extremerecluse

Beware if you travel alone to the Philippines

144 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for insinuating low moral character of a city's inhabitants and member thread banned.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Let's face it.

The "best" some people can ever be is "master-baiters"! :whistle:

:rofl:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

one post removed for insinuating low moral character of a city's inhabitants and member thread banned.

:thumbs:

(procrastinated)
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)

awards.gif

:lol:

(procrastinated)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The very last time i was in the Philippines in March 2011, I had a security guard try to do that too. My cell does not work there either and I did not have my honey's cell number memorized as I called her on Skype always. He didn't try to make me buy a sim card but was going to try to call her on his cell. i told him forget it, I've met her here 3 times before without a problem and just walked away and ignored whatever else he was saying to me. I met her as always and she saw the 6'1" 250 pound kano long before i saw the 5'0" pinay in the sea of faces outside! laughing.gif

The very first time I went, I booked a week at a resort in Cebu and we flew there from manila. Once there, we had a helpful civilian find us a metered taxi and then proceed to ask me for $20. Like an idiot, I gave it to him before my fiancée could stop me, and she read him the riot act in Tagalog or Cebuana. Didn't help. She did the same then another taxi driver took us all over Mactan island trying to find the resort and thinking my fiancée and I would not notice. He got no tip and she paid only what we paid the other taxi drivers for the same ride. I just acted like I could not understand his English and we walked into the resort. I always give her my wallet and let her pay and believe me, she ALWAYS gets a better deal than I would.

Filed: Timeline

We have a friend that on his first visit took a cab from the airport. The driver insisted the meter was reading in USD, not PHP, because it was an airport taxi. My friend was prepared to pay the full amount in dollars plus tip, but luckily his future wife pushed him out of the cab, and threw the correct fair in pesos at the cabbie.

Edited by Some Old Guy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I landed in Manila I was totally lost, been up for 24 hours. I went outside finally. A man approached me with a Uniform. I thought, oh shi..e.. I put my bag down and pulled Mav's cell phone # from my wallet. He politely called and she was at a gate under Alphabetic Order.(I never knew that) He reached down and picked-up my carry bag, I immediately grabbbed it back. That 150 foot walk seemed like a Mile because I was watching every move he made and what was around me. Well, there was Mav and her sisters waiting. Mav took care of everything during my 2 week stay. Because I did'nt know Jack Shee__t about the Philipphines. However, At my Departure from MNL I did'nt get as far as the curb and a Guard approached me. There was a line of 100 people and the guard said: I can get you in the front of the line. (I thought, I managed to stay out of trouble all time and now when I leave I have to Face this) I looked at the Guard and said: Mind if I smoke . I had half a ciggarette right in front of him and put out the ash and put the butt in my back pocket. Then he said: Can I see your Passport. I took it out but there was a Full Color Picture of a Simple TWIC Card (Homeland Security) The Guard said: What is this? I said a US Homeland Security Card. I said: OK I don't need this, how much? ($) I said heres $3.00 in USD and he signaled the other Security Officer to let me right by. All those people behind me knew what was happening but said nothing. That does not happen in the States.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Moral of this good Topic is: Let the Pinay do the talking for you and keep your Mouth shut! :dance:

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Wow, I can't believe this is really happening.

When my husband first came to the Philippines, ofcourse we were not married that time, several people in Arrival Area tried to scam him. And yea, someone did call me. But the good thing is his US phone is in roaming so he was able to contact me from his phone. I told him not to listen to anyone else and just stay where he is. He did. But it was his first time and the one who called me kind of asked something, he gave $5 anyway. ARGH! But that was it, he didn't bother to listen to them anymore. And the second time, he visited, I told Matt not to go to the Arrival Area anymore for him not to experience what happened before. I told him I would meet him at the exit door of the airport. He was also smart to use the phone coin booth inside the airport to call me to tell me that he is about to go outside. Me, waiting so far at the other end told the guard that I am meeting my fiance (now my husband), and he allowed me to hop on the low railings quickly. LOL! I can say that the guard was waiting for me to hand something but because there are officials around, he didn't bother. It was just on his looks but I didn't look at him in eyes. Haha! So, there I was, waiting on the door, pretending to be one of the passengers who just got out so that I won't be expelled from where I was. LOL! Few minutes later, Matt got out and there's a cab in line there using metered one and it brought us to my place for only less than 200 pesos. :) Unlike on the first visit, the driver asked for 500 pesos!!! I can't believe how they easily charge that much money!!! Well, God bless them! And also, I usually handle when there is something needed to pay so they won't ask my husband for extra. It helps!

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So as many of you guys already know who have been to Phils that some malls men CR's in Pines do not have toilet paper readily available. So I excuse myself from the table becasue after eating a pleasant lunch in the Food court I felt a rumbling in the ole tummy. I tell my lady I will be back shortly and I two step it to the CR. Two pinoy are at the mirror dolling themselves up as I slip and slide in (wet floors). I open up an empty stall and prepare myself for quality relaxtion time. I hear the two out at the mirror laughing but I ignore them and after I am done doing my business I reach for the tissue paper, BUT wait it's not where its suppose to be. I am like "WTH" so now I am totally screwed at this point. Do I get up and penguin walk to the next stall for tissue :no: Do I swallow my pride and ask for assistance from those primadonna's in front of the mirror :yes: so I asked them for some assistance with toilet paper. One guy said $350 peso and at this point I was in no position to bargain so I said 250 peso now and 100 when he hands me the paper. Sur eenough the guy was true to his word and handed me the paper so I handed him the 100 peso. I was able to escape that embarassing moment. Low and behold on my exit from the comfort room I see where you are to purchase a packet of toilet tissue for 50 peso :bonk: Kimmy till this day knew nothing about my Mall CR adventure :whistle:

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

Aug 31, 2010 - I-129F package sent to VSC

Sept 2, 2010 - NOA-1 hard copy received

Sept 5, 2010 - Check cashed

Nov 29, 2010 - Case Touched

Feb 25, 2011 - Contacted Senator

Feb 28, 2011 - NOA2 APPROVED **179 Days since NOA1 Received**

Mar 7, 2011 - NOA2 Hard Copy arrived

NVC

NVC receieved petition - Mar 7 2011

NVC case number received - Mar 8 2011 MNL2011XXXXXX

NVC case shipped to Embassy - Mar 9 2011

US Embassy Manila

Package delivered DHL - Mar 14 2011 signed by Leonilo

USEM - Medical- Passed Medical Mar 18 2011

USEM- Interview - APPROVED 4-14

USEM- VISA IN HAND - 4-30-2011

CFO - 5-2-2011

Kim on the plane 5-18-2011 Welcome to USA!

We went home last Oct. When at airport and husband was Cebu pacific office, the guard started asking questions,them more and then proceeded to basically hinting for pasalubong or money. I told him I have nothing in our luggage since we sent our box 2 months before and ignored him after. Also, we were thinking of staying in Manila for a day, but decided to just wait at the airport. I'm not familiar with Manila and the thought of taxi rides didn't suit well on me(not saying all are scammers). I just didn't feel safe with it in an unfamiliar area so we took the airport bus between terminals(didn't care how long plus it's free and gave the driver a tip). When we arrived at my hometown (worse) taxi driver didn't use the meter and asked for a certain amount. I gave him less. So yeah, when someone suspicious looking starts asking me/us questions, I answer one or two and then look away. I also asked my husband to let me pay for some stuff while there and him always asking for receipts. Other than that, I love being home just as I love living in US. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.