2,059 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Guys, visa in Hand!!!!!!!thx everyone for the support so far! i feel very lucky that from filing till interview it was only 5 month. I am very blesssed and i am sorry for u guys still waiting. The good thing is IT WILL COME!!!i admire ur strength dear mayfilers who not approved yet! u r great ppl and ur love for each other must be really strong to survive all this!!!

Good luck once again everybody!!!!

Tom, nice to see your back, i was asking all the time: where did he go??

another question: they made a typo on aarons (Petitioner) last name on my visa in my passport. i read on here that it does not matter as long as my information is ok. i send the embassy an email. Does anyone know something about that? his lastname ends with "M" and they put "H".

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys, visa in Hand!!!!!!!thx everyone for the support so far! i feel very lucky that from filing till interview it was only 5 month. I am very blesssed and i am sorry for u guys still waiting. The good thing is IT WILL COME!!!i admire ur strength dear mayfilers who not approved yet! u r great ppl and ur love for each other must be really strong to survive all this!!!

Good luck once again everybody!!!!

Tom, nice to see your back, i was asking all the time: where did he go??

another question: they made a typo on aarons (Petitioner) last name on my visa in my passport. i read on here that it does not matter as long as my information is ok. i send the embassy an email. Does anyone know something about that? his lastname ends with "M" and they put "H".

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!

Lea CONGRATULATIONS to You Both!! I am so Glad for you guys!:dance: Yes I was gone awhile for many reasons ,but im back to support the rest of us that hasnt completed their journey yet! As far as the Typo error I wont comment on it. I really dont know? Maybe Ray_J will comment on that or another Filer that has knowledge on that!.............GOOD LUCK!!!:dance::thumbs:

Edited by southcalhog

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay, VJ'ers... here's where I'm at in the process now. As most of you might know already, we passed the embassy interview. We had specified for her visa to be held for pick-up at 2Go at SM Bicutan. However, when we went there to check on it we found out that location had gone out of business. This prompted me to make another trip to the embassy to inquire about our options. Amy forgot to bring her visa payment receipt to the interview, which they never asked for. This worked out in our favor because the embassy never sent out her visa for delivery due to no proof of payment. They told me that all we have to do is bring the receipt to them and we can pick-up her visa from the embassy. That was relief number 1 today.

I had a bit of frustration again with the NSO (National Statistics Office (for those not familiar with Philippine government)). We've been having issues getting Serena's birth certificate from them. The NSO says that her BC is in a verification period and that they wouldn't be able to release her BC until Nov. 22. The problem is that we're supposed to leave on Nov. 11 and Serena's CRBA interview is this coming Friday. When I was at the NSO this past Friday, they told me that if I came back with the civil copy they'd be able to release the BC. That proved to be false. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor I spoke with directed me to go back to Manila City Hall and speak to Ms. Aurora Guzman (very nice lady). She was the one who gave me hope that everything might actually come together. She said that the embassy knows how slow the process is in the Philippines and will accept a civil copy if it is printed on security paper. I had to pay an additional fee for copies on the security paper and was asked to return the next day. I'll be glad to be done with this 3-ring circus governmental system.

Current Status: Married on March 3, 2012. Preparing for AOS.

01-07-11 Met in person for the first time

04-04-11 I-129F sent via USPS Priority Mail

04-06-11 Delivered to Dallas Lockbox - signed for by J. Arthur

04-08-11 NOA1 sent to me, Check cashed, Case transferred to the California Service Center

04-11-11 Touched, Received e-notification via text message of NOA1 (at 12:30 am?!?!?)

04-15-11 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail. Notice date 4/8/11.

06-24-11 Touched, Email and text - NOA2 approved in 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days (77 days total)!!!

07-01-11 NOA2 hardcopy received

07-27-11 NVC receive - FINALLY!

07-29-11 NVC depart to Manila

10-13-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 1)

10-17-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 2)

10-18-11 Embassy interview - APPROVED!!

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

well good luck to you Ray-J... sounds like you're having a bit of fun there! i heard from the embassy this morning and they said our visa went out today (24th), so hopefully with any luck it'll be in her hands this week and then i can fly her out this weekend or during the week next week. i'd wait til another weekend, but i'm just so impatient to get here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Ray J are you and your family coming back together? Through Chicago? Thats awesome if so. I would love to accompany my girlfriend and son from Russia but I guess I will be waiting for them in JFK =)

3/20/2011: Preparing Documents for I-129f Forms

4/15/2011: Received Signed Cover Letter & G325A Form

From the Misses

5/11/2011: I-129f forms mailed to USCIS lockbox (^_^)b

5/13/2011: Documents delivered to USCIS lockbox via USPS (^_^)

5/17/2011: NOA1 supposed email/text but forgot to include G 1145 Form =(

5/18/2011: Check Cashed by USCIS (YAY!!!)

5/18/2011: USCIS mails NOA1

5/23/2011: Received HARD COPY OF NOA1 d(^_^)b

********The Long wait begins*********

9/11/2011: 120 Day marker

9/13/2011 @ 11:30am GMT+3: Our Son is born. (^_^)

10/18/2011: 157 days later Receive Confirmation Email that we received NOA2 (^_^)b

10/27/2011: NVC Sent Case to US embassy in Moscow.

11/02/2011: NVC Received case in US Embassy in Moscow.

11/5/2011: Received NOA2 Hard Copy from VSC

11/11/2011: Our son receives his first Passport (Russian)

12/28/2011: CRBA Interview in Moscow @ 2pm (***APPROVED***)

12/29/2011: K-1 Interview in Moscow @ 8am (***APPROVED***)

1/13/2011: Sasha receives his CRBA Certificate and US Passport and is now a Dual Citizen (WAY TO GO SON!!!)

1/23/2011: Visa is Officially in Hand. Let the preparations begin.

3/30/2012: POE John F. Kennedy Airport New York (I CANT WAIT!!!!)

6/1/2012: Proposed and She said yes!!!

6/7/2012: Finally Married in Annapolis - Mr & Mrs. Temidayo (^_^)b

**********AOS PREPARATIONS***************************

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Update.....Ice is in a flood zone in Thailand, there is a national emergency and diseases are spreading fast.....

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Timeline

Ray J are you and your family coming back together? Through Chicago? Thats awesome if so. I would love to accompany my girlfriend and son from Russia but I guess I will be waiting for them in JFK =)

Well, that remains to be seen. We still have to go through Serena's CRBA interview on Friday. We're cutting it close because it takes two weeks to get an approved CRBA documentation and US passport to Manila from Phoenix. However, we now have Amy's visa in hand. I was able to pick it up from the embassy because Amy forgot the receipt from the visa fee. So, if you want to get your visa at the embassy, forget the visa payment receipt at home "accidentally." ;) But, tell the person who helps you that you were told by the gentleman at window 46 that you could get it if you bring in the receipt. I'm going to state that I know I probably got really lucky by being able to pick it up at the embassy.

04-08-11 NOA1 sent to me, Check cashed, Case transferred to the California Service Center

04-11-11 Touched, Received e-notification via text message of NOA1 (at 12:30 am?!?!?)

06-24-11 Touched, Email and text - NOA2 approved in 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days (77 days total)!!!

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

However, we now have Amy's visa in hand.

luuuuucky!! good luck to ya, hope you all can make it outta there before they come up with some other bs way to squeeze more money out of ya. dont forget the 750php each for terminal fee to leave... made that mistake my first time leaving the PI and was a hassle to scrounge up the money, almost missed my flight. :angry:

Timeline

Well, that remains to be seen. We still have to go through Serena's CRBA interview on Friday. We're cutting it close because it takes two weeks to get an approved CRBA documentation and US passport to Manila from Phoenix. However, we now have Amy's visa in hand. I was able to pick it up from the embassy because Amy forgot the receipt from the visa fee. So, if you want to get your visa at the embassy, forget the visa payment receipt at home "accidentally." ;) But, tell the person who helps you that you were told by the gentleman at window 46 that you could get it if you bring in the receipt. I'm going to state that I know I probably got really lucky by being able to pick it up at the embassy.

Good Luck Ray_J..I know its a trying time but You close! :thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Hello May Filers, looks like everybody here have their visa already, after 141 days since NOA1, we got RFE and we are now waiting for the hard copy so we will know what document they need from us.

Timeline

luuuuucky!! good luck to ya, hope you all can make it outta there before they come up with some other bs way to squeeze more money out of ya. dont forget the 750php each for terminal fee to leave... made that mistake my first time leaving the PI and was a hassle to scrounge up the money, almost missed my flight. :angry:

Yeah, I made the same mistake here in January. The airline helped me out. I have that covered this time for all of us. :thumbs:

Good Luck Ray_J..I know its a trying time but You close! :thumbs:

Yep, so close now. CFO seminar is now done. Amy is cleared to leave. We ran into a couple who went through a CRBA with their child a while ago. We learned about a 3,000 Peso fee from Philippine Immigration for an exit stamp because Serena was born here, despite her being a USC. This is one thing that I didn't know about and didn't account for. Thankfully, my mother is with me and has my back. I just have to light a fire under some backsides at the embassy to get her papers and passport here before we leave.

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

Timeline

Riza finally got her Visa today. :thumbs: It was a 20 day wait for some kind of review. They never did say why. :angry: At least we have some peace of mind as we finish our plans. I fly out in one month to go get her. :) I pray everyone else gets theirs soon who has not already.

Timeline

Riza finally got her Visa today. :thumbs: It was a 20 day wait for some kind of review. They never did say why. :angry: At least we have some peace of mind as we finish our plans. I fly out in one month to go get her. :) I pray everyone else gets theirs soon who has not already.

Congrats! Depending upon where she lives, she'll need to start the CFO process at either SMEF-COW or PRISM. She'll need 2 copies of her passport and visa. If she doesn't have them and goes to PRISM on Taft, there's an internet cafe around the corner that has a copier. The fee for the first part of the CFO process will be 250 pesos with an optional 100 peso fee for a copy of everything they covered in the seminar. She will also be interviewed by a counselor. If either of you were previously married, she'll be asked about those relationships and why they ended. She'll be given a yellow card at the end and told to make 2 copies of that as well. Then, she's off to the CFO office to get her sticker in her passport. The fee there is 400 pesos. After that, she's clear to leave. There's also a form that can be filled out ahead of time for the CFO. I've attached it to this post.

CFO Registration.pdf

Edited by Ray-J

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee finally approveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee welcome noa2

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee finally approveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee welcome noa2

Congrats =)

3/20/2011: Preparing Documents for I-129f Forms

4/15/2011: Received Signed Cover Letter & G325A Form

From the Misses

5/11/2011: I-129f forms mailed to USCIS lockbox (^_^)b

5/13/2011: Documents delivered to USCIS lockbox via USPS (^_^)

5/17/2011: NOA1 supposed email/text but forgot to include G 1145 Form =(

5/18/2011: Check Cashed by USCIS (YAY!!!)

5/18/2011: USCIS mails NOA1

5/23/2011: Received HARD COPY OF NOA1 d(^_^)b

********The Long wait begins*********

9/11/2011: 120 Day marker

9/13/2011 @ 11:30am GMT+3: Our Son is born. (^_^)

10/18/2011: 157 days later Receive Confirmation Email that we received NOA2 (^_^)b

10/27/2011: NVC Sent Case to US embassy in Moscow.

11/02/2011: NVC Received case in US Embassy in Moscow.

11/5/2011: Received NOA2 Hard Copy from VSC

11/11/2011: Our son receives his first Passport (Russian)

12/28/2011: CRBA Interview in Moscow @ 2pm (***APPROVED***)

12/29/2011: K-1 Interview in Moscow @ 8am (***APPROVED***)

1/13/2011: Sasha receives his CRBA Certificate and US Passport and is now a Dual Citizen (WAY TO GO SON!!!)

1/23/2011: Visa is Officially in Hand. Let the preparations begin.

3/30/2012: POE John F. Kennedy Airport New York (I CANT WAIT!!!!)

6/1/2012: Proposed and She said yes!!!

6/7/2012: Finally Married in Annapolis - Mr & Mrs. Temidayo (^_^)b

**********AOS PREPARATIONS***************************

ticker.png

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.