I AM NOT THAT GUY

Texas Passes Bill to Require Sonograms Before Abortions

272 posts in this topic

A better reply that timed out from before:

You responded to a comment that was directed at me and you made your black and white thought comment. Now if you want to get all semantic and act like you weren't directing that towards me then I refuse to play that game.

Yes, I have spoken to people that have undergone the procedure. That study you speculate on is based on what kind of data exactly? Is this more 'Simpson conducting spoken interviews with post-abortion women' or is it data that only you seem to believe from sources that you are privy to?

Questions... questions...

Is this a semantic error (you make a lot of those unfortunately) or are you privy to information that needs to be specified?

Are you trying to pretend that this wouldnt be the natural reaction?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

It must suck to be so paranoid on a message board.

You responded to a comment that was directed at me and you made your black and white thought comment. Now if you want to get all semantic and act like you weren't directing that towards me then I refuse to play that game.

Are you trying to pretend that this wouldnt be the natural reaction?

Are you assuming that there is only one possible reaction?

It must suck to be so paranoid on a message board.

I see you refuse to admit the obvious and continue with this game.

Are you assuming that there is only one possible reaction?

No, I'm assuming that this would be the common reaction,"most people".

Well its been fun but I got to get going.

Timeline

I see you refuse to admit the obvious and continue with this game.

No, I'm assuming that this would be the common reaction,"most people".

Well its been fun but I got to get going.

I stick to what has been posted, Simpson. You might be better to try that sometime without the drama and the crass abscesses in logic from your side of the fence.

Hate to break it to you once again, but these are your words:

the natural reaction

It doesn't mean 'most' and certainly doesn't allow for much possibility for other observations. This kind of vocabulary is quite common in people that have a 2-dimensional kind of mindset when it comes to issues. In other words, a closed mind. Take that as you will- likely as you usually do (not very thoughtfully).

Timeline

I already said "most" and you even quoted me, so continue with the semantics if you must.

Three times you had unwanted pregnancies, unbelievable. If we took abortions off the table then people like you would probably start acting responsible. And please for the sake of the next one take the necessary precautions to make sure this doesn't happen again.

As far as me not having fallopian tubes, spare me.

Indeed I will continue with semantics. Its more accurately called 'knowing how to use English appropriately' to make a claim. Your words are clear on this: you consider no other alternative to your perspective as 'valid.' For this, you earn a medal.

Poor language skills are often more than not, a sign of poor thinking skills.

Timeline

Not Hal? :rofl:

I really sympathize with this obsession you have with Hal. I also applaud your masterful posting of this thread. You knew it would get lots of interesting posts.

I really sympathize with this obsession you have with Hal. I also applaud your masterful posting of this thread. You knew it would get lots of interesting posts.

Nothing beats an abortion thread, unless it's a feminism thread. Those are always corkers!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The personal attacks and name calling appearing throughout this thread are violations of TOS. The most recent direct attack has been removed along with the posts quoting it. Acceptable parts of the posts removed are returned to the thread below, however any further posts of similar nature to the removed comments will lead to this thread being closed.

Taking it off the table would just cause people to go underground. Do you really think abortions are a new fad?

Thanks for being judged by you. I feel all warm and tingly and like I need to get knocked up again.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Further posts have been removed. Acceptable part of these posts are returned to the thread below:

It's none of your business why I got pregnant, and it's none of your business why I chose termination. It was the right decision for me and my HUSBAND (note I was married) at the time.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Total BS. I've said before on here that I have had two abortions and I have regretted neither, nor have they brought me any tears. Nor have any of the women I know -- all nice, middle-class women with good jobs and in stable relationships, some with kids -- who also terminated pregnancies felt that they had made a mistake or got emotional about them.

You know what DID mess with my head? I found out in March I was pregnant, and although I wanted a termination, I had a miscarriage before I could get to the point where I could terminate. The physical, emotional and psychological toll that took on me was severe due to the hormonal mess I was in. I was in and out of hospital because doctors thought it might be an ectopic pregnancy. I was furious that even though the result I wanted was the same, my body took the decision away from me. Had I been able to have a termination, I would not have had to undergo the agony that I did. It was one of the worst things that has ever happened to me. Abortions are no picnic, and nothing to throw a celebration over, but I can tell you that the recovery from one is a lot easier to handle than from a miscarriage.

Until you grow a uterus and some fallopian tubes, and take time out of your busy life to do an in-depth study of how women feel post-termination and not just make blanket statements with no back-up, naff off.

I too have witnessed the ongoing effects of abortion.

I started dating someone who turned out to be a serious lib... which I always find interesting though short lived.

SOmehow we got on the subject of abortion,

needless to say she was gung-ho on the right to have one and then out of nowhere she started crying, it kinda surprised me because the conversation wan't intense... in fact we were only a few sentences into the topic. She said she had had one and added "she would be seven now"...

Why the aborted kid was referred to as a "she" I don't know but clearly she had thought about this often.

Then again I knew a friends cousin who had many abortions, she told my friend (her cousin)- it was no different than "getting a tooth pulled".

People relate to life and it potential in different ways, we see this in the way people sacrifice even their own life for strangers

while others, have their very own offspring removed from their womb

one piece at a time.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn