Ian&Julia

evidence of meeting,suggestions

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

We are about to file our petition. We are finishing the intial I129-f, in regards to question 18 , evidence of having met in the past 2 years. :

We have emails confirming airline reservations, and emails confirming amtrak reservations, and boarding passes for Amtrak with our names, and photos of the trip. AS well as 1 passport stamp each in our passports,hers to USA,,mine in Holland corresponding to the emails(our flight), we Dont have airline boarding passes for that trip.

We would like to include a further piece of primary evidence,

we are currently together and like any suggestions of what we could do to get some good evidence of us together, today.

we are in France, could we get a U.S. consulate to sign a paper that we are both together ?? would they bother or is it too much? any suggestions greatly appreciated

AOS

May 7th, 2012 package sent

May 9th, 2012 received usps delivery confirmation

May 10th 2012 EAD accepted

May 11th 2012. AOS accepted

May 14th 2012 received text notification

May 17th 2012 NOA 485 & 765 Hard copy received

May 19th 2012 biometrics letter received

June 13th 2012 biometrics appointment

June 14th 2012 case transferred to CSC

July 20th 2012 EAD card in production

July 28th 2012 EAD in Hand, ! !

February 8th 2013 GREENCARD received by mail ! !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all,

We are about to file our petition. We are finishing the intial I129-f, in regards to question 18 , evidence of having met in the past 2 years. :

We have emails confirming airline reservations, and emails confirming amtrak reservations, and boarding passes for Amtrak with our names, and photos of the trip. AS well as 1 passport stamp each in our passports,hers to USA,,mine in Holland corresponding to the emails(our flight), we Dont have airline boarding passes for that trip.

We would like to include a further piece of primary evidence,

we are currently together and like any suggestions of what we could do to get some good evidence of us together, today.

we are in France, could we get a U.S. consulate to sign a paper that we are both together ?? would they bother or is it too much? any suggestions greatly appreciated

Why need evidence of "that" trip, what about the current trip?

Your over thinking it... The evidence of meeting requirement is quite easy to meet and I would say you have done so already.

FWIW, The Consulate would not sign such a paper. You could always have someone take a photo of you holding a dated newspaper... While it is secondary evidence, it supports your passport stamp date into Holland.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Agreed! Make sure you copy both of your current baording passes ans hotel receipts with both your names and submit. It seems you have met all the requirements. Take plenty of pictures of both of you around identifiable landmarks and you will be just fine. Good luck to you!!! :thumbs:

Wow thanks for the quick responses!! Maybe I should clarify, non-USC is slovak but lives in france, we live in an apartment so no hotels and i entered the EU in holland only on the last trip and have stayed, with no boarding pass evidence, long gone:(.... our focus on the last trip is because it is the only primary evidence we have...

We thought about photos with dated newspapers, as there have been a couple of big news stories recently-- easily identifiable as to time period,

should we send some bank/credit card records?

thanks again!! we will be sure to include our landmark photos and get a newspaper and add that in for good measure

AOS

May 7th, 2012 package sent

May 9th, 2012 received usps delivery confirmation

May 10th 2012 EAD accepted

May 11th 2012. AOS accepted

May 14th 2012 received text notification

May 17th 2012 NOA 485 & 765 Hard copy received

May 19th 2012 biometrics letter received

June 13th 2012 biometrics appointment

June 14th 2012 case transferred to CSC

July 20th 2012 EAD card in production

July 28th 2012 EAD in Hand, ! !

February 8th 2013 GREENCARD received by mail ! !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Wow thanks for the quick responses!! Maybe I should clarify, non-USC is slovak but lives in france, we live in an apartment so no hotels and i entered the EU in holland only on the last trip and have stayed, with no boarding pass evidence, long gone:(.... our focus on the last trip is because it is the only primary evidence we have...

We thought about photos with dated newspapers, as there have been a couple of big news stories recently-- easily identifiable as to time period,

should we send some bank/credit card records?

thanks again!! we will be sure to include our landmark photos and get a newspaper and add that in for good measure

I doubt the consulate will sign anything for you. It may even back fire because some will see it as staging. that's why people don't take pictures with the news paper to prove they were there. the evidence(amtrac boarding pass, airlines res. with names) you have should be more then sufficient.

Edited by clarence954

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Is the apartment lease in both your names? Any utilities? U can have friends and family write letters saying that you guys are living together and indeed engaged. We did this and had no problems

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

3/31/2011 NOA2!!(189 days)

6/06/2011 Interview Approved

AOS

7/29/2011 AOS and EAD sent by USPS

8/01/2011 NOA date

8/15/2011 Biometrics walk in (appointment for 8/29)

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

10/18/2011 Interview Green Card Approved

10/28/2011 Green Card in hand :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.