El-Andalusi

CR1 Visa Denied at US Embassy

127 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Just to be clear, a fraud investigation is primarily focused on the intentions of the foreigner, not the intentions of the US Citizen petitioner. Some fraud is mutual but most is not. Clearly one of their concerns is that he applied for a student visa while in a relationship with a US Citizen. Many pertinent facts are missing from the initial post, which may or may not shed light on the problem.

They are the same age, but how old? (This pertains to whether they are of "student" age.)

They have at least been acquainted since before the student visa was applied for. For how long and how serious was the relationship? The OP says the engagement wasn't "official" but just what WAS the relationship status when the student visa was applied for? Evasive answers raise suspicion.

How did the couple meet and how did their relationship develop?

Does the foreigner have family in the USA already?

If everything is on the up and up, the visa will probably eventually be approved, but it sounds like they are investigating to rule out first, whether the student visa application was an attempt to circumvent immigration law. If it was, that's a problem. We don't have the facts but the OP does.

This is great straight talk and encouraging advice that should be appreciated by all of us.

Always speak the truth come whence it may, cost what it will. (Not sure who said that, but I keep this saying close to my heart.)

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Tout d'abord, pas de panique!

Vous devez vous mobilizes et reagire vite. Si votre relation est sinsaire, montrez-le.

En basent sur notre experience avec l'ambassade US en Algerie, je vous conseille de reagir rapidement et de leur envoyer par e-mail tout les preuves que vous pouvez leur donnez pour fournir les preuves de votre relation. Les lettres, les copies des billets de voyage, des visa, des photos, les check de payements, les list des appels, tout, tout, jusqu'a derniere petite preuve. Ecrivez les lettres explicant en details comment se construisais votre relation. Demandez vos parents, amies et les gens, qui sont capables de confirmer votre relation, d'ecrire les lettres de soutients. Qu'ils ecrivent comment ils le sentent, que de vrais temoignages.

L'aide de senateur etais tres precieuse pour nous.

Pensais d'aider aux service consulaire dans leur travail, soyez positive et proposez tout votre participation et ouveture.

Les appels ne pas fonctionnez dans notre cas, ni les demandes de r.v.

Apres trois semaines d'effort nous avons eu notre visa et nous sommes ensemble et tres heureux.

Bonne chanche!

Sadly, I think proving their relationship isn't the issue. As others have pointed out, there appears to be something in the beneficiaries background that has tripped some red flag. The first question would be why was the student visa denied and when was it denied. If it was a very short time period between this and the two of you getting engaged then that is going to raise a big red flag. The CO's don't cite potential fraud frivilously. More information on what happened with the student visa and the timelines involved will help people to give better advise on how to address this. :thumbs:

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This silly consular are wasting people's life,energy and money.my fiancee was also put on AP for no apparent reason. I know how how hard to live without your love one especially when you already thought you will be seeing them after the interview. Don't give up,keep praying to God.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Look, we have all said the same thing in different ways--first come clean with yourself about what the red flags might be, and then tell us so that others with the same experiecne can help. So far you have not answered a single question that is intended to help--not hurt. Suck it up, girl, and then we can get focused on a solution. No details--no help--pretty simple isn't it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

dhau--until they tell us the problem there is no way to know if a waiver is appropriate-- so let's wait until she comes back with some details, and if a waiver is a possibility, we will send her to a different web site that specializes in waivers

Just to be clear, a fraud investigation is primarily focused on the intentions of the foreigner, not the intentions of the US Citizen petitioner. Some fraud is mutual but most is not. Clearly one of their concerns is that he applied for a student visa while in a relationship with a US Citizen. Many pertinent facts are missing from the initial post, which may or may not shed light on the problem.

They are the same age, but how old? (This pertains to whether they are of "student" age.)

They have at least been acquainted since before the student visa was applied for. For how long and how serious was the relationship? The OP says the engagement wasn't "official" but just what WAS the relationship status when the student visa was applied for? Evasive answers raise suspicion.

How did the couple meet and how did their relationship develop?

Does the foreigner have family in the USA already?

If everything is on the up and up, the visa will probably eventually be approved, but it sounds like they are investigating to rule out first, whether the student visa application was an attempt to circumvent immigration law. If it was, that's a problem. We don't have the facts but the OP does.

Totally agree with this post and speculation and conjecture is futile it is best to wait to hear what they want as supporting evidence if anything or whatever they are doing during this time, but as said, If you have been 100% honest with them then there is nothing to worry about, just another part of the waiting game Im affraid

Tout d'abord, pas de panique!

Vous devez vous mobilizes et reagire vite. Si votre relation est sinsaire, montrez-le.

En basent sur notre experience avec l'ambassade US en Algerie, je vous conseille de reagir rapidement et de leur envoyer par e-mail tout les preuves que vous pouvez leur donnez pour fournir les preuves de votre relation. Les lettres, les copies des billets de voyage, des visa, des photos, les check de payements, les list des appels, tout, tout, jusqu'a derniere petite preuve. Ecrivez les lettres explicant en details comment se construisais votre relation. Demandez vos parents, amies et les gens, qui sont capables de confirmer votre relation, d'ecrire les lettres de soutients. Qu'ils ecrivent comment ils le sentent, que de vrais temoignages.

L'aide de senateur etais tres precieuse pour nous.

Pensais d'aider aux service consulaire dans leur travail, soyez positive et proposez tout votre participation et ouveture.

Les appels ne pas fonctionnez dans notre cas, ni les demandes de r.v.

Apres trois semaines d'effort nous avons eu notre visa et nous sommes ensemble et tres heureux.

Bonne chanche!

Write in English please...

Married in Dominican Republic: 4-Sept-2010

I-130 Packet arrives at Chicago Lockbox: 29-Sept-2010

NOA1: 06-Oct-2010

NOA2: 19-Jan-2011

NVC Received file from CSC: 27-Jan-2011

Received DS-3032 and AOS bill: 27-Jan-2011

Paid AOS bill: 28-Jan-2011

Submitted DS-3032 via email (per NVC's authorization): 30-Jan-2011

Called NVC about AOS packet: 3-Feb-2011 (okay to send documents)

Mailed out AOS packet: 5-Feb-2011

AOS packet delivered to NVC: 7-Feb-2011

DS-3032 received by NVC: 8-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowleges AOS payment: 8-Feb-2011 (finally)

Received IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

Paid IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowledges AOS paperwork was received and requests IV application: 25-Feb-2011

Mailed out DS-230 and supporting civil documents: 26-Feb-2011

DS-230 packet delivered to NVC: 28-Feb-2011

Case completed at NVC: 28-Mar-2011

Waited about 2 weeks for an interview date

Received packet 4 and interview appointment letter: 11-Apr-2011

Interview scheduled at Santo Domingo: 4-May-2011

Spouse had Medical Exam: 15-Apr-2011

Visa Approved!!!! 4-May-2011

Husband received visa from DOMEX: 17-May-2011

Husband's POE date June 24, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sounds like maybe he didn't mention your relationship in his student visa but the dates on the spousal one show that he did indeed have a relationship with you while applying for a student visa. How long did he wait after the student visa was denied to apply for a spousal visa? Possibly there is something he's not telling you. Why is he getting all these denials? Maybe they can't approve everyone so because he has a little something that could be called a red flag they are going to use that. That is what I got from your post.

Edited by Nicole-N-Nattoy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I do not think applying for student visa is the cause for denial while having relationship. I think the likely cause is that he failed to disclose that he applied for visa in the form before the interview. Did he indicated that he applied for visa and get denied in the form DS-156? If he did not this will definitely be a problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i see your point and that could be but in the post it states that the consular asked him why he didn't mention that he had a fiancee in the student visa process and then went on to say that this is a bizarre case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This seems strange. Non-immigrant visas do not ask if you have a fiancee in US. It asks if you have relatives in US, which he would answer "no" since fiancee is not relative.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

This seems strange. Non-immigrant visas do not ask if you have a fiancee in US. It asks if you have relatives in US, which he would answer "no" since fiancee is not relative.

The new DS160 doesn't ask but the DS156 used prior to that absolutely does. I don't know which application this person would have used.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I am in a similar situation. My spouse applied for student visa and was denied. She was not engaged or married during the time so she didn't mention me in her student visa application. But we married after a short time and I applied for F2A. Should I expect the same for my spouse during interview?

Is there anything we can do?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This silly consular are wasting people's life,energy and money.my fiancee was also put on AP for no apparent reason. I know how how hard to live without your love one especially when you already thought you will be seeing them after the interview. Don't give up,keep praying to God.

LOL – you can call them silly or rant whatever. CO’s are not stupid they only put ppl on AP when they see something is not adding up.

Especially some Asian countries and African countries which have high fraud rate ppl are going to be put in AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.