2,059 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Go VSC!!! :dance: bout time.... ;) I strongly believe that all may filers, each one us WILL GET APPROVED before the end of August. God always make a way, and everything is possible with Him. :)

That would be awesome!!! :)

Naturalization Journey

02-08-2016: N-400 sent

03-08-2016: Biometrics appointment

03-11-2016: Notification "in-line for interview"

04-04-2016: Received interview letter (for May 11)

05-11-2016: Interview (passed!)

06-27-2016: Oath ceremony-->I'm a US citizen!

ROC Journey

06-16-2014: I-751 application package sent to VSC

06-20-2014: Date of NOA1

07-18-2014: Biometrics appointment

11-18-2014: Case transferred to CSC

02-24-2015: ROC approved!!

AOS Journey
02-06-2012: I-485 (plus I-765 and I-131) sent
02-14-2012: Requested an expedite of my EAD due to job offer
02-29-2012: Contacted congressman to help with EAD expedite request
03-02-2012: EAD + AP approved! (Day 25)
09-27-2012: Green card received! (no interview!)

K-1 Visa Journey
05-18-2011: NOA1
11-21-2011: NOA2 *only* 187 days from NOA1!
01-05-2012: Interview at consulate in Vancouver, Canada - visa approved!!!!
01-18-2012: Wedding!!! Yay! We are married!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Go VSC!!! :dance: bout time.... ;) I strongly believe that all may filers, each one us WILL GET APPROVED before the end of August. God always make a way, and everything is possible with Him. :)

I am praying that will happen....XOXOX

"No weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Congrats!

Jan 21 2011 sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox - they lost it
Mar 22 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox second time
May 2 2011 - NOA1 at CSC
July 15 2011 - NOA2!!!
July 21 2011 - Hardcopy of NOA2 received in mail
Aug 9 2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal
Sep 7 2011 - Packet 4 sent from embassy
Oct 27 2011 - Interview
Nov 12 2011 - Intended POE VISA delayed due to typo on son's name at the consulate
Nov 22 2011 - Picked up Visa
Nov 26 2011 - New intended POE date
Dec 10 2011 - Wedding

Jan 12 2012 - Sent AOS package
Feb 1 2012 - They send rejection notice, they lost a signature page
Feb 4 2012 - Resent package
Feb 14 2012 - NOA2
Feb 22 2012 - NOA3
March 21 2012 - Biometrics
March 30 2012 - NOA4
May 16 2012 - Interview date

April 2014 - application for I751 Removal of Conditions
May 7 2014 - NOA for notice of receipt and extension letter received
May 8 2014- Verification of inclusion of a dependent letter received
Not dated but in May - letter requesting interview received
July 10 2014 - ASC appointment notice for biometrics received

July 24 2014 Biometrics appointment

Jan 22 2015 - USCIS call

March 18 2015 - USCIS call

April 2 2015 - USCIS call

May 14 2015 - Infopass appt

July 21 2015 - infopass appt

Sept 18 2015 - infopass appt
Feb 25 2016 - USCIS call
Feb 25 2016 - Ombudsman request form sent

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

YAY~!

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Timeline

Yay it is happening!!!! Way to go 'hisandhers'!!! Best wishes to you both! :dancing::thumbs::dance:

Naturalization Journey

ROC Journey

AOS Journey

K-1 Visa Journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I was just being curious about calling the NVC hotline. I even asked Dee last night to have me on the other line whenever he calls the nvc. He promised we'll do that tomorrow. But me being so nosey, I tried to call NVC this morning and pressed random buttons on my phone keypad, and #######!! I GOT TRANSFERED STRAIGHT TO A LIVE AGENT!!!

Agent: this is (forgot the agent's name) may I have your blah blah #?

Me: err...

Agent: repeats the question*

Me: hi there!! My name is Britt, I'm calling about our case status?

Agent: okay, may I have your "INS/CNS" # (whatever u call that #)

Me: is that the WAC number?

Agent: yes may I have your WAC #?

Me: oh sure sure! Hold on a sec pls

(Gone to get my journal cause I don't know our receipt # by heart lol)

Me: ok i have here WAC##########

Agent: thanks, may I have the beneficiary's name and DOB?

me: (gave my info)

Agent: and the petitioner's name and DOB?

Me: (gave Dee's info)

Agent: thank you, how may I help you?

Me: uhhh... Okay... Well I was reading information from VISA JOURNEY (am in trouble for mentioning the site's name?) And it says there that after we received our NOA2 we should call the NVC and get our case # is that right? 

Agent: uh-huh? (I think I got her lost)

Me: so I wonder if u can check on your system of we already have that particular #?

Agent: yes, ARE YOU READY? 

Me: uhh sorry? (dumbfounded)

Agent: Yes i have your MNL case # Ma'am. Are you ready?

Me: oh..! Oh im so sorry! Wait a sec let me get a pen! ...okay I'm ready! (I really didn't get a pen, I just typed the MNL20117290## she gave me on my iPod note. Lol)

I called Dee right after I gt off the phone w/the nvc agent told him what my nosey behind did. He was laughing so hard at me. Don't know how was I able to tell him the whole story with all that stut-stuttering because I was still shaking and nervous! Too nervous that I forgot to ask if our packet 3 (?) has been sent to Manila already or whatever! I still have a lot of questions but my baby promised me he will call the nvc tomorrow and verify, of course WITH MY NOSEY BEHIND via 3 way. Lol

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It is for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It is for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."

-Anonymous

Timeline

I wonder how long will it take them to send whatever that thing is they need to send to Manila consulate? We're really not in a hurry, Dee still has to send me his docs on Monday plus the whole amount i need for me and my kids medical and interview fees... Truth is, I'm very thankful and happy with our fast approvals but I also feel kinda pressured... :(

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It is for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It is for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."

-Anonymous

Timeline

So I was just being curious about calling the NVC hotline. I even asked Dee last night to have me on the other line whenever he calls the nvc. He promised we'll do that tomorrow. But me being so nosey, I tried to call NVC this morning and pressed random buttons on my phone keypad, and #######!! I GOT TRANSFERED STRAIGHT TO A LIVE AGENT!!!

Me: uhhh... Okay... Well I was reading information from VISA JOURNEY (am in trouble for mentioning the site's name?) And it says there that after we received our NOA2 we should call the NVC and get our case # is that right?

Me: so I wonder if u can check on your system of we already have that particular #?

Me: oh..! Oh im so sorry! Wait a sec let me get a pen! ...okay I'm ready! (I really didn't get a pen, I just typed the MNL20117290## she gave me on my iPod note. Lol)

I called Dee right after I gt off the phone w/the nvc agent told him what my nosey behind did. He was laughing so hard at me. Don't know how was I able to tell him the whole story with all that stut-stuttering because I was still shaking and nervous! Too nervous that I forgot to ask if our packet 3 (?) has been sent to Manila already or whatever! I still have a lot of questions but my baby promised me he will call the nvc tomorrow and verify, of course WITH MY NOSEY BEHIND via 3 way. Lol

LOL! That's great you have your case number now... yay!!! :)

Naturalization Journey

ROC Journey

AOS Journey

K-1 Visa Journey

OMG that was so funny! Great on getting your case number though! They're getting a little faster sending it out too, you need to start calling around 15 days out if you haven't gotten it by then, but with VSC, it's really quick, so then I'd call after a week!

Jan 21 2011 sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox - they lost it
Mar 22 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox second time
May 2 2011 - NOA1 at CSC
July 15 2011 - NOA2!!!
July 21 2011 - Hardcopy of NOA2 received in mail
Aug 9 2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal
Sep 7 2011 - Packet 4 sent from embassy
Oct 27 2011 - Interview
Nov 12 2011 - Intended POE VISA delayed due to typo on son's name at the consulate
Nov 22 2011 - Picked up Visa
Nov 26 2011 - New intended POE date
Dec 10 2011 - Wedding

Jan 12 2012 - Sent AOS package
Feb 1 2012 - They send rejection notice, they lost a signature page
Feb 4 2012 - Resent package
Feb 14 2012 - NOA2
Feb 22 2012 - NOA3
March 21 2012 - Biometrics
March 30 2012 - NOA4
May 16 2012 - Interview date

April 2014 - application for I751 Removal of Conditions
May 7 2014 - NOA for notice of receipt and extension letter received
May 8 2014- Verification of inclusion of a dependent letter received
Not dated but in May - letter requesting interview received
July 10 2014 - ASC appointment notice for biometrics received

July 24 2014 Biometrics appointment

Jan 22 2015 - USCIS call

March 18 2015 - USCIS call

April 2 2015 - USCIS call

May 14 2015 - Infopass appt

July 21 2015 - infopass appt

Sept 18 2015 - infopass appt
Feb 25 2016 - USCIS call
Feb 25 2016 - Ombudsman request form sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Well things seem to be slow at VSC today, but i won't complain because they been doing really good so far. Guess they need some rest too. Well anyways hope they continue the approvals. Good luck everyone. We are almost there.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just want to proclaim something so I will have accountability to you all here. Make sure I live up to my promise, ok?

No matter what happens along the way, how many fights we might have, Ice and I will try to understand eachother because we understand the responsibility of marriage.

No matter how long it takes to be approved by the VSC, we will be able to wait. If it doesn't happen today, it will happen tomorrow, and if not tomorrow, maybe the next.

We will wait however long it takes, completely trusting in eachother and ourselves that we can handle it because we love eachother.

From this point on, we will not worry about when is our time; our time will come when it is supposed to come.

If not here in the US, we can live in his country.

I have confidence that everything will work out. God is good.

:thumbs: I'm sure all of you who are still waiting can agree.

It is true that there are millions of cases being processed and many background checks being done, so it takes a long time, but maybe in a way this is also a good thing because you can realize if you are really ready to step it up and realize the responsibilities that marriage brings. I know it has for me and Ice. We are very young, so we are trying to help eachother (mostly him helping me) understand the real meaning and weight of the concept of marriage. It's much more complex than I ever could have imagined as a girl.

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Timeline

LOL! That's great you have your case number now... yay!!! :)

OMG that was so funny! Great on getting your case number though! They're getting a little faster sending it out too, you need to start calling around 15 days out if you haven't gotten it by then, but with VSC, it's really quick, so then I'd call after a week!

Hahaha!! well Dee called last nite, and did all the queries and I was just listening to them the whole time. I had fun! Lol after his convo with the agent, he asked me if my nosey butt is happy now, I was like "yeah baby!! That's really awesome!! Have me on the phone again when you call them back next week!" lol  Anyway, it's confirmed our petition has finally arrived in NVC yesterday. And I'm thankful they haven't send it to manila consulate, because i still have 50-11 things to do and I need to get all them stuffs done before October, otherwise I won't be able to leave the country and be with my baby... :(

I'm so glad that VSC are now working on may filers petitions! :) I pray that this will keep going and everybody will get approved soon and have a smooth medical and interview, including the ones that are still waiting. It sucks to be in this situation. Long distance love is not cute.. But we are bunch of survivors here, aren't we?? We will NEVER back down!!! :) Things will happen because WE WILL make it happen. :)

-Anonymous

Timeline

I just want to proclaim something so I will have accountability to you all here. Make sure I live up to my promise, ok?No matter what happens along the way, how many fights we might have, Ice and I will try to understand eachother because we understand the responsibility of marriage.No matter how long it takes to be approved by the VSC, we will be able to wait. If it doesn't happen today, it will happen tomorrow, and if not tomorrow, maybe the next. We will wait however long it takes, completely trusting in eachother and ourselves that we can handle it because we love eachother.From this point on, we will not worry about when is our time; our time will come when it is supposed to come.If not here in the US, we can live in his country.I have confidence that everything will work out. God is good. :thumbs: I'm sure all of you who are still waiting can agree.It is true that there are millions of cases being processed and many background checks being done, so it takes a long time, but maybe in a way this is also a good thing because you can realize if you are really ready to step it up and realize the responsibilities that marriage brings. I know it has for me and Ice. We are very young, so we are trying to help eachother (mostly him helping me) understand the real meaning and weight of the concept of marriage. It's much more complex than I ever could have imagined as a girl.

Thats what im talking about Lil sis! Well said. . :) see this is why I should stop calling you lil sis lol cause you think so grown! Talking about marriage and relationship, your attitude is waaaay different from other young girls. When I was your age, I was still going loca over usher and doing my cheerlead stunts! My babies were so entertained I tell you!!! ^_^

-Anonymous

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.