Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys!

Just want to update you on my status. I recently went through ORD airport without any hassel, they asked me who is my sponsor where is my wife and is the adress on the envelope correct?. That was it, passport is stamped and now waiting for green card to arrive. Good luck to all of You :)

Congratulations ansze. Good to hear from you.

So where is your wife? :):thumbs:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

There are two ways your visas are processes.

1.Adjustment of status--which takes 4 to 5 months from the date your priority date is current.

2.Counsular processing--where people fly to home country for GC interview and they get it once they arive in US.

Now i have opted for counsular processing as i have few thing to be taken care back in home country so i want in that scenario how people proceed.And their are lot of people with same case in this forum.Also difference between Passport PCC and police certificate??

How does it works for people in US....once you get interview letter...

When a beneficiary is in US, then he must go through AOS(Adjustment of Status) in which he must show the petitioner's financial capabilities.

Than you fly to your home country is it not late as 20 days will be passed from interview in getting ur pcc

No need to fly ur native country bcoz all those things had been already completed when the person applied for non-immigration visa which is the only option anyone got other than greencard to reach USA.

Than you have medical pending and than go for interview..any valuable input is appreciated!!!

Medical and all those formalities like interview and such questions have been asked before during the interview when a person applied for Non-Immigration Visa whether it is Tourist, Education, H1B or any other visa. Medical, Interview formalities, Passport Clearance & Police Clearance are some formalities which are mandatory for everybody whether he is applied for Non-Immigration or Immigration.

Also i dont have DS230 ,i sent it to them when they asked first time so will it be required or is it ok if i dont have that??

If you sent it to them than it doesn't necessary to send it again. All the info is required in DS-230 does not against the law. Whereas, Passport clearance & Police clearance are those certificates which have an validity up to 6 months and hence need the further clearances after a specific time. DS-230 form is a document which does not require a fresh call like Police certificate & Passport clearance after a specific period of time where after every 6 months we need the fresh copy of the aforesaid (Police & Passport) documents, which are mandatory by rules of US Immigration.

Timeline

There are two ways your visas are processes.

1.Adjustment of status--which takes 4 to 5 months from the date your priority date is current.

2.Counsular processing--where people fly to home country for GC interview and they get it once they arive in US.

Now i have opted for counsular processing as i have few thing to be taken care back in home country so i want in that scenario how people proceed.And their are lot of people with same case in this forum.Also difference between Passport PCC and police certificate??

In that case, follow the general procedure of consulate processing.

Police certificate issued by local area police authority whereas passport clearance certificate issued by passport authority of any given country. Police certifies that a person has no criminal record in that specific locality, passport clearance justifies that a given passport number is valid and is not included in any wanted list throughout the country.

but in AOS process, beneficiary has not required to obtain these 2 certificates bcoz passport clearance is mandatory for everyone who's enter into the US on non-immigration visa also therefore it is N.A

and same applies to police certificate as well.

Timeline

Strange, i have never heard that. It sounds dramatic, i mean why anybody waste the money and time to go back his country to complete the formalities where he gt the privilege to do so through AOS and an AOS has meant for that purpose only.

Timeline

All H1b visa holders know this very well who adjust their status through employment based immigration. Family based is a difficult one bcoz once ur petition has been filed they wont stamp any non-immigration visa on passport until the person produces the damn sure evidences to prove his intention to return back which is very very rare, 98% gt failed to do so.

That's why family immigration's beneficiary doesn't aware much with AOS process and the majority falls under consular processing rather than AOS. Waiting without loved ones under consular processing is hell, when the retro occurs in 2011, beneficiaries who were waiting for the numbers in their home country were shattered to see that backward movement whereas those beneficiaries who are in US and will gone through AOS were not much affected as compared to them.

Anyways, long discussion. Sorry i am quite sensitive towards all this, it has become a part of a life to wait for my number and see each and every day and every month's bulletin. It wont be too bad for anybody around me who doesnt know the value of greencard and i replied to them ask us who live all alone in a hell and have been waiting for a judgement day :P

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Police certificate issued by local area police authority whereas passport clearance certificate issued by passport authority of any given country. Police certifies that a person has no criminal record in that specific locality, passport clearance justifies that a given passport number is valid and is not included in any wanted list throughout the country.

I have gotta be honest, never heard of passport clearance certificate and I have had a few family members already move to the US without being asked to produce one.

Timeline

Family 1st------ROW------------CHINA---------Dom Rep------INDIA----------MEXICO-------PHILIPPINES

Sept 2012------01OCT05------01OCT05------<Empty>------01OCT05------08JUN93------08NOV94

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nov 2010-------15FEB06--------15FEB06------<Empty>------15FEB06------22DEC92------01APR97

Oct 2010-------15FEB06--------15FEB06------<Empty>------15FEB06------15DEC92------01MAR97

Sept 2010-----01JAN06--------01JAN06-------01JAN06------01JAN06-------01DEC92------01JAN97

Aug 2010------01AUG05--------01AUG05------01AUG05-----01AUG05-----15NOV92------01JAN96

July 2010-------01APR05--------01APR05------01APR05------01APR05-----01NOV92------01SEP95

Something I had not noticed before was that Dom Republic stopped being included in the VB as of Oct 2010 and the 2011 visa listings.

Its clear that going back to similar time 2 years ago and before retrogression, only Mexico has moved forward. Philippines has gone backwards for few years ( and in aug/sept 2010 it jumped 1 full year, Hmm)

Comparing the PD now and 2 years ago, we are somewhere between August/September VB's of 2010.

Question is, will we jump to Jan 2006 come October VB?

I do hope so, and I hope we don't hit the same wall again and bounce back.

Any theories, prophecies, suggestions?

Edited by PatientMan

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

That would be great, seeing 2006 this October. I hope we see 2006 before 2012 ends or at least in January.

I'm nervous though, wondering if things will slow down after reaching Feb 2006 or if we will run out of visas before finishing 2006. I am Sept 2006.

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Timeline

That would be great, seeing 2006 this October. I hope we see 2006 before 2012 ends or at least in January.

I'm nervous though, wondering if things will slow down after reaching Feb 2006 or if we will run out of visas before finishing 2006. I am Sept 2006.

Im nervous too, but considering its new "Visa year" there is hope.

I was hoping they provide some prediction for coming months, but they didnt. Maybe they do that in October VB next month.

Im content with 6-8 weeks movement per VB. But faster the better.

I guess in 2 weeks time we will see if people start getting their letters.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Im nervous too, but considering its new "Visa year" there is hope.

I was hoping they provide some prediction for coming months, but they didnt. Maybe they do that in October VB next month.

Im content with 6-8 weeks movement per VB. But faster the better.

I guess in 2 weeks time we will see if people start getting their letters.

I'm hopeful too! We need tons of patience, it is a waiting game after all!

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Timeline

These r the people we must look for in the Oct VB...

2005OCT(MO)-------------28OCT05

2005OCT(MATT)-----------01NOV05

MARIAC------------------01NOV05

SAM_LEO-----------------20NOV05[/color]

MAY_TAURUS--------------17JAN06

I will go upto Sam_Leo...for next VB ..However i am not at all optimistic abt me...I dont see i can get I/L for Oct VB.....I guess for Nov or Dec i can be scheduled for an Interview...

Edited by may_taurus

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Timeline

Hello Guys

i'm new here, my PD is May 12 2006

Welcome to our thread Pedram....

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Family 1st------ROW------------CHINA---------Dom Rep------INDIA----------MEXICO-------PHILIPPINES

Sept 2012------01OCT05------01OCT05------<Empty>------01OCT05------08JUN93------08NOV94

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nov 2010-------15FEB06--------15FEB06------<Empty>------15FEB06------22DEC92------01APR97

Oct 2010-------15FEB06--------15FEB06------<Empty>------15FEB06------15DEC92------01MAR97

Sept 2010-----01JAN06--------01JAN06-------01JAN06------01JAN06-------01DEC92------01JAN97

Aug 2010------01AUG05--------01AUG05------01AUG05-----01AUG05-----15NOV92------01JAN96

July 2010-------01APR05--------01APR05------01APR05------01APR05-----01NOV92------01SEP95

Something I had not noticed before was that Dom Republic stopped being included in the VB as of Oct 2010 and the 2011 visa listings.

Its clear that going back to similar time 2 years ago and before retrogression, only Mexico has moved forward. Philippines has gone backwards for few years ( and in aug/sept 2010 it jumped 1 full year, Hmm)

Comparing the PD now and 2 years ago, we are somewhere between August/September VB's of 2010.

Any theories, prophecies, suggestions?

Hi Patientman

thanks for the data

Would u plz tell me What's the meaning of the word "EMPTY" FOR Republic Dominican and how did u find that for Republic Dominican?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.