Bad_Daddy

Clashes between Muslims, Christians kill 5 in Cairo

38 posts in this topic

Do a "google" on Martin Luther and then read his views on Jews. Hitler was a big fan of Martin Luther.

That's covered in the book as well; Luther did make statements about Jews

that were not appropriate for a religious leader late in his life when he was

in a very unstable state due to his physical condition at the end of his life.

He didn't limit his ravings to Jews in fact.

Naturally Hitler used any excuse he could muster.

Metaxis said that if you compare the great body of Luther's work with

those specific statements, they make no sense at all.

Bonhoeffer was troubled by this, but his message was NOT to follow

the words of Luther or anyone else, but the teachings of the Bible

which Luther DID emphasize in his most important work.

What Luther said that Hitler picked up on WAS covered in the

book but that didn't change Bonhoeffer's mission which was to

save the Jews that he could and bring their plight to the world.

Bonhoeffer's twin sister Sabine was married to a Jewish man

and he was very close with him.

The author's conclusion was that yes, Luther did make

insulting statements toward Jews but that didn't make

him a racist. He did in fact insult many individuals and

groups because he was in a sorry physical state and it

affected his judgment.

I don't think the same can be said of Hitler.

The book was not about Luther, but about the Germans

that were conscientious enough to resist Hitler when

a whisper could result in a brutal death.

It did in the end for Detrich Bonhoeffer.

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

IMO Mormonism is a cult and not a religion....so yeah I'd never vote for someone who was mormon. I think a fairly high percentage of Americans would agree with this hence Romney has very little chance.

All religions have ridiculous elements, not sure why you would single out Mormons.

Take religion out of the world, and we would have no wars. In the dark ages the Christian church committed horrendous crimes on humanity in the name of God, and now it's the Islamic crowd in the name of Allah. Same difference. The founding fathers of our great nation wanted the separation of religion and politics, which was a wise move, yet we only have to look at our presidential races in order to see the confrontation between a Christian minister, a practicing Mormon, and a guy they suspected to be a Muslim before they accused him of being not even an American.

If I had a say in this, no question or statement about a candidate's religion would be allowed. Any candidate who brings up religion in any way, form or shape is immediately disqualified for the job based on violating what the founding fathers found so essential for a free country.

I believe there would be wars in a world without religion. In the end we all have to contend with human nature which is vulnerable to power and money.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Take religion out of the world, and we would have no wars. In the dark ages the Christian church committed horrendous crimes on humanity in the name of God, and now it's the Islamic crowd in the name of Allah. Same difference. The founding fathers of our great nation wanted the separation of religion and politics, which was a wise move, yet we only have to look at our presidential races in order to see the confrontation between a Christian minister, a practicing Mormon, and a guy they suspected to be a Muslim before they accused him of being not even an American.

- Communism has not only had it's share of wars but the victims of their ideology are many many many times that of the dark ages.

-The Separation of religion and politics was not nearly as separated as you imagine... if so why did Congress Print Bibles as one of it's first acts?

-Truth is, the vast majority of wars are not "over religion" in fact very few are.

Of all the great wars we have had in the last century.... name me the ones over religion?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

All religions have ridiculous elements, not sure why you would single out Mormons.

Not just Mormons, I also included Scientology. Both have clear distinctions between say a religion like Islam or Christianity.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

bump

Thanks didn't see your question,

Within the temple there is basically a secluded location that most followers are not allowed into. This in and of itself isn't odd, as most religions have this sort of sacred space. However, a mormon coworker of mine was describing it to me and they basically take their clothes off, put on white sheets and then take blood oaths (I think after the 80s the blood part is no longer present) he mentioned one where they pretend to slit their throats. All of this he was told not to repeat outside the church.

He was also a Free Mason and mentioned that many of the rituals performed were related.

Within the temple there is basically a secluded location that most followers are not allowed into.

However, a mormon coworker of mine was describing it to me and they basically take their clothes off, put on white sheets All of this he was told not to repeat outside the church.

Well, if it's anything like this...Been there done that but don't remember much after the black-out. :whistle:

toga.jpg

Seriously, :yes: Thanks for the info. :)

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How do you know there even was a dark ages?

:whistle:

Because we know that there were a few hundred years of missing history and instability following the decline of the Roman Empire?

Edited by fishdude