41 posts in this topic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello!

Well it's clear that the guy i spoke to at the helpline had no idea what he was talking about! I spoke to him on Wednesday afternoon & my interview letter was issued on thursday!

I can't help but think my call somehow did something to hurry things along?

So for those of you out there waiting an interview date - even though it's expensive, i'd say it's worth a call! Just ignore the information they give you :)

It took 3 1/2 weeks between my packet 3 & getting my interview letter.

I'm so excited now.... less than 3 weeks to my interview!!!!!

Timeline

I would be incredibly happy if ours had finished around 2 months. We're around 2 months and week, with no interview date in sight. Seems like every part of this process has taken longer than expected, what a test of patience!!

This time last week i was on the verge or a breakdown, but a few days later and everything has changed - don't give up hope!!!

It took us 2 months from noa2 to getting the interview letter - but i only had my medical on 6th may, so i think that may have added a bit of a delay.

Have you paid the visa fee? might be worth a try?

So far we've been waiting a total of 7 months since the original petition.

Hang in there, i'm sure you will hear something in the next 2 weeks, but if you haven't, give them a call! It seemed to work for me :)

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

My fiance also had his medical on May 6th, we got our noa2 on like march 10th, but we got held up going to the nvc...wasted like a month sitting at csc before they even sent it to vsc...i've been thinking about calling that number but it really would suck to lose $16 for no reason....

My fiance also had his medical on May 6th, we got our noa2 on like march 10th, but we got held up going to the nvc...wasted like a month sitting at csc before they even sent it to vsc...i've been thinking about calling that number but it really would suck to lose $16 for no reason....

Call the Dept of State for no fee and get better information than calling the embassy.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

I know it seems like a waste of $16, but i was too impatient to wait any longer! If you think about how much the entire process is costing..... it doesn't really seem that much then!

Whether you decide to phone or not, i wish you the best of luck & hope you hear something soon!

From looking at your timeline, we seem quite close together, so i'm sure your fiance won't be too far behind me, and will be on a plane very shortly :)

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Nich-Nick...obviously calling DOS is free, but when things start to lag, it can sometimes be helpful to get a hold of the actual location behind it. DOS is just a relay as my documents are physically at the embassy.

Thanks for the kind words Sarah, I also hope he's on a plane very very soon.

Nich-Nick...obviously calling DOS is free, but when things start to lag, it can sometimes be helpful to get a hold of the actual location behind it. DOS is just a relay as my documents are physically at the embassy.

The reasons I suggest calling DOS--

• It's free. You can call every day.
  • DOS is the "parent" of the embassy. DOS issues your visa.
  • If somebody in London enters anything into the system about your case, DOS sees it on their computer and are willing to share it with you.
  • The London helpline is a call center that can't really access all the information on your case. You would have to get bumped up to speak to a person with access to learn details. Chances are you would spend $16 to hear somebody read from a script who won't bump you up or give you the email code. The call center isn't going to go physically pull your file out of a box, so calling DOS is more likely to get you better information.

If you ask DOS the right questions they can tell you:

--if you case was received from NVC and logged in by the Embassy

--if your packet 3 letter was mailed by the embassy

--if your Packet 3 forms are received

--if your medical results are received

--if you are classified "interview ready" but they haven't assigned a date yet

--if you have been assigned an interview date

--if you are in AP following your interview

--if/when your visa was printed and passed to the courier

If things seriously lag, like 3-4 weeks have passed since your application forms, readiness form, and medical results supposedly arrived at the embassy, then call the embassy and insist on the email code so a higher up person can look into it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm so glad I found this thread! We too are waiting for an interview date and the computer doesn't have any info on our packet 3 forms that were sent three weeks ago. But we are in a bit of a different situation as the police check came back with "NO LIVE TRACE" and we're now waiting on the subject access report that could take til June 15. We want something a bit later, so I guess waiting is not so bad for us right now...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Still no word on our packet either and it's been over four weeks now. I called the visa center for the fourth time and London has logged our medical, but still our packet hasn't been logged. The only good side of this is that we should get our interview date as soon as they can manage to log our packet in. Trying not to freak out, though our wedding isn't until Sept 4 so we still have time! My fiance called on Friday asking for the email code and was told to call back Monday! Seems like they were having problems with the computer system. I haven't been able to talk to him yet so I just pray that he was able to get through and got some answers! It's just so frustrating, I just hope our packet hasn't been lost. Doing my best to stay positive...

Andrea

Timeline

Been in the same boat

Sent off my packet 3 ages ago (well not ages but everything seems like it's taken ages in this proces lol), had my medical done on the 13th of May.

My fiancee phoned DOS on the Friday 20th May saying nothing has been received which I began to panic because surely my Packet 3 would have arrived already....

anyways she phoned today and told her received my Packet 3 and medical and my interview should heopfully be posted out soon

HAPPY :):):)

Met online Jan 2009

Met in person 10th Sept 2010 (2 weeks)

2nd meeting 11th Feb 2011 (3 weeks)

Service Center California

Consulate London

I-129F sent 10/22/2010

I-129F NOA1 10/29/2010

Check Cashed 11/01/2010

I-129F RFE 11/04/2010

I-129F NOA2 04/06/2011

NVC Received 04/15/2011

NVC left 04/18/2011

Consulate rec 04/28/2011

Packet 3 rec 5/04/2011

Packet 3 sent 05/04/2011

Packet 4 rec 05/27/2011

Interview date 06/27/2011

Interview result APPROVED

Visa rec

POE

Marriage

Timeline

I've just rung to get an update as I sent my Packet 3 in by recorded delivery and attended my medical on the 10th May.

They have no record of my medical or Packet 3 yet but they did say that they are now quoting a 6 week lead time for them to be keyed into the system due to a backlog.

Guess its just more waiting

09/20/2010-------I-129F Sent to Lewisville TX

09/23/2010-------Electronic NOA1 recieved

10/01/2010-------NOA1 Hard Copy recieved--Dated September 23 and stated I-129F sent to Vermont Service Center for processing

04/08/2011-------NOA2 Received

05/05/2011-------Packet 3 Received

05/05/2011-------Packet 3 Returned

05/10/2011-------Medical Attended

I've just rung to get an update as I sent my Packet 3 in by recorded delivery and attended my medical on the 10th May.

They have no record of my medical or Packet 3 yet but they did say that they are now quoting a 6 week lead time for them to be keyed into the system due to a backlog.

Guess its just more waiting

Oh no...6 weeks? So sorry you guys

But no worries the interview process is really easy nowadays in London :thumbs:

French-AmericanFlag_medium.jpg

We met in June 2008
We got engaged on 08-06-2010!!!!!
08-30-2010:I-129F Sent
09-03-2010: I-129F NOA1
09-13-2010:Touched
10-03-2010:Touched!! !feels gooood :)
02-24-2011: RFE...grrrrrr
03-18-2011: NOA2 - it took them 6mths 2 wks and 2 days (or 196 days)!!!!
03-??-2011: NVC received
03-29-2011: Petition sent to London
04-05-2011: Embassy received petition
04-09-2011: Packet 3 received
04-11-2011: Packet 3 sent
04-13-2011: Medical
05-12-2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!
07-04-2011: POE
08-05-2011: We're married!
09-14-2011: AOS, EAD and AP forms sent
09-16-2011: Receipts for AOS, EAD and AP forms
11-17-2011: RFE...
12-08-2011: Send evidence back to USCIS...and now we wait
12-23-2011: EAD/AP card sent
12-29-2011: EAD/AP card received :)
12-29-2011: Case transferred to CSC
03-29-2012: AOS approved!
04-05-2012: Green card in hands

03-06-2014: Removal of conditions packet received at VSC...and now the wait starts again!

luh6s78.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

So after two weeks of my fiance calling the consulate and getting all sorts of different information, including that he didn't need the email code and to just keep waiting, I finally called and got the email code and contacted the consulate. And two days later, we got our interview date! This less than a week after being told our packet hadn't arrived. So for everyone else waiting, I'd say it's definitely worth the $16 to call and enquire about your packet. It seemed to us that the UK based line got us nowhere, it's the USC line that seems to get results. Good luck everyone!

Andrea

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.