El-Andalusi

CR1 Visa Denied at US Embassy

127 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Vanuatu
Timeline

I hired her to back myself up in case there are complications just like the one described. This is the only thing I can say about her..

From all the lawyers I spoke with sofar, Grace Zimmerman was and is the best. I think I will hire her. Thank you for your help, and I told her it was you who referred me, although I don't know your name, I mentioned Russia and she knew immediately who you were. Spassiba :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

I do understand u so well cause i am in the same situation. My interview was on July 2010 and my spouse visa were not approved. This is so stressful for us. But we must be strong and God will help us to overcome this difficulty. Love always win.

My case was sent back to USCIS for review. After my interview about 2 month later we got a letter from USCIS that they got our case back. And it is already 8 month that we ve not heard anything from them. :blink: I wish u good luck and be strong this is going to pass.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello,

dans la liste des avocats, autorisee par l'ambassade, vous trouverez qqn,

qui travaille avec les questions d'immigrations. Les avocats sur place ont

"des entrees" dans l'ambassade. Au moins pour vous aidez a voir plus clair.

Bon courage et gardez confiance en vous

the list of lawyers authorized by the embassy, you find somebody,

who works with immigration issues. The lawyers on-site

"Entries " in the embassy. At least to help you see clearer.

Good luck and keep faith in You

• 4 months later...
Timeline

First let me thank everyone who intended to help on here and not just write down their opinionated junk.

Yes, we did it. I flew to my husband and fought our case. I did it my way, did not believe lawyers (at least not what there solution for our case was) and just did that what made most sense to me. We both wrote them a declaration letter, I went to the embassy, made an appointment, walked in and handed our declaration letter in person. I asked them a few questions and left. They accepted to take it as supporting evidence and confirmed to me that a Senior Consular Officer would read the file I submitted. 40 days later they call us and tell my husband to drop off his passport. Three weeks later we received it via UPS and now we are hope together. Just celebrated our one month in the US together and I can tell you all not to get intimidated by Administration. Administration can get intimidated as well if you do it the right and proper way. Besides, administration law was formed to serve us, right?!

If you need more specific info on how I did it (all on our own), feel free to ask specific questions and I would be happy to share and help where I can.

Praying for all of you who are waiting. It is better to wait than to give up.

Blessings :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

First let me thank everyone who intended to help on here and not just write down their opinionated junk.

Yes, we did it. I flew to my husband and fought our case. I did it my way, did not believe lawyers (at least not what there solution for our case was) and just did that what made most sense to me. We both wrote them a declaration letter, I went to the embassy, made an appointment, walked in and handed our declaration letter in person. I asked them a few questions and left. They accepted to take it as supporting evidence and confirmed to me that a Senior Consular Officer would read the file I submitted. 40 days later they call us and tell my husband to drop off his passport. Three weeks later we received it via UPS and now we are hope together. Just celebrated our one month in the US together and I can tell you all not to get intimidated by Administration. Administration can get intimidated as well if you do it the right and proper way. Besides, administration law was formed to serve us, right?!

If you need more specific info on how I did it (all on our own), feel free to ask specific questions and I would be happy to share and help where I can.

Hey that's good news! Congrats!

My wife's student visa was denied about 5 years ago; but that was before we knew each other. I hope my case won't get into review like what yours went through.

reg.ula.tion.me.ooow.2011 // tomcat.fight

to do list:
file i-130, petition for alien relative
get immigrant visa
get ssn card and green card
get employment authorization - not required
file I-751, petition to remove the conditions of residence (before 2nd year expires upon entry)
become a US citizen

Thank you Visajourney!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Congratulations for being determined, persistent, and successful, si man!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So it wasn't discrimination as you initially claimed? Sounds like you and your spouse presented additional compelling evidence of a bona fide relationship. Congrats on your efforts and positive result.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Well, I would not know if there were any discrimination. But, if you live or travel to one of those countries that are put on the 'Terrorist List' then you can not help but to feel that there is an underlying discriminating factor when a whole country is being looked at as having each and every applicant as a potential threat. How would you call racial-profiling of that sort? Government duty? Unfairness?

I wrote in my declaration letter that the CO who interviewed my husband did use cultural bias to come to the decision she came to. And, I explained why. The CO read my letter.

Thanks for your message.

So it wasn't discrimination as you initially claimed? Sounds like you and your spouse presented additional compelling evidence of a bona fide relationship. Congrats on your efforts and positive result.

Well put, thank you :)

Congratulations for being determined, persistent, and successful, si man!

Thanks a lot for your very kind message. I wish you so much love and happiness too :)

wow!! good on you taking care of this thing so well on your own...i wish you so much love and happiness together!

In that case prepare on how to answer that question. We were not prepared that they would bring up a past denied student visa. But, of course they would. Best of success and may your ways cross very soon.

Hey that's good news! Congrats!

My wife's student visa was denied about 5 years ago; but that was before we knew each other. I hope my case won't get into review like what yours went through.

Timeline

*FYI: I considered hiring a lawyer in San Diego. But after re-verifying with her what she would actually do, I immediately decided to drop that option. She wanted lots of money just to put together a declaration letter for me and needed 10 days. I said to myself, I only know the misunderstanding that occurred, I know very well what our story is, and I did not have that much time nor the money to wait. I had to drop everything and fly to my husband. I wrote it in one day (I write well under pressure), and my husband wrote one too, and 5 days after my arrival in Algiers I walked in to the Embassy and handed it in.

**I added this little detail, to give you the message that in most cases with immigration procedures, one can avoid a lawyer if you do your homework. If you just read a bit (and come on, there is a wealth of resources through the internet) and understand where your case fits in the whole picture. Plus, a can-do attitude, fearlessness, coupled with solid knowledge and preparedness are required :)

Timeline

Well-said, it can become an insane process indeed. Best of wishes to you.

Congratulations! Really glad things came through for you! It's always good to hear stories about the occasional triumph of reason in this insane process.

Just to be clear, a fraud investigation is primarily focused on the intentions of the foreigner, not the intentions of the US Citizen petitioner. Some fraud is mutual but most is not. Clearly one of their concerns is that he applied for a student visa while in a relationship with a US Citizen. Many pertinent facts are missing from the initial post, which may or may not shed light on the problem.

They are the same age, but how old? (This pertains to whether they are of "student" age.)

They have at least been acquainted since before the student visa was applied for. For how long and how serious was the relationship? The OP says the engagement wasn't "official" but just what WAS the relationship status when the student visa was applied for? Evasive answers raise suspicion.

How did the couple meet and how did their relationship develop?

Does the foreigner have family in the USA already?

If everything is on the up and up, the visa will probably eventually be approved, but it sounds like they are investigating to rule out first, whether the student visa application was an attempt to circumvent immigration law. If it was, that's a problem. We don't have the facts but the OP does.

Yes, that is true you are correct. In my case i tried to go in with TOURIST VISA (denied) before the CR1 VISA it was brought up on my interview luckily i was able to explain it well and was able to show that my intentions were really for a Job related seminar for that specific time.

03-08-2011 I130 USCIS filed Approved on 101st day

06-20-2011 NOA2 APPROVED

07-20-2011 NVC

08-12-2011 paid AOS

08-20-2011 paid IV Bill

09-06-2011 NVC recieved DS230

09-09-2011 Cased CLOSED

09-19-2011 Medical exam

10-17-2011 Interview MNL consulate VISA Approved!!!

10-20-2011 VISA on HAnd

10-21-2011 CFO sticker

11-08-2011 MNL departure to US

11-09-2011 Arrived in US

11-21-2011 Recieved green card

12-23-2011 US Drivers license

12-26-2011 Got a new car HEHEHHE

01-09-2012 Got My first Job Interview and i Got the Job YEEPEEE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.