2,059 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

You'll get there soon, Kat and me&him and the others waiting. We're all checking in hoping every day to be celebrating with you!

Thank u soo much. It feels really nice to know that we have soo many of the vj family support. Thank u guys.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You didnt need to do DNA testing?

Amy didn't mention them asking for one. The only thing they are asking for is my passport, which was sent on Friday. She'll have that Tuesday afternoon and show them Wednesday morning.

Current Status: Married on March 3, 2012. Preparing for AOS.

01-07-11 Met in person for the first time

04-04-11 I-129F sent via USPS Priority Mail

04-06-11 Delivered to Dallas Lockbox - signed for by J. Arthur

04-08-11 NOA1 sent to me, Check cashed, Case transferred to the California Service Center

04-11-11 Touched, Received e-notification via text message of NOA1 (at 12:30 am?!?!?)

04-15-11 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail. Notice date 4/8/11.

06-24-11 Touched, Email and text - NOA2 approved in 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days (77 days total)!!!

07-01-11 NOA2 hardcopy received

07-27-11 NVC receive - FINALLY!

07-29-11 NVC depart to Manila

10-13-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 1)

10-17-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 2)

10-18-11 Embassy interview - APPROVED!!

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Amy didn't mention them asking for one. The only thing they are asking for is my passport, which was sent on Friday. She'll have that Tuesday afternoon and show them Wednesday morning.

Okay I'll cross my fingers and hope for some good news about the DNA Testing that they will say NO need for it =)

3/20/2011: Preparing Documents for I-129f Forms

4/15/2011: Received Signed Cover Letter & G325A Form

From the Misses

5/11/2011: I-129f forms mailed to USCIS lockbox (^_^)b

5/13/2011: Documents delivered to USCIS lockbox via USPS (^_^)

5/17/2011: NOA1 supposed email/text but forgot to include G 1145 Form =(

5/18/2011: Check Cashed by USCIS (YAY!!!)

5/18/2011: USCIS mails NOA1

5/23/2011: Received HARD COPY OF NOA1 d(^_^)b

********The Long wait begins*********

9/11/2011: 120 Day marker

9/13/2011 @ 11:30am GMT+3: Our Son is born. (^_^)

10/18/2011: 157 days later Receive Confirmation Email that we received NOA2 (^_^)b

10/27/2011: NVC Sent Case to US embassy in Moscow.

11/02/2011: NVC Received case in US Embassy in Moscow.

11/5/2011: Received NOA2 Hard Copy from VSC

11/11/2011: Our son receives his first Passport (Russian)

12/28/2011: CRBA Interview in Moscow @ 2pm (***APPROVED***)

12/29/2011: K-1 Interview in Moscow @ 8am (***APPROVED***)

1/13/2011: Sasha receives his CRBA Certificate and US Passport and is now a Dual Citizen (WAY TO GO SON!!!)

1/23/2011: Visa is Officially in Hand. Let the preparations begin.

3/30/2012: POE John F. Kennedy Airport New York (I CANT WAIT!!!!)

6/1/2012: Proposed and She said yes!!!

6/7/2012: Finally Married in Annapolis - Mr & Mrs. Temidayo (^_^)b

**********AOS PREPARATIONS***************************

ticker.png

ticker.png

Timeline

Its been 6 days since I put in service request at vsc. I seen some posts from other members that put in service request at the same time have at least heard something.i know katman got an email about the status and I kmow another that got the approval. Not sure wats wrong with my case. Im so fed up now. I did though also contacted my congresman. Just mailed their office the paperwork they requested so hopefully they can inquir on my behalf next week. I sure hope I get approve next week so he can be here by january. so much for me wanting him here before the new year.

Its been 6 days since I put in service request at vsc. I seen some posts from other members that put in service request at the same time have at least heard something.i know katman got an email about the status and I kmow another that got the approval. Not sure wats wrong with my case. Im so fed up now. I did though also contacted my congresman. Just mailed their office the paperwork they requested so hopefully they can inquir on my behalf next week. I sure hope I get approve next week so he can be here by january. so much for me wanting him here before the new year.

hi me&him, i haven't heard anything about my case either..hopefully we will hear from them next week. But yeah, quick question, when you mentioned contacted ur congressman, what do I need to do to talk to them? i saw other posts saying they contacted their congressmen as well as yours, so I'm just little lost. Thanks for ur help.

Timeline

Okay I'll cross my fingers and hope for some good news about the DNA Testing that they will say NO need for it =)

I should note that we had a lot of pre-natal care documentation, including ultrasound pics. Plus, we had copies of her medical records during her pregnancy.

04-08-11 NOA1 sent to me, Check cashed, Case transferred to the California Service Center

04-11-11 Touched, Received e-notification via text message of NOA1 (at 12:30 am?!?!?)

06-24-11 Touched, Email and text - NOA2 approved in 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days (77 days total)!!!

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I should note that we had a lot of pre-natal care documentation, including ultrasound pics. Plus, we had copies of her medical records during her pregnancy.

Cool, I'll keep that in mind. Btw everybody I just wanted to let all of you know that K-1 Interview and CRBA Interview has been set. Check timeline for detail.

3/20/2011: Preparing Documents for I-129f Forms

4/15/2011: Received Signed Cover Letter & G325A Form

From the Misses

5/11/2011: I-129f forms mailed to USCIS lockbox (^_^)b

5/13/2011: Documents delivered to USCIS lockbox via USPS (^_^)

5/17/2011: NOA1 supposed email/text but forgot to include G 1145 Form =(

5/18/2011: Check Cashed by USCIS (YAY!!!)

5/18/2011: USCIS mails NOA1

5/23/2011: Received HARD COPY OF NOA1 d(^_^)b

********The Long wait begins*********

9/11/2011: 120 Day marker

9/13/2011 @ 11:30am GMT+3: Our Son is born. (^_^)

10/18/2011: 157 days later Receive Confirmation Email that we received NOA2 (^_^)b

10/27/2011: NVC Sent Case to US embassy in Moscow.

11/02/2011: NVC Received case in US Embassy in Moscow.

11/5/2011: Received NOA2 Hard Copy from VSC

11/11/2011: Our son receives his first Passport (Russian)

12/28/2011: CRBA Interview in Moscow @ 2pm (***APPROVED***)

12/29/2011: K-1 Interview in Moscow @ 8am (***APPROVED***)

1/13/2011: Sasha receives his CRBA Certificate and US Passport and is now a Dual Citizen (WAY TO GO SON!!!)

1/23/2011: Visa is Officially in Hand. Let the preparations begin.

3/30/2012: POE John F. Kennedy Airport New York (I CANT WAIT!!!!)

6/1/2012: Proposed and She said yes!!!

6/7/2012: Finally Married in Annapolis - Mr & Mrs. Temidayo (^_^)b

**********AOS PREPARATIONS***************************

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ice and my parents are clashing already. Ideas of how to mediate between husband and my parents? They always said that inlaws were the bad part of marriage, but I guess I never realized it....:lol: and we're not married yet!!

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Timeline

hi me&him, i haven't heard anything about my case either..hopefully we will hear from them next week. But yeah, quick question, when you mentioned contacted ur congressman, what do I need to do to talk to them? i saw other posts saying they contacted their congressmen as well as yours, so I'm just little lost. Thanks for ur help.

Just call ur congressman office and tell them ur case. They will collect some information and send u a privacy release form. U sign that and return it back to their office. They will then contact USCIS on ur behalf to get an update on ur case. The good thing about this is that USCIS had to response to any congress inquiry in 24 to 48 hours with an update. It does not speed up the process but just give u some answers regarding the case. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ice and my parents are clashing already. Ideas of how to mediate between husband and my parents? They always said that inlaws were the bad part of marriage, but I guess I never realized it....:lol: and we're not married yet!!

Husband and wife come first. When in-laws start meddling nothing good can come of it. It is ok to them ask for advice once in awhile but if you decide to not take their advice they need to accept it. I suggest asking someone else for advice before an inlaw. Now if you or your spouse are doing something illegal or immoral to your beliefs then I believe it is ok for them to call you out on it. But after that they need to mind their own business. Unless of course it directly affects them if you are treating them poorly. In-laws should be given respect and respect should be given to your marriage. Many times family treat relatives worse than their worse enemy. If you are already having problems with in-laws the sooner you set the rules (which is yours to make) the better it will be. The longer you wait the worse it will be. Remember once you say "I do" you belong to him and he belongs to you.

I hope this helps. I am sure some people would disagree but this is what I believe.

Timeline

And do not live to close to parents either. Put some miles in between!! Do not live in the same house! If you do you have to follow their rules. I would not recommend this. I lived about 5 miles from my ex-inlaws and that was toooooooo close. But that is another story.......

Timeline

Cool, I'll keep that in mind. Btw everybody I just wanted to let all of you know that K-1 Interview and CRBA Interview has been set. Check timeline for detail.

It's good that you have the CRBA done before your interview. The interviewing officer may ask about that, though it won't affect the outcome. I was wondering if you saw this on the US Embassy - Moscow's site:

"If one parent is a Russian national, you may add your child to that parent's Russian individual travel passport or apply for an individual Russian passport for the baby to use to depart Russia. You may also choose to travel out using your child's American passport, however, this requires that the Russian parent officially renounces the baby's Russian citizenship. All the three procedures, i.e. issuance of a Russian exit visa, issuance of a Russian travel passport, and renunciation of Russian citizenship are handled by the Federal Migration Service and may take several weeks to complete."

I thought it interesting that Manila has a checklist to follow and Moscow doesn't. In fact, the checklist for Manila needs to be signed and dated and is part of the documentation packet. Also, ensure the birth certificate is the government issued copy. They are very strict about this requirement.

Edited by Ray-J

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

Timeline

It's good that you have the CRBA done before your interview. The interviewing officer may ask about that, though it won't affect the outcome. I was wondering if you saw this on the US Embassy - Moscow's site:

"If one parent is a Russian national, you may add your child to that parent's Russian individual travel passport or apply for an individual Russian passport for the baby to use to depart Russia. You may also choose to travel out using your child's American passport, however, this requires that the Russian parent officially renounces the baby's Russian citizenship. All the three procedures, i.e. issuance of a Russian exit visa, issuance of a Russian travel passport, and renunciation of Russian citizenship are handled by the Federal Migration Service and may take several weeks to complete."

I thought it interesting that Manila has a checklist to follow and Moscow doesn't. In fact, the checklist for Manila needs to be signed and dated and is part of the documentation packet. Also, ensure the birth certificate is the government issued copy. They are very strict about this requirement.

Whats going on Ray_J, I assume you got things well taken care of and you Back in the States. Hopefully your Holidays is really going to be good although you had to leave your family behind when you left.I know how you felt! But at least you will have them for the Holidays, Good Luck to you Guys my friend! I cant wait to see all you guys in person and talk about all we went through.:whistle: but its all for the Good! Good Luck and " HAPPY THANKSGIVING"!!!:thumbs::thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Just call ur congressman office and tell them ur case. They will collect some information and send u a privacy release form. U sign that and return it back to their office. They will then contact USCIS on ur behalf to get an update on ur case. The good thing about this is that USCIS had to response to any congress inquiry in 24 to 48 hours with an update. It does not speed up the process but just give u some answers regarding the case. Good luck.

You Exactly right, "Me and Him"!!!!! " HAPPY THANKSGIVING "TO ALL MAY 2011 FILERS!! TO ALL THATS STILL WAITING HANG ON!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by southcalhog

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Whats going on Ray_J, I assume you got things well taken care of and you Back in the States. Hopefully your Holidays is really going to be good although you had to leave your family behind when you left.I know how you felt! But at least you will have them for the Holidays, Good Luck to you Guys my friend! I cant wait to see all you guys in person and talk about all we went through.:whistle: but its all for the Good! Good Luck and " HAPPY THANKSGIVING"!!!:thumbs::thumbs:

Sorry, Tom. I thought I had posted what's going on in our case. I guess not. Amy and Serena went for their CRBA interview on the 17th. All went well, except they didn't like or accept the notarized copy (I only had the first page notarized (all pages needed to be notarized)) I had scanned and emailed to Amy. I ended up having to send her my passport via DHL. She'll get that on Tuesday afternoon and then revisit the embassy (no appointment necessary) on Wednesday. So far, so good. I'm starting to save for their airfare. Due to finances, we had to push the wedding date back to early March. But, yes. I'm back home and back to work.

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.