Veiled Princess

Not another religious thread!!!

417 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

seriously? I thought that was a spawn of satan.

no, but maybe you are................ :devil:

mmmmm.... maybe. hw would one know though?? I mean.. my name isnt Damien or anythign like that.

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

omg chill the fukc out.. ####### is wrong wit u samir_shannon..

the question is what is wrong with you?

shh..

for a moment, stop thinking with your ovaries please... im not defending VP, but u started this shite stirring.. with the baby jesus stuff.. any person would know she didnt write that, it's the church who blocks bandwith use with funny messages.. geeze..

and to all people in this thread, u better chill the fukc out, or im gonna answer every freakin post with stfu

funny_owl_13.jpg

Orly.gif

LMAO :lol::lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
JP are you marrying a muslim?

NO, I am marrying a Jordanian Christian, like myself!

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

wahahahahah got pwned by lisad!!!!!

zomgwtfbbq!!

ORLY?! well, this is gonna turn into an Orly owl battle!!

orly-yarly.gif

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

16.125 Invite all to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: For your Lord knows best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.

I haven't said this because, well, even I am sometimes suseptible to political correctness. But it is getting hard to hold this back. Shannon, I don't know what's going one between you and Samir, but it doesn't make for a happy marriage. I do marriage counseling seminars for interfaith couples; I have for years. And while you and Samir are by no means the first couple I've seen where one or the other is highly insensitive to the others religion, these couples do not tend to last.

I will tell you from my experience, and remember, I was married to a Christian for nearly 30 years. It take lots of confidence, sensitivity, flexibility and respect to be in an interfaith marriage. People handle them one of two ways:

They lie about how they feel and what they do, or

They don't lie about what they feel and what they do.

This becomes even more pronounced once the couple, if they stay married long enough, have a child. I have known non-Muslim wives to have their children christened and baptized behind their husband's back after swearing they would not. Either way, if you cannot moderate your views to preserve the relationship, you will divorce or one of you will convert. It is a rare practicing Muslim who will allow their children to be raised as non-Muslim.

We have a family friend, a party guy, who married a Christian girl, came to the US full of love. Suddenly, presented with the relative decadence and hedonism of the secular west, he began to pray and grew a beard. Then, he refused to have children with his wife unless she converted. I recently learned that they have separated and plan to divorce. He has moved clear across the country alone. This is all within 3 years of their marriage.

10:99-100 If it had been your Lord's will, they would all have believed, all who are on earth! will you then compel mankind, against their will, to believe! No soul can believe, except by the will of God, and He will place doubt or obscurity on those who will not understand.

I don't know Samir and I have no idea how devoted he is to Islam. If he is a practicing Muslim, he will have a breaking point. You are certainly not required to convert, but while you may think you know that Samir will put up with your opinions that, know it or not, demean his faith, the proof will be in the pudding when you actually live together. Many Muslims have never even met a non-Muslim or spent much time with any. Middle Easterners go out of their way to be polite and not speak of religion in mixed company to avoid conflict, so the chances that he has had much experience with opinionated non-Muslims is not high. Also, if he wants to hang among other Muslims in the US, your demeanor will become an issue.

5.48 To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what God hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to the e. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If God had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to God; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute

I have been in an interfaith marriage, so I have some understanding of how difficult and how rewarding they can be. However, I don't understand the psychology of a Muslim who would marry someone who is so rude to his/her religion, but the first thing that comes to mind is that he/she would be using you to immigrate. In your case, that is something for time to tell. As I said, you are not the first couple that I have seen with this dynamic. It leaves us scratching our heads, especially in the case of one couple we know who each hate and diminish the others religion and its adherents, but swear undying love for each other. They are still apart and none of us want to be around when they finally get together!

49.13 O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of God is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And God has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

None of what I have said is intended to be insulting, only advice. Insha'allah, you will take it in the spirit it has been offered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

lol.. JP... like it would make a difference!

well, really i guess it doesnt matter. long as you love one another.

Well it matters in my family and my culture. Its not accepted in our culture to do that.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
16.125 Invite all to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: For your Lord knows best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.

I haven't said this because, well, even I am sometimes suseptible to political correctness. But it is getting hard to hold this back. Shannon, I don't know what's going one between you and Samir, but it doesn't make for a happy marriage. I do marriage counseling seminars for interfaith couples; I have for years. And while you and Samir are by no means the first couple I've seen where one or the other is highly insensitive to the others religion, these couples do not tend to last.

I will tell you from my experience, and remember, I was married to a Christian for nearly 30 years. It take lots of confidence, sensitivity, flexibility and respect to be in an interfaith marriage. People handle them one of two ways:

This becomes even more pronounced once the couple, if they stay married long enough, have a child. I have known non-Muslim wives to have their children christened and baptized behind their husband's back after swearing they would not. Either way, if you cannot moderate your views to preserve the relationship, you will divorce or one of you will convert. It is a rare practicing Muslim who will allow their children to be raised as non-Muslim.

We have a family friend, a party guy, who married a Christian girl, came to the US full of love. Suddenly, presented with the relative decadence and hedonism of the secular west, he began to pray and grew a beard. Then, he refused to have children with his wife unless she converted. I recently learned that they have separated and plan to divorce. He has moved clear across the country alone. This is all within 3 years of their marriage.

10:99-100 If it had been your Lord's will, they would all have believed, all who are on earth! will you then compel mankind, against their will, to believe! No soul can believe, except by the will of God, and He will place doubt or obscurity on those who will not understand.

I don't know Samir and I have no idea how devoted he is to Islam. If he is a practicing Muslim, he will have a breaking point. You are certainly not required to convert, but while you may think you know that Samir will put up with your opinions that, know it or not, demean his faith, the proof will be in the pudding when you actually live together. Many Muslims have never even met a non-Muslim or spent much time with any. Middle Easterners go out of their way to be polite and not speak of religion in mixed company to avoid conflict, so the chances that he has had much experience with opinionated non-Muslims is not high. Also, if he wants to hang among other Muslims in the US, your demeanor will become an issue.

5.48 To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what God hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to the e. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If God had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to God; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute

I have been in an interfaith marriage, so I have some understanding of how difficult and how rewarding they can be. However, I don't understand the psychology of a Muslim who would marry someone who is so rude to his/her religion, but the first thing that comes to mind is that he/she would be using you to immigrate. In your case, that is something for time to tell. As I said, you are not the first couple that I have seen with this dynamic. It leaves us scratching our heads, especially in the case of one couple we know who each hate and diminish the others religion and its adherents, but swear undying love for each other. They are still apart and none of us want to be around when they finally get together!

49.13 O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of God is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And God has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

None of what I have said is intended to be insulting, only advice. Insha'allah, you will take it in the spirit it has been offered.

Szsz, the same concept has been explained to her many times. It is labeled as "attacking and judging my relationship".

Allahu Allem.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

err.. someone is supposed to answer my YA RLY...

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

first of all samir is a practicing muslim and second of all I AM NOT INSENSITIVE TO HIS RELIGION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been with him for 3 years! dont you think if i was insensitive he would know it by now?

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif