Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

vb is finally out.. cut off for f1 is August 1st

Yes! :thumbs:

Congrats to Zeldavn and Mr.Longawaiting1 !

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thanks...yeah i posted my date last month

good.gifgood.gif welll good. welcome

congrats to all others

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

You guys, we need to send this petition to President Obama and senators to oppose H.R. 3012. This bill will increase the numbers of visa per country from 7% to 15% and if it becomes a law, the result is the longer wait time for ROW chargeability for both employment and family-based immigration petition. I did send the petition and I really need you guys to do the same. We have been waiting for so so long and I am tired of waiting already. Please!!!!

http://www.petition2congress.com/5677/oppose-hr-3012-its-companions-1857/

Filed: Timeline

I wanted to let you know about a new petition I created on We the People,

a new feature on WhiteHouse.gov, and ask for your support. Will you add your

name to mine? If this petition gets 25,000 signatures by August 12, 2012,

the White House will review it and respond!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/oppose-passage-hr-3012-fairness-high-skilled-immigrants-act/gD52rqxN?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

Oppose passage of HR 3012 – The Fairness for High-Skilled

Immigrants Act.

This bill will increase the numbers of visa per country from 7% to 15% and if it becomes a law, the result is the longer wait time for ROW chargeability for both employment and family-based immigration petition.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

This bill will increase the numbers of visa per country from 7% to 15% and if it becomes a law, the result is the longer wait time for ROW chargeability for both employment and family-based immigration petition.

Can you guys explain how this bill going into law would affect family based petitions? It seems to me that it only affects employment based visas.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-784568

Go to below website, it briefly talked about this bill. It had been on hold by Senator Grassley (R-IA) since the end of last year while he edited some wordings of the bill. He now lifted the hold and it will be moved to Senate for vote. If it passes it will eliminate the annual per country cap for employment based petition and increase the numbers of annual visas from 7% to 15% for family based petition but there is no increase of annual visa numbers which results in longer wait time for visa applicants of the rest of the world(ROWers) and this bill will help the backlog for Mexico and Philippines visa applicants at the expenses of ROWers. For example, each year F1 category provided with 23,400 visas but single country only allows 7% which is 1,638 visas. However, Mexico and Philippines have more than 1,638 visa applicants each year that causes the movement of cut-off date to move slowly because they are oversubscribed the visa numbers that is the reason why they have their own cut-off-dates. If this bill passes or becomes a law which will increase 7% to 15% meaning a single country will receive 3,510 instead of 1,638 visa numbers each years but the total annual visa numbers for F1 category will still be the same which is 23,400 results in slower movement in ROWers, india and China. This bill will result in the longer wait time for F1, F2A, F2B, F3 and F4 the rest of the world chargeability the visa applicants as well as India and China. Who will benefit most from this bill? The answer is EB2, EB3 India and China employment based visa applicants and Mexico as well as China family based visa applicants

http://www.aila.org/...spx?docid=37451

Edited by loudoff

Sorry!!, one correction on Philippines instead of China, "......Who will benefit most from this bill? The answer is EB2, EB3 India and China employment based visa applicants and Mexico as well as Philippines family based visa applicants"

Edited by loudoff

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.