I AM NOT THAT GUY

Texas Passes Bill to Require Sonograms Before Abortions

272 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had a friend that turned out to be Darth Vader. You can imagine what a mess of a story he ended up having.

Well naturally he would have been better off on tattooine, because a life in slavery is better than no life at all!

Indeed I will continue with semantics. Its more accurately called 'knowing how to use English appropriately' to make a claim. Your words are clear on this: you consider no other alternative to your perspective as 'valid.' For this, you earn a medal.

Poor language skills are often more than not, a sign of poor thinking skills.

"It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is."

Not Hal? :rofl:

Where is hal these days?

Then again I knew a friends cousin who had many abortions, she told my friend (her cousin)- it was no different than "getting a tooth pulled".

I also have had people in my life who have had abortions, my mom and ex-wife. Both of them regret it and have a hard time talking about it.

I could be wrong in thinking that having a abortion would have a emotional toll on most people but I really hope I'm right about this. I couldn't be friends or respect anyone who would treat it like a trip to the dentist.

Meh. I've had an abortion. I'm the same as maven. I don't care. I don't regret it. It didn't bring me to tears.

Well aren't you special. Do you want a reward or something?

It's none of your business why I got pregnant, and it's none of your business why I chose termination.

You shared your story on this board so you did make it my business.

It was the right decision for me and my HUSBAND (note I was married) at the time.

Who cares, this isn't all about you. This sort of me me me attitude seems to run rampant through the minds of pro-choice people. I find it to be rather selfish and childish.

Taking it off the table would just cause people to go underground. Do you really think abortions are a new fad?

Ah the back alley abortion argument. Legalizing abortion is a horrible solution to back

alley abortions. Its like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly...overkill. So Paul the answer to your question is no I don't see it as a new fad. Now I realize that I'm only seeing part of your post because some of it was removed but I'm sure you were being serious so in that case :rolleyes: .

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There are some good arguments for the pro life position, but the sexual puritan church pro lifers should be boated off to their own island well away from everyone else.

Ah the back alley abortion argument. Legalizing abortion is a horrible solution to back

alley abortions. Its like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly...overkill. So Paul the answer to your question is no I don't see it as a new fad. Now I realize that I'm only seeing part of your post because some of it was removed but I'm sure you were being serious so in that case :rolleyes: .

So what is your solution. Jail?

Filed: Timeline
This sort of me me me attitude seems to run rampant through the minds of pro-choice people.

Well, to be fair, the pro-life crowd has the same me, me, me mentality. At the end of the day, this is all about your sensitivities and views that you would like to force down some else's throat. You want to control the lives of others on matters that should, quite simply, not be any of your concern. Same as with same sex marriages: Don't think same sex couple should marry? Then just don't marry anyone of the same sex. There, done.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The real problem is not a number of abortions... The real problem is a number of pregnancies that end up in miscarriages due to stress or unavailable medical care or number of babies that get born in less that perfect health due to the same reasons + unhealthy lifestyle of the mother.

Until this country passes some bills that ensure that every pregnant woman has health insurance/ health services that she can afford from the first day she learns about pregnancy and until the baby is at least 6 months... until financial help is available to every pregnant woman in need to ensure that she can eat good balanced organic food and have a safe shelter...

...anti-abortion laws like this one are a travesty.

If you disagree, then you prefer to have quantity of babies over quality, and you prefer to have random babies over wanted babies (who btw, usually do better in life).

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

So what is your solution. Jail?

My main focus would be on the people providing the service but to answer your question, I'm not sure what would be a fitting course of action with these woman because I realize that this is a desperate act.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, to be fair, the pro-life crowd has the same me, me, me mentality. At the end of the day, this is all about your sensitivities and views that you would like to force down some else's throat. You want to control the lives of others on matters that should, quite simply, not be any of your concern. Same as with same sex marriages: Don't think same sex couple should marry? Then just don't marry anyone of the same sex. There, done.

Hate to break it to you but almost everyone favors some restriction on abortion.... we are just haggling out the demarcation.

and so it is with all these social issues.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

These ladies gave their account of events- and perhaps you may be (surprise, surprise) rushing to judge on incomplete information. You are nobody to question the veracity, or furthermore, judge them based on your own life experiences. One day you may discover people actually live different lives.

"It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is."

Where is hal these days?

I also have had people in my life who have had abortions, my mom and ex-wife. Both of them regret it and have a hard time talking about it.

I could be wrong in thinking that having a abortion would have a emotional toll on most people but I really hope I'm right about this. I couldn't be friends or respect anyone who would treat it like a trip to the dentist.

Well aren't you special. Do you want a reward or something?

You shared your story on this board so you did make it my business.

Who cares, this isn't all about you. This sort of me me me attitude seems to run rampant through the minds of pro-choice people. I find it to be rather selfish and childish.

Filed: Timeline
Until this country passes some bills that ensure that every pregnant woman has health insurance/ health services that she can afford from the first day she learns about pregnancy and until the baby is at least 6 months... until financial help is available to every pregnant woman in need to ensure that she can eat good balanced organic food and have a safe shelter...

It's not even the ability to afford pre-natal care. I remember well the run-around I had following our move from OH to FL when my wife was 6 months pregnant. Despite the fact that there were no issues with the pregnancy, despite the fact that we had obtained and offered the patient file from the OB-Gyn that provided the prenatal care in OH up until our move, despite the fact that we had insurance that would cover the prenatal care, birth, etc., we could not find an OB-Gyn that would accept my wife as a patient. Why? Well, because she was already 6 months along. It was outright ridiculous. For a country that claims to place such a high value on carrying pregnancies to term, there sure are plenty of roadblocks to proper prenatal care around. How about the pro-life crowd focuses on these travesties and ensures that such experience cannot happen to pregnant women rather than focusing on shutting down places that actually provide that care to women in need? Bunch of self-righteous fcuking hypocrites.

Timeline

The real problem is not a number of abortions... The real problem is a number of pregnancies that end up in miscarriages due to stress or unavailable medical care or number of babies that get born in less that perfect health due to the same reasons + unhealthy lifestyle of the mother.

If you disagree, then you prefer to have quantity of babies over quality, and you prefer to have random babies over wanted babies (who btw, usually do better in life).

Like have the state pay for these sonograms? What do you want... COMMUNISM? :lol:

Remember, this is part of the same crowd that doesn't want our liberties taken from us with nationalized health care.

My main focus would be on the people providing the service but to answer your question, I'm not sure what would be a fitting course of action with these woman because I realize that this is a desperate act.

How would you control that the abortion is not performed? Cameras? Supervising personnel from the State? Sting operations? Just curious.

Timeline

Hate to break it to you but almost everyone favors some restriction on abortion.... we are just haggling out the demarcation.

and so it is with all these social issues.

What you are doing is lumping together diverse opinions on abortion into an excuse to outlaw the procedure. That is a slippery slope, and a FAIL at that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

These ladies gave their account of events- and perhaps you may be (surprise, surprise) rushing to judge on incomplete information. You are nobody to question the veracity, or furthermore, judge them based on your own life experiences. One day you may discover people actually live different lives.

Absolutely, thats why we have no right to judge the Concentration camp guard or the Police officer caught on tape or the Soldier at war, the Politician or even the scientist who fudges the data.

Unless you have lived their lives and had that exact experience.... don't judge!

:whistle:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

This isn't about controlling people's life this is about saving lives. Now lets look at it from your POV - at least my me me me attitude saves lives. ;)

I do disagree. The real problem is that people don't act responsible when having sex.