_Simpson_

TV Executives Admit in Taped Interviews That Hollywood Pushes a Liberal Agenda

83 posts in this topic

If specific individuals have been discriminated against for the purposes of hiring, there are mechanisms to deal with that.

In Hollywood there really isnt, you must admit that its a big problem. Or you could be like hal and just believe that talented people tend to be liberal and thats why Hollywood is full of them.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Did you really read the article?

Yes. It shows instances of "liberals" in positions of authority being douchebags. Which is why I asked Simpson to define his opinion and that which bases its judgement of those 'liberals' unto some kind of agenda, Hollywood (again with this amorphous generalized term) being the industry that it is.

I know I could make idiotic 'people like' type of comments that Simpson and others frequently wave around like handfans on hot summer days, but I won't.

Then you need to open your eyes. What you might consider a mere coincident I call BS. Is it one big conspiracy,of course not. Are people hiring like minded people on purpose, well yes. Marta Kauffman and

Do you want to pretend that David Crane wasnt in on this? Open your eyes.

So do something about it, big guy.

Who said it was every single person in Hollywood or that it was one big conspiracy. I noticed in every post on this thread you keep trying to touch on that, why?

Because individual instances do not always characterize a whole group. Does this mean I defend these douchebags? Not really. You're trying to give political significance before really stating what this signigicance implies, means, or for that matter- does.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In Hollywood there really isnt, you must admit that its a big problem. Or you could be like hal and just believe that talented people tend to be liberal and thats why Hollywood is full of them.

The same labour laws that allow people to sue for unfair dismissal or discrimination apply to Hollywood as well. That said, Hollywood is run by private interests for commercial reasons - it may well be that a lot of the people who work that are several generations of the same family or else friends of those who do. All that shows is that Hollywood is insular and hasn't changed much since it first began.

That said, you say it is a "big problem", but what is the problem? I'm not talking about ideology here, I mean in pure practical terms.

Edited by fishdude

Timeline

Its like believing I'm someone I'm not. :lol:

Poor wankers. I already said I am OK living with the false accusation (thanks to AJ for going on that one too).

The same labour laws that allow people to sue for unfair dismissal or discrimination apply to Hollywood as well. That said, Hollywood is run by private interests for commercial reasons - it may well be that a lot of the people who work that are several generations of the same family or else friends of those who do.

That said, you say it is a "big problem", but what is the problem? I'm not talking about ideology here, I mean in pure practical terms.

It must be a liberal conspiracy. Clearly it must be.

So do something about it, big guy.

I did, I posted this article. Awareness is a critical step in fixing this problem.

Because individual instances do not always characterize a whole group. Does this mean I defend these douchebags? Not really. You're trying to give political significance before really stating what this signigicance implies, means, or for that matter- does.

Play it down all you want but 90% of Hollywood is liberal. Aside from them admitting it, it also shows in there work. The few conservatives in Hollywood have had to keep their mouths closed on this issue because they will be discriminated against.

Edited by _Simpson_

The same labour laws that allow people to sue for unfair dismissal or discrimination apply to Hollywood as well. That said, Hollywood is run by private interests for commercial reasons - it may well be that a lot of the people who work that are several generations of the same family or else friends of those who do. All that shows is that Hollywood is insular and hasn't changed much since it first began.

The problem is that we see way too many situations like the Kauffmann story. Keep down playing it all you want but dont expect conservatives to let it go until there is a real attempt to address this huge problem.

Timeline

I did, I posted this article. Awareness is a critical step in fixing this problem.

Play it down all you want but 90% of Hollywood is liberal. Aside from them admitting it, it also shows in there work. The few conservatives in Hollywood have had to keep quite on this issue because they will be discriminated against.

So I say, what exactly is the problem if Hollywood does have a liberal bias. Besides employment discrimination - give me some practical examples of this "big problem" and the effect it has on the country.

Timeline

Play it down all you want but 90% of Hollywood is liberal. Aside from them admitting it, it also shows in there work. The few conservatives in Hollywood have had to keep their mouths closed on this issue because they will be discriminated against.

Awesome, Simpson. I'll be looking forward to your making all of us here aware of the liberal agenda of discriminating against conservatives trying to entertain all of us.

That must be the idea of being liberal, after all, right? (something you continue to fail to answer)

Timeline

The problem is that we see way too many situations like the Kauffmann story. Keep down playing it all you want but dont expect conservatives to let it go until there is a real attempt to address this huge problem.

You're already turning it into some sort of battle between of "Us Conservative" Vs. "Them Liberals" :rolleyes:

Put that aside for a moment and think. What exactly is the practical problem of a liberal bias in Hollywood?

Are conservative politicians not getting elected to high office? Have any conservatives gotten elected to high office since Hollywood began?

Timeline

Its a horrible problem. Something should be done about it. Will there be turf wars in California over this? Political gangs adorning our movies? The horror.

You're already turning it into some sort of battle between of "Us Conservative" Vs. "Them Liberals" :rolleyes:

Put that aside for a moment and think. What exactly is the practical problem of a liberal bias in Hollywood?

Are conservative politicians not getting elected to high office? Have any conservatives gotten elected to high office since Hollywood began?

Its the foundation of the Media Liberal Elites of which President Obama is a prime benefactor, of course. And Soros. We can't forget him.

So I say, what exactly is the problem if Hollywood does have a liberal bias. Besides employment discrimination - give me some practical examples of this "big problem" and the effect it has on the country.

Discriminating will always be a big problem for this country. ;)

Awesome, Simpson. I'll be looking forward to your making all of us here aware of the liberal agenda of discriminating against conservatives trying to entertain all of us.

That must be the idea of being liberal, after all, right? (something you continue to fail to answer)

Hal I like your other personality better, you seemed more concerned with solving problems instead of being a decisive tool.

Timeline

Hal I like your other personality better, you seemed more concerned with solving problems instead of being a decisive tool.

I think there's still the thing about being honest about what it is we're talking about. I know you're one of the more gullible players on this board, but really... do you take gossip as fact? Sucks being that way huh?

Timeline

So what is the problem with Kauffman hiring a "staff of liberals" and an actress who is related to a right-winger?

What is the "big problem" arising from that?

I think there's still the thing about being honest about what it is we're talking about. I know you're one of the more gullible players on this board, but really... do you take gossip as fact? Sucks being that way huh?

Hal stfu,your fooling nobody and it makes you look bad.

So what is the problem with Kauffman hiring a "staff of liberals" and an actress who is related to a right-winger?

What is the "big problem" arising from that?

Discrimination. I shouldn't have to repeat myself. Now I know that Conservatives have cornered the market when it comes to critical thinking but its never to late, take it back and quit giving these Hollywood nut jobs a free ride.

Timeline

Hal stfu,your fooling nobody and it makes you look bad.

Discrimination. I shouldn't have to repeat myself. Now I know that Conservatives have cornered the market when it comes to critical thinking but its never to late, take it back and quit giving these Hollywood nut jobs a free ride.

Nice way to stick with the substance, champ. Keep ignoring the questions I've been asking.

If the point is discrimination, I belive fishdude answered aptly. There are laws (championed by liberals, appropriately stated) that would protect conservative victims as long as they can prove their case. I believe these interviews could be taken as evidence right?