I AM NOT THAT GUY

Texas Passes Bill to Require Sonograms Before Abortions

272 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

What you are doing is lumping together diverse opinions on abortion into an excuse to outlaw the procedure. That is a slippery slope, and a FAIL at that.

Speaking of "fails".

:lol:

That is fail-rich logic.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Absolutely, thats why we have no right to judge the Concentration camp guard or the Police officer caught on tape or the Soldier at war, the Politician or even the scientist who fudges the data.

Unless you have lived their lives and had that exact experience.... don't judge!

:whistle:

You have no right to judge others based on limited information. Read again (which you won't- you got your drive-by moment here).

Speaking of "fails".

:lol:

That is fail-rich logic.

Do you deny you are using a slippery slope argument Danno? Do you know what a slippery slope argument even is? :lol:

No need to be coy.

At least have an honest understanding of what those 'polls' say. But honest and Danno are two ideas that unfortunately mix like oil and water.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How do you "act responsible" when having sex?

Not having sex on train lines or on busy roads?

===================

responsible |riˈspänsəbəl|

adjective [ predic. ]

• capable of being trusted : a responsible adult.

• morally accountable for one's behavior :

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

These ladies gave their account of events- and perhaps you may be (surprise, surprise) rushing to judge on incomplete information. You are nobody to question the veracity, or furthermore, judge them based on your own life experiences. One day you may discover people actually live different lives.

Oh get off your high horse, they already said they didn't think anything of having a abortion. :rolleyes:

Please quote me on where I rushed to judgement.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

===================

responsible |riˈspänsəbəl|

adjective [ predic. ]

• capable of being trusted : a responsible adult.

• morally accountable for one's behavior :

Yes Danno, i'm sure most of us know what the word means. That wasn't my question. Perhaps someone who isnt obsessed with pedantry can have a go.

Timeline

Oh get off your high horse, they already said they didn't think anything of having a abortion. :rolleyes:

Please quote me on where I rushed to judgement.

In that you are perhaps misreading what 'not giving a second thought' means in the context of what they're writing. I know you have issues with reading comprehension sometimes, specially when the discussion is topical and the writer is providing an example and using articles of speech... but dangit Simpson... really there's no need to be obtuse. Please don't ask to be hand-held all the time. You'll just deny that was the context the specific quotes were saying due to your own inadequacies.

How do you "act responsible" when having sex?

Not having sex on train lines or on busy roads?

Well for starters if going out on a Saturday and having a good time means you will end up in bed with a stranger on Sunday morning well then maybe you should quit drinking. That would be the responsible thing to do. ;)

Timeline

Well for starters if going out on a Saturday and having a good time means you will end up in bed with a stranger on Sunday morning well then maybe you should quit drinking. That would be the responsible thing to do. ;)

Does this logic apply to guys as well or is it only applicable to the ladies?

In that you are perhaps misreading what 'not giving a second thought' means in the context of what they're writing. I know you have issues with reading comprehension sometimes, specially when the discussion is topical and the writer is providing an example and using articles of speech... but dangit Simpson... really there's no need to be obtuse. Please don't ask to be hand-held all the time. You'll just deny that was the context the specific quotes were saying due to your own inadequacies.

So in a nutshell you have nothing. Now isn't it about time for your "It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is." approach?

Timeline

So in a nutshell you have nothing. Now isn't it about time for your "It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is." approach?

I don't think its about having something or nothing- I can read, and you demonstrate that you can't do so very well.

Words have their meaning within the context in which they're used. Danno posted a dictionary example of the word 'responsible' up above. You might benefit from doing the same as a first step in getting things a little better.

Does this logic apply to guys as well or is it only applicable to the ladies?

Well of course. Why would you think otherwise? Men dont get a legal choice in the abortion process so my concern on this topic is with the woman. I think that both of these imaginary people are equally stupid.

Edited by _Simpson_

Timeline

Well of course. Why would you think otherwise? Men dont get a legal choice in the abortion so my concern on this topic is with the woman. I think that both of these hypothetic people are equally stupid.

Thanks for clarifying. When men can get preggers, they they can get them too.

Just remember to step in and judge others' one-night stands as reckless. Please don't forget.

The subject of abortion can not be debated. There is no common ground that both parties can meet on regarding the point when human life has legal status, and I say this as someone is Pro Life.

Maybe it more about changing the minds and hearts of people who have frequent appointments with the dentist.