El-Andalusi

CR1 Visa Denied at US Embassy

127 posts in this topic

Wow, well done - and kudos doing it without a lawyer. I agree that these forums, a little self-research and plenty of common sense together can rule out the need for a lawyer, not to mention save you $$$! Enjoy your new life together :)

Ready for my grand ol' timeline? Alrighty then!

10-05-10 - Married in California
06-13-11 - I-130 approved
10-13-11 - CASE COMPLETE!
12-02-11 - Interview - 221g due to a washed passport
12-17-11 - POE - YYC (preclearance in Canada)

2011 to 2013 - Life happened

06-26-13 - Divorce finalized

10-07-13 - I-751 divorce filer paperwork journey begins

07-03-14 - ROC interview - approval pending delayed background checks

07-25-14 - APPROVED! 10 year GC is finally in production!

08-01-14 - 10 year GC in hand. The journey has finally ended. :)

2014 to 2020 - Living paperwork-free and focused on me!

11-09-20 - N-400 filed online - welcome back VJ fam!

6-22-21 - Interview in Nashville, approved! And then...

6-22-21 - Pledge of Allegiance taken. Holy shirtballs I'm a US Citizen.

I've spent so many years in the loving arms of the USCIS, but now it's time to fledge. So long, my friends, may all your journeys also end on the doorstep of whatever you're searching for.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So, where do I start. We got married in July 2010, civil and religious ceremony in Algeria. We did everything right, provided all Affidavits, USCIS approved us within 5 months, with no questions ever asked. NVC had us an appointment scheduled at the Embassy within 2 months, and they never questioned anything we ever submitted nor were we ever missing any documents.

We both love each other unconditionally (otherwise who would go through this), I am Algerian by origin and speak the same language(s) as my husband, we were born in the same year.

Please help. I am in teh same situation. My wife is denied her insa at the interview today, at the Guangzhou, China consulate.

You were denied and then received the visa three months later. How did youget a reversal so fast. What did you do?

Filed: Other Country: Vanuatu
Timeline

Please help. I am in teh same situation. My wife is denied her insa at the interview today, at the Guangzhou, China consulate.

You were denied and then received the visa three months later. How did youget a reversal so fast. What did you do?

Just make sure you understand why they denied your wife the spousal visa. This way you will know what exactly you can and should do to prove your case.

First, I kept replaying the interview with my husband that he had to understand the position and reasoning of the CO. This way you know best what to do and how to go about it.

Make sure you communicate with that consulate, ask them specific questions and go to see your wife, you need each others support above all.

As long as you are a honest and truthful, everything will work out. Just don't waste time waiting around, take action immediately.

Blessings

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am very deeply sorry to hear about your husband's interview experience. Unfortunately it is not uncommon behavior and we certainly have a bad reputation all over the world for it.... It is very difficult to prove innocence especially when the officers refuse to examine your evidence, but this happens more often that people think. I keep seeing accusations from VJ users that there must be other problems and "red flags" because they believe its a fair system, but its just not. We can't deny our problems, and I hope we can eventually take care of it, but for now the system is guilty until proven innocent (as stated by the government).

Edited by Kyda

• 1 year later...
Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just to be clear, a fraud investigation is primarily focused on the intentions of the foreigner, not the intentions of the US Citizen petitioner. Some fraud is mutual but most is not. Clearly one of their concerns is that he applied for a student visa while in a relationship with a US Citizen. Many pertinent facts are missing from the initial post, which may or may not shed light on the problem.

They are the same age, but how old? (This pertains to whether they are of "student" age.)

They have at least been acquainted since before the student visa was applied for. For how long and how serious was the relationship? The OP says the engagement wasn't "official" but just what WAS the relationship status when the student visa was applied for? Evasive answers raise suspicion.

How did the couple meet and how did their relationship develop?

Does the foreigner have family in the USA already?

If everything is on the up and up, the visa will probably eventually be approved, but it sounds like they are investigating to rule out first, whether the student visa application was an attempt to circumvent immigration law. If it was, that's a problem. We don't have the facts but the OP does.

Having family in the usa is a red flag too? What if the visa denied was like 2-3 4 yrs ago and u didnt meet ur better half at tht time

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** closing two year old thread. PLease start your own thread with your own questions ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.