Traditions Way

No Stamp, after AOS interview

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi, Everybody! We just had our AOS interview and I was just wondering if it is normal that they did not stamp my passport and did not take my I94. The guy who interviewed me that background check is not completed yet. Is somebody here has the same situation? thanks

If you're still being name checked, then I'm afraid you haven't been approved yet, so not taking the I-94 and not getting a stamp is normal. You're just going to have to wait now I'm afraid.

in our case, they took the I-94 and did not give us our stamp, either..because we were still in name check. we've been waiting impatiently since then. our interview was june 20.

Edited by dani_christine

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

Yeah ull prolly have to wait for the name check. However in my case I was approved and name check cleared, yet still nothing was stamped on my passport. So its not a big deal.

Edited by Mohsin

****MY MOM'S JOURNEY****

Sponsorship

05/13/2011 Sent I-130 Form for Mother

09/28/2011 NOA2 - I-130approved

10/19/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned

****MY JOURNEY****

Citizenship

06/10/2009 Sent N-400 to TX

07/14/2009 Biometrics Date

09/02/2009 Interview at Mount Laurel Office - verbal approval :)

10/26/2009 Oath Ceremony...Officially a CITIZEN

10/26/2009 Applied for a US Passport

Removing Conditions

06/09/2008 Mailed I-751 Packet, Removal of Conditions on Residence

07/23/2008 Biometrics Done

02/11/2009 Case transferred to CSC

03/23/2009 Case Transferred to Newark, NJ, Awaiting Interview.

06/25/2009 Interview...APPROVED!!!...Never Received 10 year GC

AOS

03/24/2006 Sent AOS Forms (I-130, I-485, I-765)

04/18/2006 Biometrics Processed

05/13/2006 RFE for I-485 processing (need I-864)

06/20/2006 Sent in RFE

07/22/2006 Recieved EAD card

09/06/2006 AOS Interview...APPROVED

09/18/2006 Got my PR Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Yes same here. Never got a stamp after the interview but they took my I-94. No worries tho.After your name check is done you will get the green card

Ana-Romania3dflagsdotcom_roman_2fawm.gif

Kenn-Texas3dflagsdotcom_us_tx_2fawm.gif,United States of America

Please note that im only giving away my personal opinion.My advice is not legal.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You may want to add your info and join this thread with the other folks on here waiting on the infamous FBI name check...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...6694&st=435

*Karen -- Jamaica ....... Courtney -- New Jersey*

09-12-05 - AOS filed

04-21-06 - AOS Interview

04-27-06 - Approval

05-17-06 - Green Card in hand

02-11-08 - File to remove conditions

03-15-08 - Biometrics

03-18-09 - Approved - No interview (Card production ordered)

03-24-09 - 10-year card arrives!

adaf8672.gif

JimminiCricket.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Thank you all guys for all your replies. It seems all of you took their I-94 but mine did not.

You may want to add your info and join this thread with the other folks on here waiting on the infamous FBI name check...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...6694&st=435

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

:no:

All you can do is sit and wait.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Timeline
Some people have reported success calling their local FBI office to get the status of name check.

Would you please point me in the direction of that, not on how to call the FBI, but those that have had success doing so :)

From what I've found in searches they will no longer accept calls and take approx 5 months to reply to emails.

I don't recall where the posts were, but I do recall that some reported success finding out if their name check had passed, some others tried it and reported failure. Feel free not to believe me, I can't be bothered to search for the posts, they may have been on another forum.

Just like USCIS, some have reported success in finding out if their name check had passed through Infopass, others were told "we don't give out that info".

How's that for consistency?

Timeline
I don't recall where the posts were, but I do recall that some reported success finding out if their name check had passed, some others tried it and reported failure. Feel free not to believe me, I can't be bothered to search for the posts, they may have been on another forum.

Just like USCIS, some have reported success in finding out if their name check had passed through Infopass, others were told "we don't give out that info".

How's that for consistency?

It's as clear as mud :D

I had seen that too on old posts on another board, but it seems like it is no longer the case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I can't find your timeline so don't know when you had your interview. Our interviewer told us that the name check will take 3 or 4 weeks (we got our biometrics done the same day) and then "I will decide to approve or not." So, its quite normal to neither get the stamp and not have your I94 removed! (One of my wife's friend also had an interview 2 weeks ago and no stamp and no I94 removal for her either (she had her biometrics done 3 weeks prior to the interview.)

We received the approval email after 7 weeks and the green card after 8 weeks. So have patience and then you can do an infopass (there are many stuck in name check for months and years but don't assume you are one of them till at least a few weeks (say 8 or 10) have passed.) Good Luck

Edited by motu

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.