I AM NOT THAT GUY

Texas Passes Bill to Require Sonograms Before Abortions

272 posts in this topic

Don't forget, the second body in there is also half the mans. The whole "men shouldn't have a say" thing is ridiculous. It's their child too. And yeah, the women have to carry it to term, but it's not like they didn't know that when they spread their legs.

And men know that putting their pen!s in a woman can result in a pregnancy and what that woman might want if such happens is their choice. They know that before they make a grand entrance. Goes both ways.

Edited by LaL

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Don't forget, the second body in there is also half the mans. The whole "men shouldn't have a say" thing is ridiculous. It's their child too. And yeah, the women have to carry it to term, but it's not like they didn't know that when they spread their legs.

In the womb the man shouldn't have a say.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

And men know that putting their pen!s in a woman can result in a pregnancy and what that woman might want if such happens is their choice. They know that before they make a grand entrance. Goes both ways.

as I said, as long as it's solely the woman's choice of what happens to the child, then it's 99% her responsibility to make sure she doesn't get pregnant.

Until men have a say at conception. Until men have equal rights under the law over the mother, then it's the woman's responsibility almost completely.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Timeline
Agree! :thumbs:

Unfortunately, the country doesn't. It's being made abundantly clear by those that push these measures that they have no appetite whatsoever to do what it takes to prevent the tens of thousands of preventable deaths we experience each and every year.

So, when does life begin? :unsure:

That question is about as irrelevant as it gets as long as we're not protecting life that all agree has begun - i.e. the life of post birth individuals. We let them die by the thousands each year if they happen not to have the means to access adequate health care. If the pro-life crowd wasn't so by name only, they'd be outraged about it. They're not. In fact, they're now supporting measures (abolish medicare and slash medicaid) that will push the number of preventable deaths into the six figure range.

Given that why would I - or any person of sound mind - take their pro-life rhetoric seriously?

Filed: Timeline

as I said, as long as it's solely the woman's choice of what happens to the child, then it's 99% her responsibility to make sure she doesn't get pregnant.

Until men have a say at conception. Until men have equal rights under the law over the mother, then it's the woman's responsibility almost completely.

Hopefully, you asked first, she said yes, the result is a mutual contract that whatever the result, you get to pay for it. That is life, dude! If you want to be safe, go gay.

Obviously. So the decision should go both ways too. The woman carries the child. That's how life works. But it's not just her child. The father has to take responsibility after the child is born, so it should also get a say when the child is in the womb.

June 7, 2010 - Will asked me to marry him, and I said YES!!
October 4, 2010 - Will sent away the I-129F Petition
October 12, 2010 - NOA1 received!
October 15, 2010 - First "touch"
October 18, 2010 - Second "touch"
March 7, 2011 - NOA2!!!
March 18, 2011 - NVC forwarded our case to the Montreal Consulate....NOT where we wanted it to go!
March 25, 2011 - Email from Montreal saying that our case would be forwarded to Vancouver - only took one night for a reply from them smile.png
April 5, 2011 - Vancouver has our package!
April 6, 2011 - Received Packet 3 via email - now just waiting on my police certificate.
April 13, 2011 - faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver
April 14, 2011 - received Packet 4 via email
May 4, 2011 - Medical appointment
May 5, 2011 - Interview!! APPROVED smile.png

June 16, 2011 - POE at Blaine Peace Arch Crossing
June 28, 2011 - Got married by Elvis in Vegas!
Aug 8, 2011 - Received SSN in the mail.

Aug 31, 2011 - Sent off AOS Package
Sept 7, 2011 - Package received by USCIS
Sept 9, 2011 - Notice of Action email for AOS, EAD, and AP.
Sept 16, 2011 - Received my Biometrics Appt. letter for the 30th.
Sept 22, 2011 - RFE sad.png
Sept 30, 2011 - Biometrics Appt.
Oct 26, 2011 - Received interview letter for Dec 1st
Nov 4, 2011 - EAD/AP approved
Nov 12, 2011 - Received combo card in the mail
Dec 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED smile.png
Dec 9, 2011 - Greencard arrived in the mail!

Oct 18, 2013 - I-751 Package signed for at CA Service Center

Mar 5, 2014 - Approved! Awaiting greencard in the mail

Obviously. So the decision should go both ways too. The woman carries the child. That's how life works. But it's not just her child. The father has to take responsibility after the child is born, so it should also get a say when the child is in the womb.

Sounds like TX is right up your alley :D But in the end, it's not how the law works.

Unfortunately, the country doesn't. It's being made abundantly clear by those that push these measures that they have no appetite whatsoever to do what it takes to prevent the tens of thousands of preventable deaths we experience each and every year.

That question is about as irrelevant as it gets as long as we're not protecting life that all agree has begun - i.e. the life of post birth individuals. We let them die by the thousands each year if they happen not to have the means to access adequate health care. If the pro-life crowd wasn't so by name only, they'd be outraged about it. They're not. In fact, they're now supporting measures (abolish medicare and slash medicaid) that will push the number of preventable deaths into the six figure range.

Given that why would I - or any person of sound mind - take their pro-life rhetoric seriously?

OK, :unsure: but, that wasn't my question.

I will look elsewhere for ideas.

but,Thanks anyway. :star:

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I hope the state will be footing the bill for those sonograms!

I haven't read through this thread yet but I would bring the same point up. These Republicans want to legislate their morality unto all... they should pay for it too.

Timeline

Sounds like the only winners in this are the doctors and insurance companies. I don't believe that a marked decrease of abortions will occur because of this, it's an empty, stupid law. Focus on education.

Yep. Stereotypes aside... this is Texas...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

In the womb the man shouldn't have a say.

we don't have too much of a say outside the womb either. :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Heck at least we gotta practice that thing where we remember to finish up outside. Not that hard to do if we insist on not using a rubber. Maybe that 1% that is our 'responsibility' shouldn't be that hard, but for many of my gender it gets difficult to even remember that small amount.

we don't have too much of a say outside the womb either. :blush:

FatherKnowsBest_S1.jpg

Timeline

Your question was when life begins. That question was answered by the SCOTUS - life begins at viability. My question is though, how is that relevant as long as life isn't considered precious and priceless in this country?

Life has an unfortunate sliding scale according to political and [hypocritical] moral convenience. For both 'sides' of the argument. If we stick to the legal definition, then there shouldn't be any legal blocking of personal decisions between a woman, her womb, at at times, the man that impregnated the woman.