akiena_eudocia

2 UIDs HELP!!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was trying to schedule online, I went to the immigrant visa appointment

clicked Schedule an appointment button and answered the questions they had there, I was able print out my confirmation sheet with 500XXXXX UID number.

Then, I went back to the homepage and saw the K-Visa Appointment Scheduling, thinking that I might have gone to the wrong section, I did the K-visa appointment this time and I was able to get an appointment,too. When I printed the confirmation sheet, the UID is different from the first one, it is now 100XXXXX.

What to do? I called their hotline and they said that I was able to obtain 2 appointments, one for immigrant and one for K1. They said they will try to cancel the K1 because "fiance visa is processed under immigrant visa", they just told me to wait. If the hotline won't know what to do about it, is there anyone here who could help?

Please..

I'm getting worried about it.

Timeline

I was trying to schedule online, I went to the immigrant visa appointment

clicked Schedule an appointment button and answered the questions they had there, I was able print out my confirmation sheet with 500XXXXX UID number.

Then, I went back to the homepage and saw the K-Visa Appointment Scheduling, thinking that I might have gone to the wrong section, I did the K-visa appointment this time and I was able to get an appointment,too. When I printed the confirmation sheet, the UID is different from the first one, it is now 100XXXXX.

What to do? I called their hotline and they said that I was able to obtain 2 appointments, one for immigrant and one for K1. They said they will try to cancel the K1 because "fiance visa is processed under immigrant visa", they just told me to wait. If the hotline won't know what to do about it, is there anyone here who could help?

Please..

I'm getting worried about it.

This is what I did:

1. Go to this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com//

2. Select the Philippines for the Country pull-down menu.

3. Do not go to the non-immigrant section. Instead, go to the "Immigrant Visas" section and click on "Applying for an Immigration Visa Appointment".

4. From the Immigrant Visa Appointment page, do not click on "Schedule an Appointment". Instead, look further down and click on "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling".

5. From this page, you enter your passport number, case number, payment date, birthdate, and create a password.

6. The next page asks for passport issuance date and experiation date. It also asks for the address to send your passport to after receiving visa. You need to know City, State/Province, and ZIPCODE.

7. After entering the required info, your name goes to a list and your asked if you want to add another applicant. If including a child with K2, select yes.

8. Go through the same process again entering in the information for the child.

9. Here's the tricky part. If something goes wrong and you exit the site but you haven't created the schedule yet, you can't start over again the same way. After the payment date with passport number has been used once, you can't use it again. Instead, you have to go back to the "Applying for an Immigration Visa Appointment" page again. This time you do select the "Schedule an Appointment" link and not the "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling" link. From here, you can re-enter the beneficieries info and add other applicants for the K2 children.

10. After all applicants are entered, you select them all with the check boxes, and select to set an appointment. Make sure all applicants are selected.

11. Now you just select the date you want and the time. It sets all applicants the same.

12. Last, you can download a PDF file for the appointment letters for each applicant.

My UID starts with 5000XXXX :)

Timeline

If I do that, will it automatically cancel out the other UID? Because I have 2 confirmation sheets right now. I printed both and I'm getting anxious on which one is the right one, and how to cancel the other one.

All the while I was thinking that the UID will be the same despite using the Schedule an appointment or K appointment Scheduling.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.