bonk:

if you feel that other VJ members are wasting your time, then just avoid reading and replying. It's that simple.

if you feel that other VJ members are wasting your time, then just avoid reading and replying. It's that simple.

If you feel the need to make this comment just avoid reading and replying, it’s a two way street! :ot2:

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

People, please, no need to argue or be rude to anyone. We're all here to get and offer help (if we can).

OP - Please find time to read the K1 Guidelines or guideline/s for whatever type of visa you decide to apply for in the future. Hiring lawyers or these immigration service providers could be sometimes not really worth your money. If you have the time and patience, read, read, read and understand what you're reading, of course. And if you need help, you can always come here and ask for it. A lot of nice people here are more than ready to help you. Good luck!

Perhaps I didn't word it well. I'm not looking for a particular company. Just want to know if they are worth the expense or if they provide a service that is necessary. Is it better to do the application for K1 myself or to hire these services. I still am curious what others' experiences are/were before I make a decision.

Luke 1:37 - "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."

AOS Journey

• 02.25.2012 - AOS, EAD, AP sent
  • 02.29.2012 - received text/email receipt notices
  • 03.22.2012 - transferred to CSC
  • 04.19.2012 - biometrics appointment
  • 05.02.2012 - EAD & AP approved
  • 10.19.2012 - AOS approved

K1 Journey

• 05.2000 - met in class - Orlando, FL
  • 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 11.2011 - K1 visa received
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Call and find out yourself, don’t waste our time :bonk:

Really if it is a waste of time then why read it and respond? who pissed in your cheerios?

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Not really looking for anything. Just saw the ads and wondered if they were legit or not.

We did all the paperwork by ourselves, and it was all good - we're at the NOA2 stage. As other members pointed out, as long as there are no red flags(criminal record, not a bona fide relationship, etc. ) you should be ok. Look at the guides here, at the example forms and browse through the forums for K-1 visa. We didn't get a RFE, and we plan to do everything on our own - and there are always wonderful people here, on VJ, who can help you out :) I read about people using an attorney and were given incorrect information or got screwed up, while others used the services of an attorney successfully. It's really up to you. We'd rather use the money to travel and have fun :dance:

0041ss.jpg

event.png

K1 Visa
Nov 16, 2010 - I 129f sent
May 25, 2010 - NOA 2
June 6, 2011 - NVC received our petition
June 7, 2011 - case number assigned, petition sent to US consulate in Bucharest
June 27, 2011 - interview - approved
June 30, 2011 - POE Boston
August 14, 2011 - married

AOS journey
September 30, 2011 - filled for AOS and EAD
October 4, 2011 - NOA1
October 26, 2011 - Biometrics
October 26, 2011 - Case moved to CSC
November 23, 2011 -Email from USCIS - card production
November 28, 2011 - Email from USCIS - I485 approved!!!
November 29, 2011 - Welcome letter in the mail
December 5, 2011 - Green card in the mail - date issued 11/16/2011

Lifting Conditions

September 17, 2013 - Sent application

September 20, 2013 - NOA1

October 11, 2013 - Case moved to CSC

October 18, 2013 - Biometrics

January 3, 2014 - Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I'm going to avoid the friction and say... Tim I tend to agree that if there are no 'complications' it can be straight forward. Any questions.. just ask and there will be a good pool of people prepared to help. If there is anything tricky about your situation then you may need legal assistance. Otherwise.. start by following the K1 guide... read this site and get an indication of the pitfalls (you'll find it addictive ) :rolleyes: . If you follow the guide and check with the forum if you are confused about, ask, and you will be fine. Good luck with your petition, whatever path you decide on.

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've pretty much followed the K1 guide. I just wanted to double check and see if these services were worth exploring. What I'm hearing here is what I've heard elsewhere. I just thought I'd ask before I mailed everything off to make sure.

Mahalo nui loa to the responses.

Anyone used the immigration service providers? The ones who promise to do the paperwork for you? Just curious if anyone has and what the experiences are. Also, which is the best.

Mahalo.

my fiancee and i hired a RAPID VISA...though they will just advice and provide stuff needed for the petition thing.

but on my requirements for my interview...i did it ALONE..from the ds forms..and everything.but i guess that's normal...the immigration thing will just really give you advices what's for this and for that.

but to sum it up...humm i may say..they help us alot.the good thing on that site is that..on the forms for uscis thing..

i many times made mistakes on filing it..and i never have a problem for any forms bcoz i can anytime have print outs from their site;)

you can try to check this website: www.rapidvisa.com. i recomend it to my friends and they all have no problem on their application for the uscis.

good luck!

Anyone used the immigration service providers? The ones who promise to do the paperwork for you? Just curious if anyone has and what the experiences are. Also, which is the best.

Mahalo.

To be honest with what we have done ourselves, I am glad we didnt as we not only saved money, but time in waiting and with the help of this forum and the steps and questions we knew what to expect ahead.

There will be delays in communication when you could have been onto the next step and what if they do not meet your expectations.

The only thing we have done as a precaution is hire an attorney who is working in the background and is waiting for our instructions, this is how it should be, when we say jump to him, he asks How high? not that we are jumping through his hoops, we have enough of those to jump through

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm glad I found this site before applying. We did everything ourselves until we ran into a problem after our NOA2. We hired a fantastic immigration attorney and even researched him on this site. I didn't want to go the lawyer route, but our situation deemed it necessary. If you have no complications, you should be able to do it on your own just fine. I've posted all sorts of questions and great people have replied nearly every time with very sound advice. I especially appreciate the diamond/platinum members who don't mind giving advice based on their YEARS of experience with USCIS. Good luck either way!

**Because of some of the back-and-forth in this topic - administrative action has been taken and the thread will remain under moderator review for a period of time (please stay on topic).

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Mahalo.

If you are not one of the poeple that get put off by paperwork you should be able to do it yourself.

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Perhaps I didn't word it well. I'm not looking for a particular company. Just want to know if they are worth the expense or if they provide a service that is necessary. Is it better to do the application for K1 myself or to hire these services. I still am curious what others' experiences are/were before I make a decision.

I agree with what Tim is saying. If you are going to spend money for someone to help you might as well spend the extra and get an attorney. That way they are there to help if there are any problems. If you go the attorney route I would also suggest finding one that has an office in your fiance country that way they are there to help your fiance with the paperwork that she will need.

3-5-2011: I-129F Sent

3-9-2011: NOA1

6-24-2011: NOA2

6-30-2011: NOA2 Hard Copy

7-19-2011: Received Case Number from NVC

08-08-2011: Sent Packet 3 to Embassy

09-12-2011: Received Packet 4 Instructions

09-28-2011: Interview: Approved

10-06-2011: Point of Entry

11-03-2011: Married

AOS:

11-17-2011: Filed AOS Packet

12-09-2011: AOS Check Cashed

01-01-2012: Biometrics

01-31-2012: Received EAD

07-20-2012: AOS Approved

08-01-2012: Received Green Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.