_Simpson_

TV Executives Admit in Taped Interviews That Hollywood Pushes a Liberal Agenda

83 posts in this topic

I read the article. That's how I know; these people admit their biases. Either you approve or you don't. I don't.

It sounds like what Marta Kaufman did was illegal - an admission she states rather blithely yet no one has over come forward claiming discrimination based on being a conservative. Maybe no one was discriminated against for that reason?

There was a huge sexual harassment case brought against the show - it was controversially dismissed.

90day.jpg

If you think about it, Libs need a Hollywood... a place where liberal ideas actually work, where single mothers are a picture of success and their kids, simply go though the normal teen troubles but typically turn out swell.

HollyWood has it's own reality, where VD such as A.I.D.S and other "inconveniences" rarely work their way into the script.

It's a place where the wealthy and business owners are selfish and the poor are the victims of society.

It's rather necessary... if you think about it, that Liberals have a means to present their views and ideas....unchallenged and safe.

Libs claim diversity is our greatest strength but we can't help but notice who they consistantly vote for at awards time.

Libs are all for big gov controlling everyones life, setting up whole depts and agencies to monitor bike helmet use and hamburgers eaten... even down to the lightbulb we buy but... where are the gov. agencies providing oversight in Hollywood? I'd like to know how active Osha is on the sets and locations, where is, Eric "My people" Holder at ensuring

Blacks and females are reflected, in proportion to their population, in staring rolls of films as well as management and ownership of studies?

No, no, no... my friends, the Left needs Hollywood to be controlled by the Left, why just imagine if Hollywood were "diverse" in creeds and philosophy, why we would actually have had blockbuster movies made based on real events,.. without fear of toes being stepped on such as "When Bill met Monica" ...how did that never NOT get made?...(Tell me agains there is no liberal syndicate) :rofl:

Instead we get boring plastic docu-type moves about Evil Reagan.... which no one wants to see.

INstead of The Roman Polanski exploits we get the Nixon history recycled again and again on the big screen.

IN Hollywood the Police are often the bad-guy and the guy on death-row is the -redeemable Character.

IN hollywood reality, even when Gov't is corrupt.... the answer is "more gov't". :lol:

Who would keep these notions alive in youth and soft minded adults if not Hollywood?

And how could the left possibly stand a few studios making movies without Gays playing the predictable "reasonable" roll (with a flare) and religious folk as the far-out roll if not evil roll?

IMagine a sitcom where the family goes to church or a movies where a scene depicts an unplanned pregnancy with abortion being rejected. :wow:

Image a TV series where joe average-guy carries a gun or has daughters who don't act like sluts (to Hollywood that is just not a "realistic portrayal").

SO you see, the Left has a hammer-lock on Hollywood for a darn good reason..... could it be broken..... so that Hollywood values and views match the diversity of their audience?

Nope, at best a new conservative or traditional veiw could emerge via the Change in technology.

From what little I know of the industry, there are certain gate keepers both for TV and to even get a movie out to a market in theaters, It takes huge money to make and distribute movies, you can't just send DVDs out to theaters.

Even with all that considered, the "arts" is an area where Libs gravitate and dominate and have for centuries, no need to ever think their presence will ever not dominate.... short of society imposing restraint on them as we once pressured them to to do. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hays_code

....It's highly unlikely they will allow diversity in their midst as this new book documents.

NO, Hollywood would crumble under competition of thought and ideas, why just watch sweet Sally Fields go mind numb with he Lib rant at the Cathedral of Progressives... imagine if half the audience did not share her view the pressure she would be under.

Hollywood is the Liberal Fortress.... don't ever think they will allow others to breech their walls.

What are you blathering on about? I find it very hard to understand why anyone would take political ideology so seriously and apply it in the most absurd and ridiculous situations. Hollywood is not political. Hollywood is not churning out political propaganda it's merely a reflection of what's 'popular' As a liberal (small l, I adhere to no political ideology, I have no political aspirations and I don't segregate people into political boxes) I personally don't think much of the typical block buster Hollywood output and rarely bother to watch any of those types of movies, preferring art house, indies and foreign films (how utterly communistic eh Danno?) but I certainly do not see this 'liberals need Hollywood' stuff, that simply makes no sense at all.

Your basic premise about the 'liberal' versus the 'conservative' is complete drivel, it's as if you honestly believe that unless you are a conservative you can't hold any decent normal values about anything. I guess that's what going to all these tea party rallies is teaching you?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

What are you blathering on about? I find it very hard to understand why anyone would take political ideology so seriously and apply it in the most absurd and ridiculous situations. Hollywood is not political. Hollywood is not churning out political propaganda it's merely a reflection of what's 'popular' As a liberal (small l, I adhere to no political ideology, I have no political aspirations and I don't segregate people into political boxes) I personally don't think much of the typical block buster Hollywood output and rarely bother to watch any of those types of movies, preferring art house, indies and foreign films (how utterly communistic eh Danno?) but I certainly do not see this 'liberals need Hollywood' stuff, that simply makes no sense at all.

Your basic premise about the 'liberal' versus the 'conservative' is complete drivel, it's as if you honestly believe that unless you are a conservative you can't hold any decent normal values about anything. I guess that's what going to all these tea party rallies is teaching you?

Drivel ehh?

If it were mere drivel, you wouldn't respond.... as you do every time.

:rofl:

Edited by Danno

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you think about it, Libs need a Hollywood... a place where liberal ideas actually work, where single mothers are a picture of success and their kids, simply go though the normal teen troubles but typically turn out swell.

HollyWood has it's own reality, where VD such as A.I.D.S and other "inconveniences" rarely work their way into the script.

It's a place where the wealthy and business owners are selfish and the poor are the victims of society.

It's rather necessary... if you think about it, that Liberals have a means to present their views and ideas....unchallenged and safe.

Libs claim diversity is our greatest strength but we can't help but notice who they consistantly vote for at awards time.

Libs are all for big gov controlling everyones life, setting up whole depts and agencies to monitor bike helmet use and hamburgers eaten... even down to the lightbulb we buy but... where are the gov. agencies providing oversight in Hollywood? I'd like to know how active Osha is on the sets and locations, where is, Eric "My people" Holder at ensuring

Blacks and females are reflected, in proportion to their population, in staring rolls of films as well as management and ownership of studies?

No, no, no... my friends, the Left needs Hollywood to be controlled by the Left, why just imagine if Hollywood were "diverse" in creeds and philosophy, why we would actually have had blockbuster movies made based on real events,.. without fear of toes being stepped on such as "When Bill met Monica" ...how did that never NOT get made?...(Tell me agains there is no liberal syndicate) :rofl:

Instead we get boring plastic docu-type moves about Evil Reagan.... which no one wants to see.

INstead of The Roman Polanski exploits we get the Nixon history recycled again and again on the big screen.

IN Hollywood the Police are often the bad-guy and the guy on death-row is the -redeemable Character.

IN hollywood reality, even when Gov't is corrupt.... the answer is "more gov't". :lol:

Who would keep these notions alive in youth and soft minded adults if not Hollywood?

And how could the left possibly stand a few studios making movies without Gays playing the predictable "reasonable" roll (with a flare) and religious folk as the far-out roll if not evil roll?

IMagine a sitcom where the family goes to church or a movies where a scene depicts an unplanned pregnancy with abortion being rejected. :wow:

Image a TV series where joe average-guy carries a gun or has daughters who don't act like sluts (to Hollywood that is just not a "realistic portrayal").

SO you see, the Left has a hammer-lock on Hollywood for a darn good reason..... could it be broken..... so that Hollywood values and views match the diversity of their audience?

Nope, at best a new conservative or traditional veiw could emerge via the Change in technology.

From what little I know of the industry, there are certain gate keepers both for TV and to even get a movie out to a market in theaters, It takes huge money to make and distribute movies, you can't just send DVDs out to theaters.

Even with all that considered, the "arts" is an area where Libs gravitate and dominate and have for centuries, no need to ever think their presence will ever not dominate.... short of society imposing restraint on them as we once pressured them to to do. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hays_code

....It's highly unlikely they will allow diversity in their midst as this new book documents.

NO, Hollywood would crumble under competition of thought and ideas, why just watch sweet Sally Fields go mind numb with he Lib rant at the Cathedral of Progressives... imagine if half the audience did not share her view the pressure she would be under.

Hollywood is the Liberal Fortress.... don't ever think they will allow others to breech their walls.

Dude, you are royally insane if you believe that any of what you wrote makes sense. Honestly, Danno - you're in batshit country with that rationale.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Dude, you are royally insane if you believe that any of what you wrote makes sense. Honestly, Danno - you're in batshit country with that rationale.

Just mixin a little truth with fun.

You do remember what fun is don'tcha?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn