ralyse

Montreal August 2011 Interviews!

647 posts in this topic

Coconuts, I came here to ask how it was all going with your medical and stuff...and realized it wasn't until next month. They can't get you in any sooner??? That really sucks :(

Pocheros, that is awesome about the interview! Did your husband get the job???

I got my SSN all fixed up, but I still don't know if they have my middle name as part of my first name (which it shouldn't be!). I guess when I get a job I can explain the situation, and tell them if it doesn't go through as my middle name, to try it as a second first name? I dunno how that all works (One of the few HR duties I never did at my old job...my boss handled that). When my husband filed his extension for taxes, he put it in as my middle name and it accepted it (denied it the first time when he put it as my maiden name, but I think my card was fixed at that point and in the mail). I am glad this all got sorted out before my trip back to Canada next week. I didn't want to worry about anything here, as I have our larger Canadian wedding ceremony to deal with!

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Catching up on previous posts: Coconuts, I'm sorry to hear about your medical. That's a bunch of ####### :/

Sherry: Same as above :/ I hope it comes back okay. Why is that the SSN people never seem to know what they're doing? No idea what you should do if it comes back wrong, except maybe try again (oh wouldn't that be fun...)

As for myself... My husband got rejected for that position. Two interviews so far, one he was underqualified and another he was overqualified. We were really hoping that this would be it. *sigh* But he has another interview coming up in two weeks. I'm glad he's at least getting interviews. We are going to be living with the in laws pretty soon though, and we're not particularly fond of that >_< Oh well, the first year of marriage is rough to make us stronger, right? lol.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, seems like they lost my medical. :( Great. I've found a civil surgeon around here, have to call and see what she charges. Hopefully it's nothing outrageous.

how horrible, such incompetencies, and to pay for it on top of it..sorry :(

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Timeline

Coconuts, I came here to ask how it was all going with your medical and stuff...and realized it wasn't until next month. They can't get you in any sooner??? That really sucks :(

Pocheros, that is awesome about the interview! Did your husband get the job???

I got my SSN all fixed up, but I still don't know if they have my middle name as part of my first name (which it shouldn't be!). I guess when I get a job I can explain the situation, and tell them if it doesn't go through as my middle name, to try it as a second first name? I dunno how that all works (One of the few HR duties I never did at my old job...my boss handled that). When my husband filed his extension for taxes, he put it in as my middle name and it accepted it (denied it the first time when he put it as my maiden name, but I think my card was fixed at that point and in the mail). I am glad this all got sorted out before my trip back to Canada next week. I didn't want to worry about anything here, as I have our larger Canadian wedding ceremony to deal with!

I was just reading your AOS timeline...so wonderful you didn't have an inteview. Still waiting to hear anything on mine, I think I will call USCIS to see where mine is being processed. It says the National VISA Centre. Confused why some VJ'ers rec'd EAD/AP without the AOS. But good news, processed our own Federal and State taxes and cheques arrived for both. Now if USCIS can process the AOS as quickly :whistle:

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Timeline

yay Green Card approved! Card production ordered!

now i just have to figure out when i want to tell them im moving this week lolol though good news is i can still get the mail from the old address...

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Montreal, Canada
I-129F Sent : 2010-11-08 (Texas)
I-129F NOA1 : 2010-11-11 (Sent to Vermont)
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-14 said Toronto, sent to Montreal, well played
NVC Received : 2011-04-19
NVC Left : 2011-04-21
Consulate Received : 2011-04-29
Packet 3 Received : not yet lol
Packet 3 Sent : 2011-05-10
Packet 4 Received :2011-05-20
Interview Date :2011-08-10
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-08-19
POE: 2011-08-25
Marriage: 2011-09-03
AOS: 2011-10-13
NOA: 2011-10-27
Bio. Appt. : 2011-12-12
AOS Transfer to CSC: 2011-12-23
NOA 2 AP/EAD: 2011-12-23
AP/EAD in hand:2012-01-03

GC: 2012-04-02
ROC Sent: 2014-02-10

NOA:2014-02-13

Bio. Appt 2014-03-24

yay Green Card approved! Card production ordered!

now i just have to figure out when i want to tell them im moving this week lolol though good news is i can still get the mail from the old address...

Yay!

Did you have an interview??

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

So I'm in a panic about my medical, guys.

USCIS lost it, and as soon as they sent the RFE, I scheduled an exam for May 15th. Yes, that was the soonest they could get me in. My RFE response is due June 8th.

Now they're telling me that I need the syphillis test and TB test done BEFORE my medical and those results can take three weeks to get. If they don't have the results, then they can't do my medical.

What if I can't get this all done in time? Do they even offer extensions on RFEs?

I'm so upset, this isn't even my fault and I'm scrambling to fix someone else's error.

Timeline

So I'm in a panic about my medical, guys.

USCIS lost it, and as soon as they sent the RFE, I scheduled an exam for May 15th. Yes, that was the soonest they could get me in. My RFE response is due June 8th.

Now they're telling me that I need the syphillis test and TB test done BEFORE my medical and those results can take three weeks to get. If they don't have the results, then they can't do my medical.

What if I can't get this all done in time? Do they even offer extensions on RFEs?

I'm so upset, this isn't even my fault and I'm scrambling to fix someone else's error.

So sorry to hear about this!! sad.gif

This will probably sound crazy... but maybe you should try calling USCIS and asking for a tier 2 supervisor and ask these same questions.... who knows... they may actually have an answer... blink.gif ....stranger things have happened!

I tried looking at the USCIS website and searching under RFE's and of course found no answers...(no surprise there)

Good luck to you!!

Good news: I was able to have the health department in my county squeeze me in and do all of my tests for me, and for a very low cost. I will be able to have the results faxed directly to my civil surgeon and they will get them on time for my medical.

Before this, I called USCIS this morning and dealt with such a lovely, helpful woman. Except she was the opposite. Ugh! I called and explained my situation, and asked her what happens if for some reason, the medical results were not back in time. She said, and I quote "Well that would be your problem and you'd be denied."

She asked me what Visa I entered on, and when I told her K1, she said "Oh, so you DID have a medical already then." I said "Yes, but they lost it. That's not my fault. It's also not my fault that the only civil surgeon in my area didn't have appointments available for a new one." She said "Nobody's saying it's your fault, but prepare to be denied if you don't get this done in time."

I asked about RFE extensions, she said no, under no circumstances.

So I sarcastically thanked her for her compassion and help and wished her a good day.

Ugh. These people.

Timeline

Coconuts, that's just BS. USCIS really doesn't seem to give a ****, even when it's their OWN mistake. Ugh.

Glad you were able to get the other tests done on time, though. If you weren't, then... :o It's scary to even think about.

• 3 weeks later...

Had my medical yesterday, got the I-693 right away, signed and completed. WITH COPIES! Sent off my RFE today, finally back to the waiting game. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for them to receive/process the RFE and I get an approval soon. :)

Yay! Hopefully it is smooth sailing from now on!

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

The civil surgeon here is so, so nice. She felt awful for having to charge me.

It was much more uh .. physical of an exam than the one in Montreal. :lol: Caught me a bit off guard...

Timeline

Yay!

Did you have an interview??

no interview

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Montreal, Canada
I-129F Sent : 2010-11-08 (Texas)
I-129F NOA1 : 2010-11-11 (Sent to Vermont)
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-14 said Toronto, sent to Montreal, well played
NVC Received : 2011-04-19
NVC Left : 2011-04-21
Consulate Received : 2011-04-29
Packet 3 Received : not yet lol
Packet 3 Sent : 2011-05-10
Packet 4 Received :2011-05-20
Interview Date :2011-08-10
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-08-19
POE: 2011-08-25
Marriage: 2011-09-03
AOS: 2011-10-13
NOA: 2011-10-27
Bio. Appt. : 2011-12-12
AOS Transfer to CSC: 2011-12-23
NOA 2 AP/EAD: 2011-12-23
AP/EAD in hand:2012-01-03

GC: 2012-04-02
ROC Sent: 2014-02-10

NOA:2014-02-13

Bio. Appt 2014-03-24

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.