Melroy

How long for an interview date after Packet 3 has been received?

3 posts in this topic

Reposting since I did not get a response earlier

My fiancee received her Packet 3 (after the NVC docs were sent to teh Mumbai consulate) on April 11th, but has not yet received any intimation for an interview. How long should we wait?

Thanks

Melroy

Filed: Timeline

Reposting since I did not get a response earlier

My fiancee received her Packet 3 (after the NVC docs were sent to teh Mumbai consulate) on April 11th, but has not yet received any intimation for an interview. How long should we wait?

Thanks

Melroy

Hi. I don't know about that country, but I can only speak on China. My fiancee' received packet 3 recently from the Guangzhou, China Consulate's office 2 weeks ago. 1 week after she sent it back, she received packet 4 with an interview date for exactly one month away. A friend of hers received packet 3 on March 5 and she sent it back the next day. She received packet 4 eight days later with an interview date exactly one month later too. She just arrived in the U.S. on the day before Easter. So again, I can only speak on China. But I guess it all has to do with the current trends of your fiance(e)'s country. In my fiancee's packet 3, they included a phone number to the Consulate's office. She was able to call and ask a few questions concerning her minor child that will be joining her to the U.S. I know this isn't about your country, but I hope it will go the same with you case. On your approval notice of your petition, there is a date on the right side that says valid from a certain date until a certain date. We wondered when we would get an interview too after sending packet 3 and our lawyer said that it should come before the valid through date on the approval notice of our petetion. I'm not an expert or anything, but wanted to let you know this because it may hold true for your case too. I seen noone had replied and thought I'd share my story with you. I know the waiting is the worst part of this.

Harold

Hi. I don't know about that country, but I can only speak on China. My fiancee' received packet 3 recently from the Guangzhou, China Consulate's office 2 weeks ago. 1 week after she sent it back, she received packet 4 with an interview date for exactly one month away. A friend of hers received packet 3 on March 5 and she sent it back the next day. She received packet 4 eight days later with an interview date exactly one month later too. She just arrived in the U.S. on the day before Easter. So again, I can only speak on China. But I guess it all has to do with the current trends of your fiance(e)'s country. In my fiancee's packet 3, they included a phone number to the Consulate's office. She was able to call and ask a few questions concerning her minor child that will be joining her to the U.S. I know this isn't about your country, but I hope it will go the same with you case. On your approval notice of your petition, there is a date on the right side that says valid from a certain date until a certain date. We wondered when we would get an interview too after sending packet 3 and our lawyer said that it should come before the valid through date on the approval notice of our petetion. I'm not an expert or anything, but wanted to let you know this because it may hold true for your case too. I seen noone had replied and thought I'd share my story with you. I know the waiting is the worst part of this.

Harold

Thanks Harold

This is for Mumbai, India. My fiancee mailed back packet 3 on April 19th, but so far no packet 4 received and no visa interview date. I looked at the list of interviews scheduled for May, which you can check, at the Mumbai consulate, and her case is not listed. So now it looks like it will be June :-(. She also did try calling, but no response from teh consulate when she does

Melroy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.