Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Earlier it was in Chennai,later reassigned to Mumbai.

Grt so we both will hav Interview at Mumbai.

But since u r currently working at Saudi Arabia u will hav to request NVC to change ur Consulate...from Mumbai to Saudi Arabia

Also, be aware that Consular Officers are very strict in Interviewing applicants if they hav travelled at any T- Based countries or Saudi Countries. They may do a thorough Background check on your profile even if u r from India and keep u in Administrative Processing until ur name is cleared.....

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Grt so we both will hav Interview at Mumbai.

But since u r currently working at Saudi Arabia u will hav to request NVC to change ur Consulate...from Mumbai to Saudi Arabia

Also, be aware that Consular Officers are very strict in Interviewing applicants if they hav travelled at any T- Based countries or Saudi Countries. They may do a thorough Background check on your profile even if u r from India and keep u in Administrative Processing until ur name is cleared.....

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello evryone,i am new here,and i learnt about ths site from a friend,i am an f1 derivatve(sp)meaning my mum is in f1 and i am her child who was filed 4 under her name..priority date is july 15th 2005 nd i wuld like to inform u that we hav gotn our interview letter for august 20th...i turned 21 ths may bt my lawyer told me that i am eligible for cspa since our case was approved in january 2006...very nervous n excited,hope al goes well...

Thanks for joining and letting us know about your interview. Congrats!! :thumbs:

Welcome simisyed!

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Timeline

Really?I'm unaware of that.By the way,can you tell me where did you get this info?I have submitted civil docs including police certificates both from India and Saudi Arabia.

Yes..this is true...Even if u hav send Police Certificates from Both India and Saudi Arabia they in interrogate every thing why u went saudi, how u went, what to do u there etc.....

So be prepared to answer all these questions....They are very suspicious if an applicant has travelled to T- List Countries.

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

NVC STAGE

June 08 2015 IV PAID

Timeline

Yes..this is true...Even if u hav send Police Certificates from Both India and Saudi Arabia they in interrogate every thing why u went saudi, how u went, what to do u there etc.....

So be prepared to answer all these questions....They are very suspicious if an applicant has travelled to T- List Countries.

1. No, they wont put you in AP because ur an indian national.

2. All u need to obtain police clearance from ur local police station where u live in saudi.

3. passport clearance will be issued by indian authority, since ur an indian national.

4. You need to obtain police clearance from chennai or other cities too where u lived more than 6 months in india.

You are in saudi for CERTAIN reason that could be study or work, therefore there are not much hurdles like AP regulates on indian nationals. There are many indians out there who have been working in middle east while waiting for their petition to get current with NVC. Not a big deal, relax and enjoy summers. :thumbs:

Timeline

they in interrogate every thing why u went saudi, how u went, what to do u there etc.....

Yes, they interrogate every applicant in a world. They might ask these questions if u visit UK or Australia. There's no harm to visit middle east.

They are very suspicious if an applicant has travelled to T- List Countries.

T-List (Terrorist list) lolzz ..... Its not like that, they have each and every detail with them if you are in india too. Terrorism is not an act which facilitates in middle east countries only, it could be anywhere in a world. Although, they are strict with Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan & Bangladesh but I haven't seen anybody from Saudi & UAE stuck in AP.

Timeline

they in interrogate every thing why u went saudi, how u went, what to do u there etc.....

Yes, they interrogate every applicant in a world. They might ask these questions if u visit UK or Australia. There's no harm to visit middle east.

They are very suspicious if an applicant has travelled to T- List Countries.

T-List (Terrorist list) lolzz ..... Its not like that, they have each and every detail with them if you are in india too. Terrorism is not an act which facilitates in middle east countries only, it could be anywhere in a world. Although, they are strict with Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan & Bangladesh but I haven't seen anybody from Saudi & UAE stuck in AP.

Timeline

Well its a hard time for all f1 to wait that long............ in month of July 2012 Delhi Embassy have only 7 F1 interviews and Bombay consulate have only 3 F1 interviews ........ it a very small amount of F1 interview .... but a very big number of F4's n f3's....it seems that they are getting out of the quota limit of 2012....... n i can guess that this month July (August VB) movement will also be very small.....and will be the same small movement for August vb(September VB)...after that new quota will start and hopefully we can see some good movement.......so stop waiting for a big movement till new visa quota comes...........

wait.....wait...wait n just wait........

22 July will be next pd for next month vb

This is the worst and the longest retrogression in the VB history

God bless America n God bless us all.

Edited by SAM_LEO

Timeline

Well its a hard time for all f1 to wait that long............ in month of July 2012 Delhi Embassy have only 7 F1 interviews and Bombay consulate have only 3 F1 interviews ........ it a very small amount of F1 interview .... but a very big number of F4's n f3's....it seems that they are getting out of the quota limit of 2012....... n i can guess that this month July (August VB) movement will also be very small.....and will be the same small movement for August vb(September VB)...after that new quota will start and hopefully we can see some good movement.......so stop waiting for a big movement till new visa quota comes...........

wait.....wait...wait n just wait........

22 July will be next pd for next month vb

This is the worst and the longest retrogression in the VB history

God bless America n God bless us all.

U r right @samleo....i also feel the same......... just forget big jump for next 2 months and wait see what New Fiscal brings for us. I also think Aug VB will be 22 July or at most 1 Aug 2005....Not more that that.

Even for F2A guys there has been just 1 month movement till now so that also feel that F2A will move only 1 month.

I think we will see Jan 2006 by Nov or Dec this year......So DOS will take 2 years to get back to Feb 2006 which was in Year 2010. I think this is really frustrating.....

Just to meet my parents and stay with them i hav to wait 7 yrs ....what the helllllllll......This is one of the world's worst Immigration System.......We can see other countries...there is not such a long waiting period for children and spouses of residents....Really this thing frustrates me.....

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

NVC STAGE

June 08 2015 IV PAID

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

+1

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

U r right @samleo....i also feel the same......... just forget big jump for next 2 months and wait see what New Fiscal brings for us. I also think Aug VB will be 22 July or at most 1 Aug 2005....Not more that that.

Even for F2A guys there has been just 1 month movement till now so that also feel that F2A will move only 1 month.

I think we will see Jan 2006 by Nov or Dec this year......So DOS will take 2 years to get back to Feb 2006 which was in Year 2010. I think this is really frustrating.....

Just to meet my parents and stay with them i hav to wait 7 yrs ....what the helllllllll......This is one of the world's worst Immigration System.......We can see other countries...there is not such a long waiting period for children and spouses of residents....Really this thing frustrates me.....

Well i think Aug VB will be 01/Aug......coz last month F1,F3 nd F4 ....2 weeks movement so now it should be 3 weeks movement....nd after 15/july PD have no person...in this forum or other website.....so Gud Luck.....01/Aug/05. :thumbs:

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well i think Aug VB will be 01/Aug......coz last month F1,F3 nd F4 ....2 weeks movement so now it should be 3 weeks movement....nd after 15/july PD have no person...in this forum or other website.....so Gud Luck.....01/Aug/05. :thumbs:

Should they be slowing down or speeding up towards the end of the fiscal year? We only have two months left in it. Have all the visa numbers been used up so far?

Edited by javisakid

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Should they be slowing down or speeding up towards the end of the fiscal year? We only have two months left in it. Have all the visa numbers been used up so far?

Well i think Visa qouta is full now....coz 2 months remain Aug and Sep/12 nd PD 7 months Different Feb/2006...so they slowing down movement...we have to wait Oct/12 VB...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.