Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Westlink and the others... I finally get to a place I think where I can participate in discussion... on the other forum to which we were attached... I made several attempts to post a reply to you Westlink but each time i was told I had to get administrator permission and when I wrote an admin they didnt respond.. Im sorry that your child aged out...It pained my heart when I read your post but never mind I am sure things will work out for her..k..

NEWAYS... MY PD is January 23, 2006 and I am in the F1 category... I started hearing from the NVC in April 2010 and submitted everything to them and got an interview in November..the country had a storm that was to hit (which did not)so the interview date was moved to almost the end of December 2010. I had to do DNA (my father is filing) and so on and I got my results back in March. I heard from the embassy in May 2011 when I was sent a letter saying that they have had to stop processing my case due to the back log. That ruined my plans, like all of us. that was just to give an intro...

I am watching the bulletin and do you guys realize that it is almost 2 years of retrogression we have been faced with? On the question of whether the VB will go back to where it retrogressed at feb06...I read somewhere where the F1 will have to wiat 7 years so if your PD is December 05 you will get through in Dec 2012 and so on...on the other hand I dont see why they cant return it to Feb 06, as with 1)the 23400 visas that become available on October 1 : 2)any other numbers from category F4 that was not used last year should be in the F1 now also topping that off 3)to feb 06 is 4 months (VB says in Sept 12 they will be at October 05)...

we just have to wait and see.. Wish all of you the very best and let us know when you have heard from them... I have a friend his brother was in retrogression too (only was to get the visa) and his date was September 05 and he had his interview last week and is on his way now)..so we are getting there k...

I made a table for myself and was tracking the changes i have attached it...FY 2012.doc

Hello Grace A, Thank you! It's been a rough journey and we are all enduring it. My daughter's aging out is really sad but it's just a part of this process where nothing goes the way we wanted it to. Good thing though my daughter has a Canadian visa which she is in the process of reapplying for, so she can go for visit sometimes. I wish you get an interview soon. Good luck and keep us updated on your process. Once again, thank you!

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well i think frm tomorrow DOS will start sending I/Ls..Good luck to all guys who r next...

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Timeline

Westlink I didn't like it that ur daughter aged out but ensure she gets her visa and is able to visit u until she gets get chance... Thanks I hope I get called soon too.. I will definately keep you posted on my progress and if I hear anything from others who I know have PDs of 2005

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys ..just to inform u that Mumbai Consulate has updated list of September Interview2 Appointments which was posted earlier this month...Earlier there were 27 F1 Applicants ...but now there r 49 F1 Applicants ....

Seems there r a lot F1 filers for year 2005....

Any ways ...Best of luck to next members who will be expecting I/Ls in coming days...

Edited by may_taurus

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

Guys ..just to inform u that Mumbai Consulate has updated list of September Interview2 Appointments which was posted earlier this month...Earlier there were 27 F1 Applicants ...but now there r 49 F1 Applicants ....

Any ways ...Best of luck to next members who will be expecting I/Ls in coming days...

I've noticed people keep saying that appointing letters should be coming these days.... but looking back in the history of this thread it seems that I/Ls are received usually on first days of each month...

I was about to wait for next Monday to focus on this.... :)) but now I'm all nervous about it even earlier so I'm checking my e-mail every 5 minutes.

God I hate this tension!

:'(

I pray to God that it will be at least 6 weeks advance for Oct PD!

F1 PD 1NOV2005

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Looking at some of the dates they go back to 2006 or so. I would say there are loads of F2B converts moving into F1. :bonk:

And that sucks.

Now that you are counting, here is the list for Ankara (Aug/Sept).

http://www.usemb-ankara.org.tr/consular/english/schedule_iv.html

Lets not panic, wait till coming Friday and for sure Monday, this months expectations will be set (for good I hope).

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Are they oct interviews or rest of September interviews ?!

Timeline

Having a child does not exclude someone from being within the F1 category. The definition for the F1 category is simply the UNMARRIED sons and daughters of U.S. Citizens. Also, having a child does not suggest that he is also married, which he clearly stated he wasn't. As he said, NVC updated his file to include his daughter, as is allowed within the dimensions of this category.

He only mentioned having a girlfriend, but didn't mention anything else. So without further information, it would be wrong to assume much about his girlfriend since she may not also be seeking to immigrate to the US, or may already be a US citizen. It is better to ask him if he's sure that he's in F1 - which I'd think after so many years, he'd likely know - rather than announce to him that he isn't.

It doesn't matter if u have a child or not if your not married or divorced u will be in f1 category...

Timeline

may_taurus, I don't know how but as PatientMan said before, some of the cases have same ID's!

Timeline

Looking at some of the dates they go back to 2006 or so. I would say there are loads of F2B converts moving into F1. :bonk:

And that sucks.

Lets not panic, wait till coming Friday and for sure Monday, this months expectations will be set (for good I hope).

Yes I agree that there are tonnes of F2B converts to F1 and that is the problem. And some of them have not been keeping their appointments and this also help to add to the back log...

Timeline

And that sucks.

i checked your list from Ankara... I noticed a number of F1s with reference numbers that start with 2009 and one or two with 2007 and 2006... which i find strange because I thought your reference number started in the year which you applied in... so does this mean that F1 are bring processed in September?

Timeline

i checked your list from Ankara... I noticed a number of F1s with reference numbers that start with 2009 and one or two with 2007 and 2006... which i find strange because I thought your reference number started in the year which you applied in... so does this mean that F1 are bring processed in September?

As far as I know, the Ref/case number is assigned the moment it is received by NVC from USCIS.

So it all depends how quick USCIS processes things and hands them over.

My case is 2006 and it was handed over to NVC mid 2010. so mine starts with 2010.

These days USCIS is handling I130 (F1) cases from 2010, so they would end up gettting 2012 or later.

USCIS have got a bit quicker over last 1 year or so.

So for me these 2006 or 07 seem transfers from other categories.

Timeline

may_taurus, I don't know how but as PatientMan said before, some of the cases have same ID's!

My only explanation for these duplicates is that "extras", are dependent(kids).

The question is, do the dependent "eat into" the annual 23K quota or they get "free" visa capped at and so called 7% derivates ?

Timeline

No actually the year in front of numbers are the date that their case has been approved and PD is the date that day have revecied their documents...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.