I AM NOT THAT GUY

Texas Passes Bill to Require Sonograms Before Abortions

272 posts in this topic

The flaw in your thinking is that it's not your price to pay, Simpson. It's not your body.

A rabbit trail from the primary thread topic please;

I'm curious. Whose body is it? :unsure:

I mean, once a woman is pregnant, is it really just her at that point? :unsure:

I'm not communicating my thought/question very well but, hmmmmm,

Are there not 2 people using the same body? :unsure:

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

I want to know how many pro-lifers are going around adopting babies.

Well if you keep your baby there isn't much need for adoption.

And if you're telling me that people who are not models or actresses with personal trainers don't experience things like saggy boobs and a gut after having a baby, I want their genetics

Sad sad sad. I could careless if their boobs are saggy. What a sad and pathetic reason to have a abortion. Besides fishdude said "ruined their bodies", it does not ruin their bodies.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I care about my boobs. Which is perhaps why I shouldn't be a parent.

And you don't trust teenagers to make a decision about an abortion, yet you trust them to carry a baby for 9 months safely and potentially raise a person for the next eighteen years? Logic fail.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sure, but only one is "driving" so to speak.

None of your business Simpson. Stop trying to impose your puritanical attitudes towards sex on women.

Once again its all about the woman with you. The issue is much bigger than just the womans rights.

Timeline

Also, many women who have an abortion are married women with kids who know they can't afford another baby. So what, they should carry a baby for nine months and explain to their kids that they're giving this one away? Married couples who already have as many kids as they can afford should stop doing it because hey, your only worth as a human being is as a baby-making machine and here is some Quiverfull literature?

Первый блин комом.

Well, I suppose the good news is that the patient is making two or more trips anyway. Most states require face to face counselling, then must wait a determined amount of time to let it all sink in. Almost all states require fetal development and abortion procedure education prior to, and of course an ultrasound (or two). What's another medical procedure right? This one could stop the endless slaughter!

Edited by LaL

Sure, but only one is "driving" so to speak.

OK. I agree. The one "driving" gets to choose the music. :thumbs:

but, if you acknowledge there are two people in the car.... :unsure:

I'm sure you see where I'm headed. :star:

I really struggle with the, it's a human life when?, issue. :help:

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

I care about my boobs. Which is perhaps why I shouldn't be a parent.

And you don't trust teenagers to make a decision about an abortion, yet you trust them to carry a baby for 9 months safely and potentially raise a person for the next eighteen years? Logic fail.

So you would abort a baby to avoid saggy boobs?

This isnt about trusting teenagers(teenagers that have laws to abide by) this about saving lives. I know I know its just a fetus..... :wacko:

Timeline

I do not want saggy boobs, I don't want to be pregnant, and I don't want to raise a child. Maybe in ten years I will feel differently. But for now, no way.

Women bear children. They are not children. They do not need to be treated like they are too stupid to be able to make an informed decision about their futures.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

OK. I agree. The one "driving" gets to choose the music. :thumbs:

but, if you acknowledge there are two people in the car.... :unsure:

I'm sure you see where I'm headed. :star:

I really struggle with the, it's a human life when?, issue. :help:

It's not a struggle. Abortion shouldn't be conducted for frivolous reasons, but banning it is a poor solution to preventing abuse, just as abolishing unemployment benefits is a poor solution to solving benefit fraud.

The only solution that encourages both responsibility without curtailing individual rights is education.

This is not an issue that requires a big stick solution

Don't forget, the second body in there is also half the mans. The whole "men shouldn't have a say" thing is ridiculous. It's their child too. And yeah, the women have to carry it to term, but it's not like they didn't know that when they spread their legs.

June 7, 2010 - Will asked me to marry him, and I said YES!!
October 4, 2010 - Will sent away the I-129F Petition
October 12, 2010 - NOA1 received!
October 15, 2010 - First "touch"
October 18, 2010 - Second "touch"
March 7, 2011 - NOA2!!!
March 18, 2011 - NVC forwarded our case to the Montreal Consulate....NOT where we wanted it to go!
March 25, 2011 - Email from Montreal saying that our case would be forwarded to Vancouver - only took one night for a reply from them smile.png
April 5, 2011 - Vancouver has our package!
April 6, 2011 - Received Packet 3 via email - now just waiting on my police certificate.
April 13, 2011 - faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver
April 14, 2011 - received Packet 4 via email
May 4, 2011 - Medical appointment
May 5, 2011 - Interview!! APPROVED smile.png

June 16, 2011 - POE at Blaine Peace Arch Crossing
June 28, 2011 - Got married by Elvis in Vegas!
Aug 8, 2011 - Received SSN in the mail.

Aug 31, 2011 - Sent off AOS Package
Sept 7, 2011 - Package received by USCIS
Sept 9, 2011 - Notice of Action email for AOS, EAD, and AP.
Sept 16, 2011 - Received my Biometrics Appt. letter for the 30th.
Sept 22, 2011 - RFE sad.png
Sept 30, 2011 - Biometrics Appt.
Oct 26, 2011 - Received interview letter for Dec 1st
Nov 4, 2011 - EAD/AP approved
Nov 12, 2011 - Received combo card in the mail
Dec 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED smile.png
Dec 9, 2011 - Greencard arrived in the mail!

Oct 18, 2013 - I-751 Package signed for at CA Service Center

Mar 5, 2014 - Approved! Awaiting greencard in the mail