fkhan

applying for k1 visa for fiance in Pakistan

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was told that flight itineraries are not proof of having met in the last 2 years. I was going to send in all my flight itineraries over the last 2 years... about 40 itineraries in all and I was advised here that it's not proof. Boarding passes and flight itineraries are not the same. Flight itineraries don't prove you got on the plane. Passport stamps should do the trick for you. Just passing along the advice I was given when I was putting together my packet.

Thanks for the info you may be right on that one hopefully they wont ask for my copy of the boarding pass cause I lost it :crying: yet again I hope my passport stamps does the trick.

Timeline

Now that we`re on the same subject I`m sure me and the OP would be interested in knowing what packets to have ready while our application is processing. Now that my summer break is here I want to try to get as far as getting the interview packets ready. How do I accomplish this? I`m hearing a lot about DS forms where do I get that and how do I know which DS forms I`ll need for the Pakistani embassy? I`ve heard obtaining a police record takes about 3-4 months to get would it be wise for me to tell my fiance to request a copy of her police record now or is it best to wait?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

dj- I see you have a wedding planned for February 2012. I don't have the cajones to do that. It's one disappointment that I could handle if things got extended for many months, but the idea of having to cancel a wedding, etc... brutal in my book.

Thanks for the info you may be right on that one hopefully they wont ask for my copy of the boarding pass cause I lost it :crying: yet again I hope my passport stamps does the trick.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Yes, it would be highly unfair to make someone wait years in AP. I guess I was trying to point out that you have no control over it, so don't let it wreck your life. Stay strong, regardless of the amount of time it takes. Like someon pointed out, it's just a bump in the road in the whole scheme of life... albeit a big bump if it is years. But it's something you can't control.

Honestly, I think that is what is getting to me the most is that I don't have any control. What I do know is that realistically I know we have nothing to worry about. Our relationship is very real and as soon as a CO sees us together they would know too. I just had it in my mind that I was going to return to the UAE for the interview, we would be approved and within 2 weeks my love would be returning home with me. And since I have discovered all this info, now we are talking about back up plan, which include just moving there with him.

We just want to be together just like everyone else.

12-27-2010: I-129F arrived at USCIS sent packet on 12/23

12-29-2010: Notice date on NOA1

12-31-2010: Check cleared

01-02-2011: NOA1 received via SMS & E-Mail

01-06-2011: NOA1 hardcopy received via USPS[/color]

2-17-2011:Touched

04/12/2011:NOA2!!!!!

4-18-11: Received by NVC

4-20-11: Left NVC

4-24-11: Received by the consulate in Abu Dhabi

4-27-11:Received both packet 3 & 4 via e-mail from Abu Dhabi

7-25-11:Interview date-Administrative Processing

8-3-11:Administrative Processing ended - APPROVED!!!!!! :D

8-25-11:POE-SFO

9-10-11:Married!!!

9-26-11:Sent AOS Packet

10-6-11:Received NOA1s via text and E-mail

10-9-11:NOA1 hardcopies received, along with biometrics appointment letter

10-25-11:Biometrics Appointment

event.png

event.png

Timeline

dj- I see you have a wedding planned for February 2012. I don't have the cajones to do that. It's one disappointment that I could handle if things got extended for many months, but the idea of having to cancel a wedding, etc... brutal in my book.

cajones lol how did you know that I was hispanic? :lol: we`re keeping our fingers crossed if I don`t get my NOA 2 by the beginning of September then I`ll see what other options i can take.

I went a did some research of my own. The consulate in Abu Dhabi has varied results. I'm a bit worried. It seems that others from middle eastern counries are put on AP, but females from the Philipines go right on through :blink:

I am so scared!!! I have been obsessing over this all day! My fiance is a Pakistani National, but he was born and raised in the Emirates. He has never spent more than 2 months in Pakistan. Also, we both have previous marriages, I have kids, and I am older than him (only by 5 years). OMG! I am so convinced we will get AP.

Can anyone calm me down? I need sleep and we still have over 2 months until our interview! :(

You shouldn't worry like that. So far you have received your NOA2 in 3 months, according to you signature! I looked over the UAE timelines actually they are not too bad. What possible reason do you think you have for being put on AP? Your fiance being born in Pakistan poses no issue and your being five years older is not a reason for AP either. USCIS saw no issue with your relationship as they approved you so quickly.

Stressing yourself out over this will not do you and good! Take the 2 months to search this site for interview questions and go thru them with your fiance. This is the time when you need to brief him on all of this so that you two can get through the process with flying colors. Good luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

You shouldn't worry like that. So far you have received your NOA2 in 3 months, according to you signature! I looked over the UAE timelines actually they are not too bad. What possible reason do you think you have for being put on AP? Your fiance being born in Pakistan poses no issue and your being five years older is not a reason for AP either. USCIS saw no issue with your relationship as they approved you so quickly.

Stressing yourself out over this will not do you and good! Take the 2 months to search this site for interview questions and go thru them with your fiance. This is the time when you need to brief him on all of this so that you two can get through the process with flying colors. Good luck!

I really appreciate your kind reply. I went over Abu Dhabi's consulate reviews and it just doesn't seem that good. If you have time could you take a look? Maybe you will see it with different eyes than I do. I just see it all bad. I have zero hope of him coming back with me after the interview. I just can't get my mind out of this funk!

I have to say though your words helped me a bit! I appreciate it. But what do you think about our previous marriages and my kids? Problem or no?

event.png

event.png

I really appreciate your kind reply. I went over Abu Dhabi's consulate reviews and it just doesn't seem that good. If you have time could you take a look? Maybe you will see it with different eyes than I do. I just see it all bad. I have zero hope of him coming back with me after the interview. I just can't get my mind out of this funk!

I have to say though your words helped me a bit! I appreciate it. But what do you think about our previous marriages and my kids? Problem or no?

I did look, before I replied. Many of them are 200 days or less, thats a little bit more than 6 months, some are at 3 months. There's 1 or 2 that may have taken 11 months. I don't see them having any right to judge you on whether you were married before. These people have to follow the US Department Of State rules. The AP happens if they are suscpicious of your relationship, as in is he or both of you just collaborating to get him in the US. Or if his name somehow comes up in some criminal database or something.

But since that, I think, is probably not the case you should be fine.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

I did look, before I replied. Many of them are 200 days or less, thats a little bit more than 6 months, some are at 3 months. There's 1 or 2 that may have taken 11 months. I don't see them having any right to judge you on whether you were married before. These people have to follow the US Department Of State rules. The AP happens if they are suscpicious of your relationship, as in is he or both of you just collaborating to get him in the US. Or if his name somehow comes up in some criminal database or something.

But since that, I think, is probably not the case you should be fine.

I started my own thread on this topic. I'm going nuts!!!! 200 days or less from NOA1? Not bad.... I want so bad for this to go right. I knew nothing about this AP at interview stuff. I thought you would get APd at NVC and no where else. Dumb me!

The only thing that has kept my head above water is that no CO in their right mind would deny us, you can tell we are in love, it is hard to miss. When we are together it is like nothing else. I'm sure you know how that feels.

event.png

event.png

I started my own thread on this topic. I'm going nuts!!!! 200 days or less from NOA1? Not bad.... I want so bad for this to go right. I knew nothing about this AP at interview stuff. I thought you would get APd at NVC and no where else. Dumb me!

The only thing that has kept my head above water is that no CO in their right mind would deny us, you can tell we are in love, it is hard to miss. When we are together it is like nothing else. I'm sure you know how that feels.

Well then have faith in him and your love for each other. You are imagining the worst, I know it, I have run across it way too many times, But the worst happening is usually pretty rare, Why you're so convinced you'll be in AP is beyond me. But you have no choice, what will be will be, and you will get thru whatever happens. (F)

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Well then have faith in him and your love for each other. You are imagining the worst, I know it, I have run across it way too many times, But the worst happening is usually pretty rare, Why you're so convinced you'll be in AP is beyond me. But you have no choice, what will be will be, and you will get thru whatever happens. (F)

I'm just worried that's all. Thanks for your help. We have worked so hard and I just do not want to see it all go down the drain. And I know no matter what he and I will make it, even if we have to move there. Shouldn't have posted a new thread, I'll probably get some downer answers now that you made me feel better. :wacko:

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Alright I have checked several (approved visa) VJ Pakistan timelines, especially the most recent 11.

Good news for the folks applying, no need to worry at least 4 or 5 got their Visa within a 3 days of the interview and the average looked like it was 200 days or less from NOA1. The others got their Visa within a month or 2 after interview. I flew thru the others and there were a couple that waited nearly 2 years.

But looking at it I would say for recent petitions anyway, it doesn't look like mandatory APs, more like what you would expect out of any embassy.

Well I guess I couldn't leave this one alone cause the Cyprus embassy is just south of Turkey and if there was even a possibility of something like a mandatory AP it would annoy the heck out of me! :lol:

WOW, thanks so much for all that information! I hope that everything will be ok...Thanks again for all the help!

I went a did some research of my own. The consulate in Abu Dhabi has varied results. I'm a bit worried. It seems that others from middle eastern counries are put on AP, but females from the Philipines go right on through :blink:

Just wondering what you meant by that?

I am so scared!!! I have been obsessing over this all day! My fiance is a Pakistani National, but he was born and raised in the Emirates. He has never spent more than 2 months in Pakistan. Also, we both have previous marriages, I have kids, and I am older than him (only by 5 years). OMG! I am so convinced we will get AP.

Can anyone calm me down? I need sleep and we still have over 2 months until our interview! :(

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

It is an observation and appears to be a fact. It seems that the majority of recent approvals have been philipino females. Those coming from MENA countries are being held up in AP. Have you ever been to the Emirates?

event.png

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I can't believe somebody said 95% chance of AP. No way that doesn't sound right at all. There has to be something that triggers suspicion before they would place it on AP. Such as the name checks seem to have hit in their database and they need to further checking, or maybe they are suspicious or your relationship, etc.

But 95% is way to harsh.

Good luck!

no it is not.all males and majority of females from middle eastern and north american countries go through AP. the chances are so high they even stated it in k-1 instructions on the embassy website.

it has nothing to do with the relationship.when they are suspicious of relationships,they dont put cases through AP,they just request more evidence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.