2,059 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There is more than one officer working on the Visas, and some may be faster than others at getting through their piles, some may have more visas that need AP or RFE, and some may be lucky to get through really quick, they also do not complete them in the order they come in. Some visas need to be sent to another desk, so if you see a touch but no NOA2 it's gone to someone else's desk, maybe for RFE, maybe not, but to say that means they have processed till May 18 seems an illogical leap. A to the accuracy of the stats, they are only a snapshot of what people actually put in their timelines, if someone doensn't update their timeline, and there are a lot that don't, then they will skew the results. VJ is only a very small percentage (3%?) of people filing for K1, a lot of people file without even hearing about this site. As to if you will be processed close to the date that was suggested for you.... The March filers seemed to be within a day or two, most before they were told it would be by the stats, myself included.

Wanted to let you all know that my case went to NVC on Jul8, and out to the embassy on Jul9, so now I'm stalking DHL to see if or when it arrives at the embassy. Packet 3 going out as soon as they get it!

That's awesome!!! Yay!!! :)

Naturalization Journey

02-08-2016: N-400 sent

03-08-2016: Biometrics appointment

03-11-2016: Notification "in-line for interview"

04-04-2016: Received interview letter (for May 11)

05-11-2016: Interview (passed!)

06-27-2016: Oath ceremony-->I'm a US citizen!

ROC Journey

06-16-2014: I-751 application package sent to VSC

06-20-2014: Date of NOA1

07-18-2014: Biometrics appointment

11-18-2014: Case transferred to CSC

02-24-2015: ROC approved!!

AOS Journey
02-06-2012: I-485 (plus I-765 and I-131) sent
02-14-2012: Requested an expedite of my EAD due to job offer
02-29-2012: Contacted congressman to help with EAD expedite request
03-02-2012: EAD + AP approved! (Day 25)
09-27-2012: Green card received! (no interview!)

K-1 Visa Journey
05-18-2011: NOA1
11-21-2011: NOA2 *only* 187 days from NOA1!
01-05-2012: Interview at consulate in Vancouver, Canada - visa approved!!!!
01-18-2012: Wedding!!! Yay! We are married!!!

Timeline

We're getting excited, as of yesterday Vermont starts approving May petitions.... Good luck and God bless.

Yay!!! That is such good news, I'm starting to feel hopeful. :) Good luck to us all!

Naturalization Journey

ROC Journey

AOS Journey

K-1 Visa Journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Test.. Test.. Test...

Yay!! I can use my phone!!!! :dance:

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It is for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It is for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."

-Anonymous

Timeline

Hey fam!!! How's yall's weekend??? Mine was okay, been helping ny girls with reviewing and art projects. They'll have another sets if exams in 2 days. ;) And my baby has been calling the nvc but were told "case not found" I assume that it means our petition hasn't arrived n nvc yet huh?

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It is for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It is for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."

-Anonymous

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Me too :( Miss my sweetie. So many killings around my baby today when I woke up. I feel sick to my stomach about it. Syria and Iraq...the world is nuts! I want him HERE NOW! My trip it toward the end of September, but still...I'm nervous about that too. I will be going regardless. I miss him SO MUCH! I'm praying for peace there....and for my honey and his family to stay safe. Turkey to stay a peaceful country!

Yes...cmon VSC dammit!

Sabrina.... I'll be praying for Tolga and his country too. I know what you mean. The world is crazy. Everytime I hear something about the Red shirts in Thailand, I get nervous because Chiang Mai is red shirt target.

Trying to understand the data I am seeing here on VJ.

The trends for CSC show now processing June 4th.

The Igor list of CSC shows less than 60% of the May filers are approved.

That puts them around completion of processing as May 18th filers.

Does that mean it takes an average of 17 days from start to finish for an approval? Or does it mean that the stats are incorrect?

That's too mathematical for my brain :lol:

LOL! I'm more than ready for this wait to be over !!! :bonk:

ME TOO!! This waiting is making us insane. Literally. Happy one day, angry the next. It sucks

There is more than one officer working on the Visas, and some may be faster than others at getting through their piles, some may have more visas that need AP or RFE, and some may be lucky to get through really quick, they also do not complete them in the order they come in. Some visas need to be sent to another desk, so if you see a touch but no NOA2 it's gone to someone else's desk, maybe for RFE, maybe not, but to say that means they have processed till May 18 seems an illogical leap. A to the accuracy of the stats, they are only a snapshot of what people actually put in their timelines, if someone doensn't update their timeline, and there are a lot that don't, then they will skew the results. VJ is only a very small percentage (3%?) of people filing for K1, a lot of people file without even hearing about this site. As to if you will be processed close to the date that was suggested for you.... The March filers seemed to be within a day or two, most before they were told it would be by the stats, myself included.

Wanted to let you all know that my case went to NVC on Jul8, and out to the embassy on Jul9, so now I'm stalking DHL to see if or when it arrives at the embassy. Packet 3 going out as soon as they get it!

It's good to hear from the March filers that the timeline is pretty correct. I just hope we get lucky and it's early :D

We're getting excited, as of yesterday Vermont starts approving May petitions.... Good luck and God bless.

May the force be with us. :alien: I hope we all get approved in August. :lol: wishful thinking....

Hey fam!!! How's yall's weekend??? Mine was okay, been helping ny girls with reviewing and art projects. They'll have another sets if exams in 2 days. ;) And my baby has been calling the nvc but were told "case not found" I assume that it means our petition hasn't arrived n nvc yet huh?

Glad you're doing ok, Ate Britt. Sounds like you're busy~ that's good!

As for me and Ice, we're hanging in there. Ice is studying hard, and I have been working hard, studying how to run hotels (I'm a sales manager, still learning). In my free time I've been filing out all of the DS forms even tho I know we can get them later. And I organized a copy of the petition in a binder with the DS forms, the I-134 stuff, all of the stuff he will need for the interview, and left spots for copies of the medical papers, police certificate and translated documents. I know it's early, but I'm organizing now because my classes for my last year in college start in five days, so when I have full time school and work, I won't have much time for this stuff. It's the calm before the storm....I'm about to do the impossible: full time school (five classes), full time work (40 hours), part time home business (5 hours a week?), plan a wedding AND find an apartment. :lol: Wish me luck!!!! :thumbs: And goodluck for us VSC! ;)

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

I'm sooo excited!! Good luck to May filers. I hate that VSC is so slow, but we will get there soon.

I filed in June.

Timeline

hey guys

recieved a RFE too today..:((... well atleast we know they working on our case.. :dance: , God is good ... this waiting is soooo making me crazy lol! hahaha

esther

May 11,2011------- 129f sent

May 13, 2011-------- recieved Texas lockbox/forwarded to CSC

May 17,2011---------NOA1 text and email

September 07,2011----RFE

September 15,2011 ----NOA2

Timeline

Another VSC May filer was approved today (wish it was me, hehe! but it's not :whistle:)... yay! Keep going VSC!!! :)

Just an email that an RFE is coming. Hope it getts here before the weekind so I can get a reply back to them quicker.

At least they started processing your petition, that's great! Hope it's for something small... good luck!!!

hey guys

recieved a RFE too today..:((... well atleast we know they working on our case.. :dance: , God is good ... this waiting is soooo making me crazy lol! hahaha

esther

Yep, at least they've started working on it. That's definitely a good thing! The waiting is totally making me crazy too :).

Naturalization Journey

ROC Journey

AOS Journey

K-1 Visa Journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hey guys I have a question. I'm sure its been asked before and I apologize before asking. Is it normal to get an approval or rfe without seeing any "touch" on USCIS website. I'm asking because my noa1 date is may 9. After seeing that VSC working on some May files I checked my status and it has not been touched since May 12. I hired a lawyer. This was of course before I found VJ. He did not ask me to submit any proof of meeting in 2 years. After reading many post about getting rfe because of no evidence, I believe I will also get RFE. Just wondering if there is a time limit on when they send RFE after NOA1. Thank u so much in advance for any information I get.

Timeline

Hey guys I have a question. I'm sure its been asked before and I apologize before asking. Is it normal to get an approval or rfe without seeing any "touch" on USCIS website. I'm asking because my noa1 date is may 9. After seeing that VSC working on some May files I checked my status and it has not been touched since May 12. I hired a lawyer. This was of course before I found VJ. He did not ask me to submit any proof of meeting in 2 years. After reading many post about getting rfe because of no evidence, I believe I will also get RFE. Just wondering if there is a time limit on when they send RFE after NOA1. Thank u so much in advance for any information I get.

From posts that I've read, some people have gotten an RFE 5 or 6 months after receiving the NOA1... I think it's just whenever USCIS begins adjudicating your application and they see something is missing (or whatever the case may be). That's when they issue an RFE. Have you started gathering evidence of meeting in the last 2 years?

Edited by Team Katman

Naturalization Journey

ROC Journey

AOS Journey

K-1 Visa Journey

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

He did not ask me to submit any proof of meeting in 2 years. After reading many post about getting rfe because of no evidence, I believe I will also get RFE.

If the proof of visit turns out to be the reason for your RFE, I would be all over that attorney. It is one thing to have a bad judgment call on the quality of proof. Like employment proof, (pay stub, W2 or employment letter).

But to completely miss the 2 year meeting requirement. That is just incompetent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.