yuenyy

Anyone experiencing delays from Montreal?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My apologies in advance if this is in the wrong forum...it's my first post :)

Getting frustrated and annoyed with Montreal Consulate.

We received the NOA from UCIS on February 4, 2011, the file was sent to Montreal on February 14, 2011 and I am STILL waiting for the packet 3. Is this normal?

It's been almost 3 months and still nothing! We emailed requesting for a status update and received a response a month later to just say that the case is still being processed. Is the packet 3 mailed to me? or do I just complete forms that are available online?

Anyone else experiencing delays from the US consulate in Montreal? Our original application was submitted beginning of August 2010.

What a frustrating process...

Any help/answers would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We received the NOA from UCIS on February 4, 2011, the file was sent to Montreal on February 14, 2011 and I am STILL waiting for the packet 3. Is this normal?

It's been almost 3 months and still nothing! We emailed requesting for a status update and received a response a month later to just say that the case is still being processed. Is the packet 3 mailed to me? or do I just complete forms that are available online?

Anyone else experiencing delays from the US consulate in Montreal? Our original application was submitted beginning of August 2010.

Thanks in advance.

I feel for you!! I wish I had an answer for you but no one seems to really know what's going on there. From what I'm reading it seems everyone is experiencing a lot of frustration with the lack of communication from Montreal. I know they aren't booking interviews right now either. I'm not an expert by any means but I would think that if you haven't been contacted or received the P3 by now I would suggest the petitioner contact his Congressman for help. Not being able to call the Consulate or even get a timely response to an email question is adding a ton of unnecessary stress.. it's unacceptable in my opinion. They must be experiencing some kind of staff shortage or something but wow, send a generic notice out or something!!!

Good luck! I hope you hear something soon! Hang in there and try not to let the stress get to you. :-)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You won't get any answers from Montreal, people never do.

Call the department of state they will ave some info for you.

Have your number from your NOA2 of your case number from Montreal if you have it.

If you don't have your case number DOS can give it to you.

They can also tell you if your case has been received by Montreal and when your P3 is sent.

Basically you call DOS for case updates for everything.

The number is 202-663-1225

Find out if your P3 has been sent. You don't have to wait for it to arrive to you to send your forms back.

You just have to MAKE SURE they have sent it to you first.

Thats what alot of us did and it put us a little ahead of the game.

I had my interview last week and I'm now just waiting for my Visa.

Scroll down and look for the Canada forums, there is a ton of info in there that may help you.

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Interview - April 28/11 - Approved

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

AOS/EAD/AP Sent - July 5/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

EAD/AP approved Sept 14/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks in advance.

Hi there :)

I feel your pain and I strongly advise you to call DoS ASAP. They have access to the foreign consulate's databases. From the moment your case is transferred to Montreal, you can only get updates through DoS.

If DoS tells you Montreal mailed your Packet 3, go ahead by all means and mail all your according forms and paperwork to them right now. You don't need the actual letter from them to mail your stuff it just needs to be logged as "sent" in their system so they can accept it. I never received my Packet 3 by mail either. I mailed my paperwork when DoS told me Packet 3 was logged and I had no problem with this.

All the instructions are online here : http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/content/content.asp?section=visas&document=visa_pkt3

If you have further questions regarding Montreal, you will find great answers and advice on the Canadian regional forum. All the process has been discussed/questioned/answered in great lengths :)

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Hmmm.. I'm having problems with Montreal but with regards to booking an appoitment. My petition was approved late January, and sent to montreal. That only took about a month, i got my package 3 by beginning of March. Then was stupid, and since i was busy with work and traveling, waited until the end of the month to send my documents. I got Packet 4 in a matter of two weeks.. but by then they had closed the system for interviews... Which i had sent out my documents the week i got packet 3 now... :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmmm.. I'm having problems with Montreal but with regards to booking an appoitment. My petition was approved late January, and sent to montreal. That only took about a month, i got my package 3 by beginning of March. Then was stupid, and since i was busy with work and traveling, waited until the end of the month to send my documents. I got Packet 4 in a matter of two weeks.. but by then they had closed the system for interviews... Which i had sent out my documents the week i got packet 3 now... :(

Keep trying, alot of people are finding it impossible to book an interview in Montreal right now but I have read a posts of people saying they kept refreshing the page and got lucky and got an interview.

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Interview - April 28/11 - Approved

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

AOS/EAD/AP Sent - July 5/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

EAD/AP approved Sept 14/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks so much for all your responses. I will have my fiance call the DOS first thing tomorrow morning.

Our NOA (I-797) stated that our Approval Notice was valid from Feb 4, 2011 - June 4, 2011.

If we do not have our interview by June 4, 2011 (which will likely happen), what do i need to do to extend this expiry date?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.