fkhan

applying for k1 visa for fiance in Pakistan

63 posts in this topic

It is an observation and appears to be a fact. It seems that the majority of recent approvals have been philipino females. Those coming from MENA countries are being held up in AP. Have you ever been to the Emirates?

Just seems to be a weird comparison as both countries cannot be compared. And yes, I have been to Dubai, I visited my cousin who is a flight attendant for Emirates. Dubai is beautiful. :)

Well anyway, goodluck on your interview!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Just seems to be a weird comparison as both countries cannot be compared. And yes, I have been to Dubai, I visited my cousin who is a flight attendant for Emirates. Dubai is beautiful. :)

Well anyway, goodluck on your interview!

No they cannot be compared. Those from MENA countries definatly have a disadvantage at the consulate. Dubai is beautiful. Lucky for your cousin too! I heard emirates is a great company to work for.

Thank you for the well wishes and congratulations on your recent wedding!

12-27-2010: I-129F arrived at USCIS sent packet on 12/23

12-29-2010: Notice date on NOA1

12-31-2010: Check cleared

01-02-2011: NOA1 received via SMS & E-Mail

01-06-2011: NOA1 hardcopy received via USPS[/color]

2-17-2011:Touched

04/12/2011:NOA2!!!!!

4-18-11: Received by NVC

4-20-11: Left NVC

4-24-11: Received by the consulate in Abu Dhabi

4-27-11:Received both packet 3 & 4 via e-mail from Abu Dhabi

7-25-11:Interview date-Administrative Processing

8-3-11:Administrative Processing ended - APPROVED!!!!!! :D

8-25-11:POE-SFO

9-10-11:Married!!!

9-26-11:Sent AOS Packet

10-6-11:Received NOA1s via text and E-mail

10-9-11:NOA1 hardcopies received, along with biometrics appointment letter

10-25-11:Biometrics Appointment

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I think it's smart to prepare yourselves for AP but not obsess over it pre interview as it may just make the interview even more nerve wracking. The truth of the matter is AP is very likely. The US is has such a huge database of names that "hits" are very common and cause further delays in processing the visa. My fiance has been in AP for 7 months now. He is from London but family is originally from Pakistan and he has a common name. Everyone's different and some get through it in a week and some in a couple years!

Sorry if this is a "downer" answer(I've responded on both posts since I'm in the same situation), but since you are asking it's best to know the truth rather than get the rug pulled out from under you at your interview like we did.

Wishing you the best!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I went a did some research of my own. The consulate in Abu Dhabi has varied results. I'm a bit worried. It seems that others from middle eastern counries are put on AP, but females from the Philipines go right on through :blink:

I am so scared!!! I have been obsessing over this all day! My fiance is a Pakistani National, but he was born and raised in the Emirates. He has never spent more than 2 months in Pakistan. Also, we both have previous marriages, I have kids, and I am older than him (only by 5 years). OMG! I am so convinced we will get AP.

Can anyone calm me down? I need sleep and we still have over 2 months until our interview! :(

hi I+H, try to relax. ok?

from what I understand in your thread, AP in Pakistan is no different from the usual K1 visa processing in the Phils. pls don't just rely on the number of successful females from the Philippines that are able to get approved. do review the timeline as well. for example, the average wait for an NOA1 is about 6-8mos. that just NOA1 alone. one has to wait for another month or so before NOA2 arrives. if there's no RFE, good. otherwise, that would constitute another period of waiting. and so on and so forth. so from USCIS to US Embassy in Pakistan, what was your waiting time???

also consider, the size of the embassy in Pakistan and its diplomatic relations. even if the staff is efficient, how much cooperation is it getting from Pakistani government as far as security screening is concerned? with the ongoing terrorist threat, only heaven knows what's going on out there.

by the way, I used to work for an embassy in the Philippines. I was told that my boss who used to handle Administration, also had to handle Consular section in Pakistan coz nobody wants to get posted there! do u have any idea how difficult it is to work in a non-English speaking environment?! goodness gracious... you probably need to do body language.

hey, your already waiting for your visa interview in 2mos time. that's great! some Filipina women don't even know what's going. you know what these Filipinas did to lower down their tension??? they COMMUNICATED and compared notes. to those who did their homework right, bravo! to those who didn't even check their notes, sorry.

my Filipina best friend is a teacher in the Philippines. she was denied K1 the first time due to lack of proof of relationship. we weren't aware of visajourney.com back then. both my friend and her beau are religious, hence they don't have 'sweet' posed pictures. too bad she can't tell the Consul that they had a PhP 500,000.00 mock wedding.

lastly, I wish to inform you that I am a Filipina too and the first time my fiance applied for K1 visa in 2007 - USCIS informed my fiance that our paperwork was LOST. as simple as that! my fiance filed again in 2009. same thing, our paperwork got lost. but this time, we were prepared and re-sent EVERYTHING to USCIS faster than a speeding bullet. I arrived in US soil in Sep 2010.

so if you're still nerve-racked after reading this, you probably need to see a doctor and request for some medication that would make you feel relaxed. kudos! :)

hi I+H, try to relax. ok?

from what I understand in your thread, AP in Pakistan is no different from the usual K1 visa processing in the Phils. pls don't just rely on the number of successful females from the Philippines that are able to get approved. do review the timeline as well. for example, the average wait for an NOA1 is about 6-8mos. that just NOA1 alone. one has to wait for another month or so before NOA2 arrives. if there's no RFE, good. otherwise, that would constitute another period of waiting. and so on and so forth. so from USCIS to US Embassy in Pakistan, what was your waiting time???

also consider, the size of the embassy in Pakistan and its diplomatic relations. even if the staff is efficient, how much cooperation is it getting from Pakistani government as far as security screening is concerned? with the ongoing terrorist threat, only heaven knows what's going on out there.

by the way, I used to work for an embassy in the Philippines. I was told that my boss who used to handle Administration, also had to handle Consular section in Pakistan coz nobody wants to get posted there! do u have any idea how difficult it is to work in a non-English speaking environment?! goodness gracious... you probably need to do body language.

hey, your already waiting for your visa interview in 2mos time. that's great! some Filipina women don't even know what's going. you know what these Filipinas did to lower down their tension??? they COMMUNICATED and compared notes. to those who did their homework right, bravo! to those who didn't even check their notes, sorry.

my Filipina best friend is a teacher in the Philippines. she was denied K1 the first time due to lack of proof of relationship. we weren't aware of visajourney.com back then. both my friend and her beau are religious, hence they don't have 'sweet' posed pictures. too bad she can't tell the Consul that they had a PhP 500,000.00 mock wedding.

lastly, I wish to inform you that I am a Filipina too and the first time my fiance applied for K1 visa in 2007 - USCIS informed my fiance that our paperwork was LOST. as simple as that! my fiance filed again in 2009. same thing, our paperwork got lost. but this time, we were prepared and re-sent EVERYTHING to USCIS faster than a speeding bullet. I arrived in US soil in Sep 2010.

so if you're still nerve-racked after reading this, you probably need to see a doctor and request for some medication that would make you feel relaxed. kudos! :)

Thank you for the info I apreciate it. My fiances interview is actually in the united arab emirates hence the reference to philipino women. Many of the cases at the embassy are either from MENA countries or the Philippines which I am sure is do to the high expatriate population in the UAE and I was only pointing out that Philipino women are fortunate enough to be approved with no problems in the UAE while others being prominately from MENA countries are being stuck into AP. I know it could of came off as offensive but it was not intended that way. I appreciate all of your advice and I have begun to consider mediction! Lol :wacko:

event.png

event.png

:star: Edited by I+H

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think it's smart to prepare yourselves for AP but not obsess over it pre interview as it may just make the interview even more nerve wracking. The truth of the matter is AP is very likely. The US is has such a huge database of names that "hits" are very common and cause further delays in processing the visa. My fiance has been in AP for 7 months now. He is from London but family is originally from Pakistan and he has a common name. Everyone's different and some get through it in a week and some in a couple years!

Sorry if this is a "downer" answer(I've responded on both posts since I'm in the same situation), but since you are asking it's best to know the truth rather than get the rug pulled out from under you at your interview like we did.

Wishing you the best!

AP can possibly be based on names that come up as "hits" on the system? That is such a bummer, seeing as it seems like all our names are so common! I mean, a name like "khan" would pop up EVERYWHERE! thanks for your input...what a drag!

Let's hope that you'll be out of AP before the 8th month (: good luck to you as well.

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

It is so refreshing to see posts that are truly trying to help someone with good information and not trying to cause more pain for the person posting the topic. It makes me believe in human kindness again.

This is a very stressful process because we think we have no control. Remember that we do have control over our own stress and in keeping the faith. I noticed I started losing faith and getting more stressed after the 4th month, and I completely lost it after the 5th month date. But then I realized something. I was letting my own fears control me. My husband and I have decided to stay calm and positive, and we are putting all our energy into getting him to America no matter how long it takes.

We are doing so much better now. Everyday that passes is one more day closer to him coming to America.

Hang in there. Do not even think of AP. Take it one step at a time. You can get through anything if you stay in control.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It is so refreshing to see posts that are truly trying to help someone with good information and not trying to cause more pain for the person posting the topic. It makes me believe in human kindness again.

This is a very stressful process because we think we have no control. Remember that we do have control over our own stress and in keeping the faith. I noticed I started losing faith and getting more stressed after the 4th month, and I completely lost it after the 5th month date. But then I realized something. I was letting my own fears control me. My husband and I have decided to stay calm and positive, and we are putting all our energy into getting him to America no matter how long it takes.

We are doing so much better now. Everyday that passes is one more day closer to him coming to America.

Hang in there. Do not even think of AP. Take it one step at a time. You can get through anything if you stay in control.

Thank you, and yes, I truly appreciate all of those who have answered my question; this is a really friendly community...the first response put me off a little, but the rest were really sweet and considerate!

That's great advice, and you are very wise to adhere to it. I will try to follow your example. Thank you and best of luck to you!

I completely agree with you, but I am sure you know just as all of us do that it is easier said than done. But people like yourself and others here make it easier for us all. Having a place where we can vent and talk to people dealing with the same things we are is really helpful. I have noticed since I have started going through this process that no one in my family or in my circle of friends (with the exception of 1) knows how this feels and the standard, "I know how it feels" or "It'll be ok" just doesn't cut it, because a lot of people really do not know how we feel. But people here do. And for that I am grateful.

My fears have started to control me. I am misreble all the time. I thought once we got the NOA2 it was smooth sailing from there, but I was wrong, it feels worse and with the interview coming up and with my new found knowledge of the dreaded AP, my happiness has turned into pure dread. I have to say though reading others posts and getting feedback from others has made this somewhat bearable.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

AP can possibly be based on names that come up as "hits" on the system? That is such a bummer, seeing as it seems like all our names are so common! I mean, a name like "khan" would pop up EVERYWHERE! thanks for your input...what a drag!

Let's hope that you'll be out of AP before the 8th month (: good luck to you as well.

Thank you so much! If he gets out of AP in the next month I will feel like I've won the lotto! Yes, it's a bummer that name hits can cause AP. My fiance's middle name is Mohammad so it's scary to think how long it will take them to process our case :( Khan is also quite common, like you said many names are common from Pakistan.

Thank you so much! If he gets out of AP in the next month I will feel like I've won the lotto! Yes, it's a bummer that name hits can cause AP. My fiance's middle name is Mohammad so it's scary to think how long it will take them to process our case :( Khan is also quite common, like you said many names are common from Pakistan.

Wow we're doin' great with names!!!! Mohammad, Khan! I have a Hussain! :D

event.png

event.png

Oh boy!! We are all in the same boat!!

It sure seems that way. Any updates on the AP?

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.