Krikit

When You Eat Your Smarties

156 posts in this topic

I can't say that Smarties was my chocolate of choice when I lived in Canada. I liked them, but I was more partial to a Crunchie or Oh Henry, haha. I've recently cut out eating junk food, but I'm sure I'll indulge a bit when I'm in Canada next week!

I'm really excited to stock on Catalina salad dressing and Clover Leaf tuna! I can't stand US tuna. It's so mushy!

Mmmmm Clover Leaf :)

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry for the late reply on this.

I read this post awhile ago, and it stuck in my head. Oh the little things we miss.

Heres one of mine .. Yorkshire Pudding. Love the stuff. My parents were both born in Glasgow, Scotland so Ive been raised with the british foods, and music, yes, I know every beatles song.

Well, just cause I like the stuff, doesnt mean I can make it. I cheat so bad with the little instant packages where you just add an egg and some water.

In Canada, easily found, probably something to do with being a British Commenwealth country. But in the USA .... not so easy. I did find though Kroger has a little british section of food, and lo and behold .. they have Smarties. I forgot Smarties are a Cadbury company - UKFTW

So if you cant find a British Foods Section in your grocery store, try a British store.

~~~ Hes the chance Im taking ~~~

April 2007 - Met online

Oct. 2008 - He came to Canada to meet me

Dec 25 2009 officially engaged

March 2010 - sent off I-129F

March 27 2010 - Vermont receives package :)

April 3 2010 - Informed through mail that cheque is cashed NOA1

May 28 2010 - RFE notification ( yeah Im online checking alot >.< )

June 5 2010 - RFE hardcopy received

June 18 2010 - RFE returned ( had done it June 7 - but USPS returned grrrr )

--- case says we should hear from them in 60 days from June 18 ---

June 23 - Touched

Aug4 - Email notification of NoA2 :)

Aug. 10 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

Sept. 13 - Faxed off Package 3

Sept 14 - Interview notification set for Oct. 5

Oct. 5 2010 Interview Passed

March 17 2011 POE Canadian/US border

April 1 2011 Marriage

Mailed AOS June 1

Chicago Lockbox confirms delivery June 3

Check cashed through bank - notification June 9

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Had my share of Roast Beef and Yorkshire puddings when i was home!! The beauty of all the siblings living far away from parents--when y ago home, you get extra Yorkshire puddings,lol

And thanks to this thread, I stopped at a brand new Bulk Barn, and loaded up on Smarties!! Sitting in my freezer right now, but slowly disappearing!! Must be the humidity that is causing that. Same humidity that causes my waist line to expand!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i have made yorkshire puddings a few times and it is really easy, like Krikit says.. I cheat a little and use cooking spray instead of fat though.. I just put the pans in the oven to warm up and then when the batter is ready i take them out and spray them with cooking spray and pour the batter in...

this is the recipe I use..

http://christmas.food.com/recipe/yorkshire-pudding-58267

and I let the batter stand at room temp for about an hour...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I never was a fan of Smarties. Yet another failed British candy that Canada adopted. Those things would smear all over everything. The colors would come off on your hands and face and anything you touched and it was just disgusting especially in the hot summertime in a car. I'm sure they tasted ok, but I just can only recall the mess those things made.

Wait

"I shop at the Wegmans in Gainesville. Hate Giant. lol. Have you tried the Seafood Bar at that Wegmans? OMG. It's superb. I need a friend to go and eat oysters on the half shell with white wine there. Tell me you love oysters!!!!!"

Damn I love oysters. There used to be a great place next to the Pier in Daytona that we'd drive to and get full shelled oysters for dirt cheap. We'd then sit outside and shuck them ourselves after they were boiled. I soooooo wish they had an ocean in Colorado. I miss my fresh seafood...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Warlord, how about just ONE positive post about something Cdn. Just one,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

I miss Passion Flakies now........

I just ran out of passion flakies. I had a huge box of them and they lasted 54 weeks. Sadness. But to be on-topic, I didn't know smarties even came in red. I've eaten thousands of them and seen pink ones, but never red.

12458070.jpg

Indy.gif

I just ran out of passion flakies. I had a huge box of them and they lasted 54 weeks. Sadness. But to be on-topic, I didn't know smarties even came in red. I've eaten thousands of them and seen pink ones, but never red.

12458070.jpg

THOSE are American Smarties. They are called Rockets in Canada.

These are the Canadian/British Smarties.

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Trust me, THOSE ARE NOT Smarties ... not the ones us British/Canadians now living in the USA are talking about anyways. Those are little sugar pills that have no distinct taste. We are talking about little pieces of chocolate covered in multicolors ... I miss flake bars :( Those suckers were hard to find in Canada too, and they would show up in the strangest places, like Toys R Us or the local gas station every now and then ... I love taking a flake bar ... Hello 99 ... should be interesting to see what picture he would put up for a 99 ... or better yet ... I love chip buddies and im not ashamed to say so. Although I had one the other week, and my husband just stared at me like I lost my mind.

~~~ Hes the chance Im taking ~~~

April 2007 - Met online

Oct. 2008 - He came to Canada to meet me

Dec 25 2009 officially engaged

March 2010 - sent off I-129F

March 27 2010 - Vermont receives package :)

April 3 2010 - Informed through mail that cheque is cashed NOA1

May 28 2010 - RFE notification ( yeah Im online checking alot >.< )

June 5 2010 - RFE hardcopy received

June 18 2010 - RFE returned ( had done it June 7 - but USPS returned grrrr )

--- case says we should hear from them in 60 days from June 18 ---

June 23 - Touched

Aug4 - Email notification of NoA2 :)

Aug. 10 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

Sept. 13 - Faxed off Package 3

Sept 14 - Interview notification set for Oct. 5

Oct. 5 2010 Interview Passed

March 17 2011 POE Canadian/US border

April 1 2011 Marriage

Mailed AOS June 1

Chicago Lockbox confirms delivery June 3

Check cashed through bank - notification June 9

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Trust me, THOSE ARE NOT Smarties ... not the ones us British/Canadians now living in the USA are talking about anyways. Those are little sugar pills that have no distinct taste. We are talking about little pieces of chocolate covered in multicolors ... I miss flake bars :( Those suckers were hard to find in Canada too, and they would show up in the strangest places, like Toys R Us or the local gas station every now and then ... I love taking a flake bar ... Hello 99 ... should be interesting to see what picture he would put up for a 99 ... or better yet ... I love chip buddies and im not ashamed to say so. Although I had one the other week, and my husband just stared at me like I lost my mind.

Never heard of these...what are they?huh.gif

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.