Brad and Vika

Interesting Article on Scams in FSU

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The ones being scammed in these cases are probably not playing with a full deck in the first place :wacko: Thats why I kind of feel bad for them. I think most Americans are already cautious of FSU scams. Thats why you can see a lot of scamming going on in other regional sections of this board :rofl:

Someone is blantly asking about how much money should they be receiving during the waiting process :thumbs:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/308710-did-he-ever-give-money/

:o

Yes they tend to be lured to certain regions of the earth distant from the FSU :lol: What is even funnier is the answers!

try to imagine an FSU woman coming to this forum and asking the same question. What might the answers be? I said..."try" to imagine.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I think in many cases, loneliness or desperation gets confused for love.

Or stupidity. Stupidity can pretty much overrule anything else. Howe many FSU women posting here would be attracted to a man that said he hads been scammed by a phoney internet "woman". Deal breaker or not? :lol:

her thought would be "Bozhia Moy! Zees guy eez so stoo-peed he veel throw out all our money"

Gary And Alla

Timeline

what frightens me about the Phillipines forum is that it seems like you have to support the entire family once you marry the girl. :blink:

:whistle:

They also seem to be disproportionately represented in the "crash and burn" forum whereas you almost never see a "flag" from the FSU in there.

That could be because of the superior quality of the FSU woman OR it could be that FSU women are not attracted to men that run and tell everyone else of their problems :crying: and they just quietly GO AWAY. Such men would be someone they could crush under their spike heels and simply not attactive at all.

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We had a member with a fiance' from YO too. Looked looked he was taken in pretty well. Then her ex found him on vj, and all kinds of stalking and other fun ensued.

In court they call what you say as hearsay. There are stories and story tellers...some of immense talent in spinning yarns. None of us knows the truth here. We only hear stories. Many true, some pure Bull.

Everyone here should take everything said with a big grain of salt.

Scam capitals? Simferopol was so scam laden that several online darting services flagged all girls from that city.

In court they call what you say as hearsay. There are stories and story tellers...some of immense talent in spinning yarns. None of us knows the truth here. We only hear stories. Many true, some pure Bull.

Everyone here should take everything said with a big grain of salt.

Scam capitals? Simferopol was so scam laden that several online darting services flagged all girls from that city.

I was making reference to a pretty well known member of yore :lol: Looking back at my post (or looking looking), it wasn't very clear what I was saying though. I also talk to vjers pretty often, and I am surprised how many times I talk to some one who sends lots of money but never met their SO, or was kept away from family or friends of the SO. Both are signs of POSSIBLE problems, at least where Ukraine is concerned. The mcat saga is the most disturbing I can recall from vj.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I was making reference to a pretty well known member of yore :lol: Looking back at my post (or looking looking), it wasn't very clear what I was saying though. I also talk to vjers pretty often, and I am surprised how many times I talk to some one who sends lots of money but never met their SO, or was kept away from family or friends of the SO. Both are signs of POSSIBLE problems, at least where Ukraine is concerned. The mcat saga is the most disturbing I can recall from vj.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/259145-wife-on-k1-contesting-divorce/

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Looking back, I truly believe MCat was purely a phoney. At first I think all of us "fell for it" and really tried to offer the guy good advice and then, one by one, everyone started to realize it was like a B movie script. "Invasion of the Hot Ukrainian Strippers" or something that would be on late night cable TV.

Maybe he thought this was one of those write your own story forums or Penthouse kept rejecting his submissions or something. Or he was just pulling our chain.

But yes, there have been a couple I spoke with also that I just wanted to "shake" so to speak, they were sending bundles of money for the most unimaginable things. I have yet to see one of those situations turn out well.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I always told him to back to his mother.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

If you peeps ever see a hard luck thread by me in regards to my wife left me, cheating...some bs...you can bet ur arses that it will be followed up by a "I found myself an 18 year old RUB deaf mute hottie gymnast". :yes:

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Baiting post has been removed, edited and reposted with the bait removed. Any further baiting of this nature will lead to administrative action. To paraphrase this forum, "A man strong enough for an FSU woman knows when to cut out inappropriate behaviour and behave".

We are a pretty direct bunch here so we basically tell them to run, that she is a phoney, a scam, a fake. They are pretty obvious, really. Those of us actually married to and engaged to real FSU women can spot phonies because they say and do things our wives would never do. Those of us who have actually spent a lot of time in the FSU know these things.

So we try to pass on our knowledge to help someone with a problem.

They are not for beginners.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Looking back, I truly believe MCat was purely a phoney. At first I think all of us "fell for it" and really tried to offer the guy good advice and then, one by one, everyone started to realize it was like a B movie script. "Invasion of the Hot Ukrainian Strippers" or something that would be on late night cable TV.

Maybe he thought this was one of those write your own story forums or Penthouse kept rejecting his submissions or something. Or he was just pulling our chain.

But yes, there have been a couple I spoke with also that I just wanted to "shake" so to speak, they were sending bundles of money for the most unimaginable things. I have yet to see one of those situations turn out well.

The trouble I had with all of it was that mcat would post up that crazy story for all the newbies to read, then mash the report button to have all the advice removed if he was insulted. The guy is/was very thin skinned, but very skilled at getting mods to regulate the negatives he read. Ultimately he usually asked for threads to be removed - so the ugly story was remembered, but the constructive advice was all lost.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Some of you ol' timers might remember AKDiver, whose wife came to the US and got a job at a bank. After a few months, INTERPOL came and raided their house, arrested her, and hauled her off to jail. Seems she'd stolen several hundred thousand dollars from the bank she worked at back home and was fixing to do the same thing at the bank she worked at now. He went on to post that she'd had several husbands in different countries and whenever she'd pull a bank job, she'd move on to the next husband.

I forget the specifics, but she'd pulled something like three or four jobs and was a multi-millionaire. AKDiver was hauled in as well and suspected of aiding her.. then released for lack of evidence.

It was an awesome story and went on for like three pages... and then he posted it was all a hoax.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

It was an awesome story and went on for like three pages... and then he posted it was all a hoax.

:lol: Is it still archived here?

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Some of you ol' timers might remember AKDiver, whose wife came to the US and got a job at a bank. After a few months, INTERPOL came and raided their house, arrested her, and hauled her off to jail. Seems she'd stolen several hundred thousand dollars from the bank she worked at back home and was fixing to do the same thing at the bank she worked at now. He went on to post that she'd had several husbands in different countries and whenever she'd pull a bank job, she'd move on to the next husband.

I forget the specifics, but she'd pulled something like three or four jobs and was a multi-millionaire. AKDiver was hauled in as well and suspected of aiding her.. then released for lack of evidence.

Gosh, I remember AKDiver well. He was applying for a visa about the same time I was with my first fiancee. I do remember him asking about how she could bring either $ 50,000 or $ 150,000 with her safely when she came but missed the follow up story on that one. That is a real shocker. Heck, he probably thought he had stuck it rich with all the money she brought but I am sure it was a shocker for him when the police arrived and pulled them in.

Going back to the topic, I think you can find scammers anywhere and good girls anywhere including Y-O but personally I would be a little careful of Y-O. I was scammed a few times in my search. I think if someone follows the rule of never sending money to someone you haven't met it will help a lot and if you do meet and things don't seem right they probably are not. Always have a backup plan when you go for a first meeting and don't be afraid to use it. If a girl has you in the shopping mall looking at $ 400.00 shoes an hour after you arrive dump her right away.

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with helping a little if you are doing a K-1. My wife never asked for anything until we were in the later stages of our visa application when the place she was working for shut down. She offered to find another job and I told her not to so we could travel together and spend more time together. She was fine with finding another job had I prefered not to help her but it made more sense since we only had a few months left for me just to help. She was during all stages of our relationship one of the most frugal women I have ever met.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.