I AM NOT THAT GUY

Texas Passes Bill to Require Sonograms Before Abortions

272 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Multiple barriers. The pill, the condom and gobs of spermicidal lube. Get as close to 100% as possible without having to cum on her stomach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spermicide

Spermicical lube... allergic irritation, increased risk of HIV, increased chance of UTIs, yeast infection, and everything else that is totally fun. Yeah, no thanks. Doctors and other health care professionals have been recommending against using it for years.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Timeline

as I said, as long as it's solely the woman's choice of what happens to the child, then it's 99% her responsibility to make sure she doesn't get pregnant.

Until men have a say at conception. Until men have equal rights under the law over the mother, then it's the woman's responsibility almost completely.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but the way you're trying to say it is ridiculous.

If a man doesn't want to 'lose control' over having a say, he should be more concerned at conception. Ergo, it's NOT just the 'woman's responsibility' to ensure not getting pregnant.

I say I understand your point because I do think men get the sh!t end of the stick...let's say the man wants the baby, the woman doesn't. It seems wrong that the woman can just kill the unborn child, and the man has no say in it.

So, to avoid that complication, it's a 50/50 split as far as responsibility with conception.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If pregnancies could be carried to term outside the womans body (which currently isn't possible) then men would get a say.

As only women can get pregnant, men can't have a say without claiming a level of ownership over the woman's body. That is surely a form of sexual slavery.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

A lot of people still have a steriotype od who seeks abortion and why - here is a very good research I found gives very good answer...finally.

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I understand the point you're trying to make, but the way you're trying to say it is ridiculous.

If a man doesn't want to 'lose control' over having a say, he should be more concerned at conception. Ergo, it's NOT just the 'woman's responsibility' to ensure not getting pregnant.

I say I understand your point because I do think men get the sh!t end of the stick...let's say the man wants the baby, the woman doesn't. It seems wrong that the woman can just kill the unborn child, and the man has no say in it.

So, to avoid that complication, it's a 50/50 split as far as responsibility with conception.

I get the responsibility part. But when we guys can carry a fetus to term, then we can talk about making decisions equally.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

If pregnancies could be carried to term outside the womans body (which currently isn't possible) then men would get a say.

As only women can get pregnant, men can't have a say without claiming a level of ownership over the woman's body. That is surely a form of sexual slavery.

I think many who argue it should be 50/50 responsibility in this thread object to the fact that while a man has no legal say over what the woman does regarding the child, he still holds legal responsibility for the child if its born...effectively the woman has choice the man does not.

What I find hilarious about this is that I often here a pro-life style argument used in this instance from people who are pro choice "well he made the choice to have sex...he must deal with the consequences"

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think many who argue it should be 50/50 responsibility in this thread object to the fact that while a man has no legal say over what the woman does regarding the child, he still holds legal responsibility for the child if its born...effectively the woman has choice the man does not.

What I find hilarious about this is that I often here a pro-life style argument used in this instance from people who are pro choice "well he made the choice to have sex...he must deal with the consequences"

That argument only makes sense of you enjoy twisting semantics.

The simple fact of the matter is that biology isn't equal. Women are the only ones who can get pregnant, the wishes of the man are all but irrelevant to whether or not she decides to have the baby. The reasons for this are obvious, she undergoes the biological changes, she incurs the medical expenses, it's her quality of life that is disrupted during the pregnancy.

Should men able to cede their parental rights to avoid say, child support? Perhaps, but that is a very different conversation.

Edited by fishdude

Filed: Timeline

Of course, if it is the woman's choice, what about the majority of pre-viable things being removed that were potential females?

I only irony I find to the issue, is that some folks make the intelligent decision not to have children at a certain point, if ever in their lives, while unintelligent people just seem to breed. Think of how many of the world's problems could be solved if that was not the sad truth.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

A little more complicated biology dictates what constitutes viability. And all that stuff. The word viability is simple enough though.

Of course "viability" is getting to be a shorter and shorter window of time as medical advancement leaps ahead.

SO yes.. the word "viability" is simple enough.... it;s the time frame that keeps changing.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

That argument only makes sense of you enjoy twisting semantics.

The simple fact of the matter is that biology isn't equal. Women are the only ones who can get pregnant, the wishes of the man are all but irrelevant to whether or not she decides to have the baby. The reasons for this are obvious, she undergoes the biological changes, she incurs the medical expenses, it's her quality of life that is disrupted during the pregnancy.

Should men able to cede their parental rights to avoid say, child support? Perhaps, but that is a very different conversation.

I'm actually only arguing for your last sentence. Clearly medical costs should be split.

I'm reminded of a comedy sketch where the man makes every woman he sleeps with sign a contract for sex.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Of course, if it is the woman's choice, what about the majority of pre-viable things being removed that were potential females?

I only irony I find to the issue, is that some folks make the intelligent decision not to have children at a certain point, if ever in their lives, while unintelligent people just seem to breed. Think of how many of the world's problems could be solved if that was not the sad truth.

Idiocracy.

An ironic consequence, perhaps, of life imitating art?