_Simpson_

TV Executives Admit in Taped Interviews That Hollywood Pushes a Liberal Agenda

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Discrimination. I shouldn't have to repeat myself. Now I know that Conservatives have cornered the market when it comes to critical thinking but its never to late, take it back and quit giving these Hollywood nut jobs a free ride.

It seems I must repeat myself: I believe I said "aside from discrimination". Yes discrimination in the workplace is indeed a problem - but as I said - there are legal mechanisms to deal with it.

So are you saying then that discrimination over the hiring of some staffers on a TV show and an actress is the ONLY SYMPTOM of this "big problem"?

Nice way to stick with the substance, champ. Keep ignoring the questions I've been asking.

If the point is discrimination, I belive fishdude answered aptly. There are laws (championed by liberals, appropriately stated) that would protect conservative victims as long as they can prove their case. I believe these interviews could be taken as evidence right?

Go back and read what I have posted. I answered your question.

It seems I must repeat myself: I believe I said "aside from discrimination". Yes discrimination in the workplace is indeed a problem - but as I said - there are legal mechanisms to deal with it.

So are you saying then that discrimination over the hiring of some staffers on a TV show and an actress is the ONLY SYMPTOM of this "big problem"?

This is the problem I'm concerned with and it doesnt look like these mechanisms you have such faith in have been very effective. You want proof, look at how Hollywood handles this Kauffman incedent. Do you really think there will be any real action taken against her. I think not so quit it with this "there are legal mechanisms" bullshite.

I have to go now. Until the next time I put you in your place...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

This is the problem I'm concerned with and it doesnt look like these mechanisms you have such faith in have been very effective. You want proof, look at how Hollywood handles this Kauffman incedent. Do you really think there will be any real action taken against her. I think not so quit it with this "there are legal mechanisms" bullshite.

Dude you shouldn't order anyone to read anything when you can't even spell things- a proper sign of poor use of language skills.

Let me bring the questions forward in the next post:

Fascinating. What exactly is a liberal agenda in your opinion and what do you think this liberal agenda, in the opinion of those judging this general Hollywood community, is trying to accomplish?

Furthermore, what do you plan on doing about it?

Questions 1, 2 need answers.

An effective measurement would be to compare how those mechanisms work the way they're supposed to (in a court of law). Try again.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Simpson, take a deep breath... and think.

Kauffman was a writer and the co-creator on Friends (a show which has been off the air for many years now). The reference to Candace Gingrich-Jones being hired as a lesbian minister, refers to an episode of Friends which aired in 1996.

What action should be taken against her?

Are we talking jail-time? Presumably all of the right-wingers who didn't get jobs on Friends (or right wing actress who didn't get hired to play the lesbian minister) will be coming out of the woodwork and suing her for discrimination.

Errr... No.

Yeah... don't get your cape caught in the revolving door on the way out.

The last time I checked Kelsey Grammar, Bruce Willis, Heather Locklear, Sly Stallone, Gary Sinise, John Voight, Jerry Bruckheimer, Mel Gibson, Clint Eastwood, Patricia Heaton, etc etc etc were all getting good work and making stacks and stacks of money.

90day.jpg

An effective measurement would be to compare how those mechanisms work the way they're supposed to (in a court of law). Try again.

Or to give people examples of how this system failed. I give you Kauffman.

Simpson, take a deep breath... and think.

Kauffman was a writer and the co-creator on Friends (a show which has been off the air for many years now). The reference to Candace Gingrich-Jones being hired as a lesbian minister, refers to an episode of Friends which aired in 1996.

What action should be taken against her?

Are we talking jail-time? Presumably all of the right-wingers who didn't get jobs on Friends (or right wing actress who didn't get hired to play the lesbian minister) will be coming out of the woodwork and suing her for discrimination.

Errr... No.

She seemed very free to tell us how she made sure to hire a all liberal staff. Now if you cant see the problem then you my friend are beyond help.

Yeah... don't get your cape caught in the revolving door on the way out.

:lol:

Now that's funny.

The last time I checked Kelsey Grammar, Bruce Willis, Heather Locklear, Sly Stallone, Gary Sinise, John Voight, Jerry Bruckheimer, Mel Gibson, Clint Eastwood, Patricia Heaton, etc etc etc were all getting good work and making stacks and stacks of money.

Yeah so the conclusion would be?

Edited by _Simpson_

She seemed very free to tell us how she made sure to hire a all liberal staff. Now if you cant see the problem then you my friend are beyond help.

be?

Whatever her hiring practices were the staff she put in place delivered one of the most financially successful TV franchises of all time. Seems like she made some pretty good hires.

Yeah so the conclusion would be?

For all your desire to play the victim here, it seems like being a Republican/conservative is not a hindrance to success in Hollywood.

90day.jpg

Whatever her hiring practices were the staff she put in place delivered one of the most financially successful TV franchises of all time. Seems like she made some pretty good hires.

So discrimination is OK as long as one makes a lot of money. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

For all your desire to play the victim here, it seems like being a Republican/conservative is not a hindrance to success in Hollywood.

Yeah they all came into the business bragging about their political views.

So discrimination is OK as long as one makes a lot of money. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Actually, discrimination based on political affiliation is illegal under California labor law.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=lab&group=01001-02000&file=1101-1106

Is there a writer/producer/gaffer who can prove they were discriminated against? Seems like they have the case. Still, she clearly made good decisions on hiring judging by the success of the show.

Yeah they all came into the business bragging about their political views.

None of them have exactly been secretive about them either.

90day.jpg

That's kind of like saying there is no racism against black people in America because the President is black.

Maybe. But do you think "hollywood" cares about anything other than making money? Red blooded conservatives that put butts in seats will be around much longer than Daily Kos reader that doesn't.

90day.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think this issue might be a problem

only

if

yer a card carrying member of the SAG

and yer a conservative

Yes?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Actually, discrimination based on political affiliation is illegal under California labor law.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=lab&group=01001-02000&file=1101-1106

Is there a writer/producer/gaffer who can prove they were discriminated against? Seems like they have the case. Still, she clearly made good decisions on hiring judging by the success of the show.

And I hope she is brought to court. You mentioned how successful the show was, like I should be happy with that or something. Imagine how successful the show could of been had she not limited herself. Since friends she has had some disappointment with sitcoms. I wonder if it had anything to do with her limited selection process.

None of them have exactly been secretive about them either.

Nowadays. They would probably be the first to tell to keep your mouth closed if you want to make it in Hollywood. Talking about it now as a successful actor is easy, try it in Hollywood when you're first starting off and see how far you get.

Edited by _Simpson_

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm ok with that, si man!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !