qianwen

Affidavit of support - employment details while working abroad?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I am a US citizen living and working in Canada. My employer might be sending me to its US office in a few months.

I do not yet have any formal job offer or documents about the transfer but I will be paid more than in my current job and the income level is not a concern.

For the I-134 affidavit of support, is it sufficient to put my current Canadian employment details, perhaps with a note that I will be employed in the US with the same company? I could include a copy of my 2010 Canadian and US tax returns if that helps.

Would including info about the assets in my Canadian bank accounts help? (I can transfer them to a US bank account but would prefer not to do that until I move).

Thank you and appreciate the advice.

Hi,

I am a US citizen living and working in Canada. My employer might be sending me to its US office in a few months.

I do not yet have any formal job offer or documents about the transfer but I will be paid more than in my current job and the income level is not a concern.

For the I-134 affidavit of support, is it sufficient to put my current Canadian employment details, perhaps with a note that I will be employed in the US with the same company? I could include a copy of my 2010 Canadian and US tax returns if that helps.

Would including info about the assets in my Canadian bank accounts help? (I can transfer them to a US bank account but would prefer not to do that until I move).

Thank you and appreciate the advice.

Its purely about your financial situation and whether you will be able to support the beneficiary in the US, not the country where you are getting your money from.

Is this I-134 for a I-129F K-1 petition? If thats the case then you would only have to send the I-134 to your foreign fiance closer to the time of their interview. So at the time you fill out the I-134 and supporting documents your situation could be different if by that time you are in the US.

Good luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have the same question! I've been out of the USA for 3 1/2 years... the last 6 months I have been un-employed because I am in Brazil with my fiance who is supporting me. I've been on tourist visas and I'm pregnant, so I'm not able to work here. Before Brazil, I was in NZ but only worked part-time at the YMCA. I'm moving back to the USA in 2 weeks, but will be 7months pregnant so I won't be working until several months after the baby is born. Meanwhile - my fiance's NOA2 should come through and we will need to prepare for his interview and get the affidavit of support. I'm so afraid that we will be denied for in-sufficiant funds! My parents will sponsor us, but will that be enough? Any advice or suggestions?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.