umer8566

HELP ABOUT POLICE CLEARANCE

6 posts in this topic

I just went through all this in Thunder Bay. The run around from the RCMP, to the OPP to finally finding my answers at the local city police. They will do all the fingerprints and search...but I was told it would take 8 months! They are swamped with searches at the moment. I was shocked and then panicked...what to do?!! Luckily, I called to see if the RCMP would at least do my fingerprinting and the knowledgeable receptionist sent me to a local agency that does electronic fingerprinting and searches. I got in right away, she did an FBI check within minutes and told me the Canadian one would take 3-5 business days. She called me an hour later, laughing, saying she got my report back already and had put it in the mail. woohoo! One more thing off my now shrinking checklist and one less stress.

Check the yellow pages and find a reputable, licensed agency...maybe call your local RCMP detachment to find one. Good Luck!

K1:
06-30-10 : I129F Sent
09-10-11 : POE
10-15-11 : Wedding <3

AOS Journey:
11-07-11 : AOS Sent
02-21-12 : AOS APPROVED!!
03-01-12 : Green Card in hand!!

ROC:

APPROVED April 1, 2014

No April Fool here!!

I called the RCMP and they recommended an agency. I'm sure there are several private agencies in Toronto. I didn't look in the phone book so not sure how they are listed.

K1:

AOS Journey:

ROC:

APPROVED April 1, 2014

No April Fool here!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

A police certificate from a private agency like Commissionaires etc. would be accepted as well? Sorry, seems to be a silly question but I haven't seen many people state that they used a 3rd party agency. Just wanted to make sure! I'd go with the faster option myself!

Thanks again!

It was called NCI Services. She was very knowledgeable and had done many. She even submitted an FBI search / clearance, though I told her they'd probably want to fingerprint me themselves at the Embassy for verification. The fees were a bit higher than the local police but worth it.

I just found this link: http://www.nciservices.ca/

K1:

AOS Journey:

ROC:

APPROVED April 1, 2014

No April Fool here!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.