Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Westlink and the others... I finally get to a place I think where I can participate in discussion... on the other forum to which we were attached... I made several attempts to post a reply to you Westlink but each time i was told I had to get administrator permission and when I wrote an admin they didnt respond.. Im sorry that your child aged out...It pained my heart when I read your post but never mind I am sure things will work out for her..k..

NEWAYS... MY PD is January 23, 2006 and I am in the F1 category... I started hearing from the NVC in April 2010 and submitted everything to them and got an interview in November..the country had a storm that was to hit (which did not)so the interview date was moved to almost the end of December 2010. I had to do DNA (my father is filing) and so on and I got my results back in March. I heard from the embassy in May 2011 when I was sent a letter saying that they have had to stop processing my case due to the back log. That ruined my plans, like all of us. that was just to give an intro...

I am watching the bulletin and do you guys realize that it is almost 2 years of retrogression we have been faced with? On the question of whether the VB will go back to where it retrogressed at feb06...I read somewhere where the F1 will have to wiat 7 years so if your PD is December 05 you will get through in Dec 2012 and so on...on the other hand I dont see why they cant return it to Feb 06, as with 1)the 23400 visas that become available on October 1 : 2)any other numbers from category F4 that was not used last year should be in the F1 now also topping that off 3)to feb 06 is 4 months (VB says in Sept 12 they will be at October 05)...

we just have to wait and see.. Wish all of you the very best and let us know when you have heard from them... I have a friend his brother was in retrogression too (only was to get the visa) and his date was September 05 and he had his interview last week and is on his way now)..so we are getting there k...

I made a table for myself and was tracking the changes i have attached it...FY 2012.doc

Timeline

Question.... if in the next visa bulletin F1's PD would be 1NOV2005 and my PD is also 1NOV2005 - should I be included in the processing list?

yes you would be included... read the link below and see how they do the cut off dates.... read the seventh paragraph..

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/Immigrant%20Visa%20Control%20System_operation%20of.pdf

Edited by Grace A

Timeline

Hi,

I saw F1 watch list. Very interesting. I wonder If NVC had completed my case august 2010 what would have happened. I saw somebody with PD oct.2005 took his/her interview Nov. 2005.

But maybe it is my fault...

Here is some information about my case:

- fees was paid 01 july 2010.

- I did not prepare my documents because we /my 3 years daughter and my girlfriend and mother of my daughter/ went for one month holiday around Europe - Spain, Italy France. After that september 2010 we spent one month in USA :bonk: . So when we came back in home /Europe/ oct 2010 I prepared all documends and sent it to NVC but I realised it was too late - F1 was hit by re....... so my case was completed feb.2011.

- Feb. 2012 NVC reopened my case because I wanted to add my daughter and april 2012 my case was completed again.

But the past doesn't matter. I'm just curious :)

One thing that never changes Rovers is your Priority Date. Your status can change and this will affect the category that you are placed in. If your parent who is filing for you is a US citizen and you are over 21 and not married (unmarried) you will be in the F1 category. Having a child or a girlfriend (NOT wife) does not disqualify you from this category and as long as your child is under 21 years old, if you add her to your paper work she will be able to migrate with you. Your girlfriend on the other hand will not be able to come with you.. you will have to take her to the US after you have arrived there yourself. You CANNOT marry your girlfriend before you get through (get your papers processed and get your sealed package and visa to travel to the states which you will exchange for a greencard on arrival)... If you marry her before you get your greencard you will be placed in the F3 category which has a waiting time of 10-15 years..

Timeline

But don't forget what happened later.An ugly retrogession.Better it moves steadily.

we had retrogression because many people who got their interview dates did not get their documents prepared in time and every 5 years naturalization occurs and this causes those in F2 category to be placed in F1. When retrogression occurred in 2010 a family I know with 23 people in total being filed for and were in F2 became F1 because their mom was naturalized... So it is also wise to keep a check on the dates and the likelihood of retrogression occurring in the future when we guys get to the states and are looking about filing.... also...prepare the documents we need early so we don't miss our interview dates and so on...

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

yes you would be included... read the link below and see how they do the cut off dates.... read the seventh paragraph..

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/Immigrant%20Visa%20Control%20System_operation%20of.pdf

NO, you are wrong.

If someone has PD on the 1st, for them to be current the Published PD must be at least 8th of that month or later.

Same for those that have PD on 8th, 15 or 22, published PD must be at least, 15, 22 and 1st(following month).

Timeline

NO, you are wrong.

If someone has PD on the 1st, for them to be current the Published PD must be at least 8th of that month or later.

Same for those that have PD on 8th, 15 or 22, published PD must be at least, 15, 22 and 1st(following month).

Yes I re-read the information over and some others and you are right...the first is the cut off date and only the dates earlier than that date will have visas available... Thank you patient man...

MariaC you wouldnt be current until a later date..still read the info I posted though.. I browsed through it... sorry..

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

MY PD is January 23, 2006 and I am in the F1 category

Welcome Grace A! :)

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So, letters next week?

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes I re-read the information over and some others and you are right...the first is the cut off date and only the dates earlier than that date will have visas available... Thank you patient man...

no worries and welcome to the forum. :thumbs:

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

So, letters next week?

It seems so. Hopefully we'll receive good news next week! Have a great weekend everybody :thumbs:

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.