Together4ever

The state of the ME/NA forum

138 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Oh...it is not about handling it...it is about actively going out and trying to stir up trouble. What is the point, honestly?

Hey, sometimes it just comes looking for you; the old trying to beat the round peg into the square hole. I'm admittedly out of sync with some of the folks here, and I'd have to leave to avoid stepping on their overly sensitive toes. I don't plan to leave, so I handle it. That's my point.

I just think back upon my own life when I was younger. I was out to change the world! However, I have learned as I have gotten older that you pick and choose your battles. Sometimes people are not worth agruing with because you know it will go absolutely nowhere. As I always say, you have to think of the source.

There are times however where I feel you should speak up (people being wronged, truth being corrupted, etc). I guess just all the personal bashing that tends to go on here appears to me to serve no purpose other than for the poster to make themself look better.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

The difference between how you see it and how I see it is that I'm not centered on the person who is arguing with me. There are others out there who are getting something positive from an exchange that some see as negative. I've had to delete a bunch of posts from my PM box in the last two days from all the thank yous and requests for information I get behind the scenes that fill up the box. To me, that is worth it, besides, I'm pretty impervious to the negativity. I'm a positive person at heart, I love people, have a good life, and while I don't take any guff, I also don't hold a grudge.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Paula, I agree w/ everything you've said, and yes, I found myself in the midst of some of this crud, slinging poo along w/ the rest - for that I am ashamed and upset w/ myself. While I can't go back and change any of it, I *can* apologize to those I may have offended and move forward from here in a new light w/ a more positive attitude. It's just not fitting of anyone of any *religious* belief to be mean and hateful to another human, no matter what the circumstances are. It is a show of dignity and respect to be the bigger person in these situations and turn the other cheek, walk away, refrain from stooping to these levels of nonsensical actions.

I do hope and pray that this forum - not just this thread- will return to what it is meant to be - a place of support, knowledge, and comraderie for those going thru a painful process to be w/ the ones we love. I, for one, refuse to support the trash that has become this forum.... and I intend to walk away (or back away from the computer) in the instance of these "train wrecks". INCH'ALLAH!

Thank you Noura, after reading all the posts since I posted last week I feel hope that maybe we can get a good honest supporting group back. Of course I know we are human and it will never be perfect, but perfect isn't even close to how this immigration stuff works. But if we can all respect and help each other get through this then this will be a group I will be so glad to be a member of. More importantly I hope someone soon in anyway I can, even if it's limited to the little I know and experienced.

God Bless and keep up the good work.

Paula

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.