Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but from an article today in the New York Times I came across these official statistics about the naturalization of permanent residents between 2009 and 2011. It might be interesting for you to read.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/natz_fr_2011.pdf

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but from an article today in the New York Times I came across these official statistics about the naturalization of permanent residents between 2009 and 2011. It might be interesting for you to read.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/natz_fr_2011.pdf

I dont think so this is doesn't matter or effect F1 or any other category....just guess Aug/12 VB PD.

Gud Luck.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I dont think so this is doesn't matter or effect F1 or any other category....just guess Aug/12 VB PD.

Gud Luck.

one thing is for sure, the more and sooner people become citizens the more applicants from F2b will spill over to F1, hence longer waitig time for F1's.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

one thing is for sure, the more and sooner people become citizens the more applicants from F2b will spill over to F1, hence longer waitig time for F1's.

That wont harm 2006 and 2007 applicants in that way.

by the way, bigger picture will be changed after 2 years, there are very positive chances to increase waiting times in F1 and F2B will reduce by a year or two.

Spillover means unused numbers by precedence category to the following one, in that F2B will get a good chance to enjoy the spillover whereas F1 gt this opportunity when there are unused numbers left behind by F4 of previous year.

F2A is going at a good pace, look at mexican date which shares with the rest of the world too, therefore DOS managed to set all of them at one place withing the given budget for each year.

I am getting a strong feeling that F2B will cross the F1 in long run, i have analyzed the pattern of data of last decade where F2B is always far away from F2A by 4 years gap. If F2A keeps to manage 1 year time frame then its for sure that f2b will fall down to 6 years time frame.

Anyways, back to the topic F2b conversions doesnt affect F1 right now, its not possible. Still stand for this then kindly explain it with reasonable answer which must be digestive rather than a vague idea or assumption.

good luck to all :thumbs:

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That wont harm 2006 and 2007 applicants in that way.

by the way, bigger picture will be changed after 2 years, there are very positive chances to increase waiting times in F1 and F2B will reduce by a year or two.

Spillover means unused numbers by precedence category to the following one, in that F2B will get a good chance to enjoy the spillover whereas F1 gt this opportunity when there are unused numbers left behind by F4 of previous year.

F2A is going at a good pace, look at mexican date which shares with the rest of the world too, therefore DOS managed to set all of them at one place withing the given budget for each year.

I am getting a strong feeling that F2B will cross the F1 in long run, i have analyzed the pattern of data of last decade where F2B is always far away from F2A by 4 years gap. If F2A keeps to manage 1 year time frame then its for sure that f2b will fall down to 6 years time frame.

Anyways, back to the topic F2b conversions doesnt affect F1 right now, its not possible. Still stand for this then kindly explain it with reasonable answer which must be digestive rather than a vague idea or assumption.

good luck to all :thumbs:

Its very simple and if you feel its "vague" and you cant digest it, so be it or try a White Russian, possibly just Brady on its own. :rofl:

Timeline

Its very simple and if you feel its "vague" and you cant digest it, so be it or try a White Russian, possibly just Brady on its own. :rofl:

hahahahaha

how funny, grow up kid

try to give some meaningful thought if u have some source to provide that .....

Timeline

hahahahaha

how funny, grow up kid

try to give some meaningful thought if u have some source to provide that .....

Dont fight........Just Guess Aug/12 VB....F1,F3, and F4 PPL recevied interview letter....2 weeks movement and F2A PPL recevied interview letter 1 month movement.........i think visa quota is full now 2012 year...well Let C..Gud Luck. :thumbs:

Timeline

Guys just to share some info regarding Mitt Romney's Immigration Plan which he recently outlined:

A National Immigration Strategy

As president, Mitt Romney will implement a national immigration strategy to address our nation’s broken immigration system. He will reach across the aisle and work with Congress to forge lasting solutions.

Grow Our Economy By Growing Legal Immigration

The United States is currently excluding too many workers who will start businesses, create jobs, foster innovation, and help grow our economy.

Attract More Highly Skilled Immigrants:

· High-skill immigrants start companies, create jobs, and drive innovation at an especially high rate. The United States is also projected to face a shortage of 230,000 science and technology workers by 2018. At the same time, we have set the caps on high-skill visas so low that, for some countries, an entire year’s quota has been filled in an hour. Mitt Romney will ask Congress to raise the caps on visas for highly skilled immigrants.

· Many country caps—or limits on immigrants from specific countries—are so low, that America is losing some of the best and brightest to our international competitors. Mitt Romney will work with Congress to raise the country caps.

· America should keep the best and the brightest here in the United States. Every foreign student who obtains an advanced degree in math, science, or engineering at a U.S. university should be granted permanent residency.

Make The Temporary Worker Visa System Functional:

Too often, harvest or tourist season passes before temporary worker visas are approved. In 2006 and 2007, nearly half (43%) of all applications for temporary agricultural workers were not processed on time.

· As president, Mitt Romney will make the system for bringing in temporary agricultural workers and other seasonal workers functional for both employers and immigrants. We should get rid of unnecessary requirements that delay issuance of a visa, and we should speed the processing of applications.

· Mitt Romney will work with Congress, states, and employers to properly set the cap on non-agricultural temporary worker visas. Many tourist-oriented businesses in the United States rely on these workers and would have to cut back or cease operations if there are not enough visas.

Secure Our Borders & Discourage Illegal Immigration

According to the non-partisan Government Accountability Office, Border Patrol lacks control of over half of our southwest border. And some estimates indicate that over 40% of illegal immigrants in America entered the country legally, but then overstayed their visas.

· Mitt Romney will complete a high-tech fence to enhance border security.

· Mitt Romney will ensure that we have the officers on the ground we need to gain control of the border.

· A Romney Administration will work to develop an efficient, effective system of exit verification to ensure people do not overstay their visas.

· Mitt Romney will develop an effective, mandatory employment verification system that will enable employers to be sure that those they hire are eligible to work. This will discourage illegal immigrants from coming to America to seek jobs.

· Mitt Romney will foster a legal immigration system that works. This will offer an alternative to those who would otherwise enter illegally. For instance, reforming our current temporary worker program will offer employers who need such staff a legal option to find employees.

Cut Red Tape That Is Keeping Immediate Families Apart

Currently, legal immigrants in America often have to wait years to be with husbands, wives, and minor children. As president, Mitt Romney will ensure that husbands, wives, and their minor children are brought together on a timely basis.

· Mitt Romney will speed the processing of applications by eliminating the red tape that is keeping immediate families apart.

· Mitt Romney will work with Congress to give legal permanent residents the same priority as citizens when applying to bring husbands, wives, and minor children to the United States.

· Mitt Romney will reallocate green cards to family of citizens and legal permanent residents.

Military Service

Mitt Romney believes that young illegal immigrants who were brought to the United States as children should have the chance to become permanent residents, and eventually citizens, by serving honorably in the United States military.

Well...no space for Sons & Daughters of US Citizens a swell as F2B Applicants.....

Edited by may_taurus

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Timeline

Guys just to share some info regarding Mitt Romney's Immigration Plan which he recently outlined:

A National Immigration Strategy

As president, Mitt Romney will implement a national immigration strategy to address our nation’s broken immigration system. He will reach across the aisle and work with Congress to forge lasting solutions.

Grow Our Economy By Growing Legal Immigration

The United States is currently excluding too many workers who will start businesses, create jobs, foster innovation, and help grow our economy.

Attract More Highly Skilled Immigrants:

· High-skill immigrants start companies, create jobs, and drive innovation at an especially high rate. The United States is also projected to face a shortage of 230,000 science and technology workers by 2018. At the same time, we have set the caps on high-skill visas so low that, for some countries, an entire year’s quota has been filled in an hour. Mitt Romney will ask Congress to raise the caps on visas for highly skilled immigrants.

· Many country caps—or limits on immigrants from specific countries—are so low, that America is losing some of the best and brightest to our international competitors. Mitt Romney will work with Congress to raise the country caps.

· America should keep the best and the brightest here in the United States. Every foreign student who obtains an advanced degree in math, science, or engineering at a U.S. university should be granted permanent residency.

Make The Temporary Worker Visa System Functional:

Too often, harvest or tourist season passes before temporary worker visas are approved. In 2006 and 2007, nearly half (43%) of all applications for temporary agricultural workers were not processed on time.

· As president, Mitt Romney will make the system for bringing in temporary agricultural workers and other seasonal workers functional for both employers and immigrants. We should get rid of unnecessary requirements that delay issuance of a visa, and we should speed the processing of applications.

· Mitt Romney will work with Congress, states, and employers to properly set the cap on non-agricultural temporary worker visas. Many tourist-oriented businesses in the United States rely on these workers and would have to cut back or cease operations if there are not enough visas.

Secure Our Borders & Discourage Illegal Immigration

According to the non-partisan Government Accountability Office, Border Patrol lacks control of over half of our southwest border. And some estimates indicate that over 40% of illegal immigrants in America entered the country legally, but then overstayed their visas.

· Mitt Romney will complete a high-tech fence to enhance border security.

· Mitt Romney will ensure that we have the officers on the ground we need to gain control of the border.

· A Romney Administration will work to develop an efficient, effective system of exit verification to ensure people do not overstay their visas.

· Mitt Romney will develop an effective, mandatory employment verification system that will enable employers to be sure that those they hire are eligible to work. This will discourage illegal immigrants from coming to America to seek jobs.

· Mitt Romney will foster a legal immigration system that works. This will offer an alternative to those who would otherwise enter illegally. For instance, reforming our current temporary worker program will offer employers who need such staff a legal option to find employees.

Cut Red Tape That Is Keeping Immediate Families Apart

Currently, legal immigrants in America often have to wait years to be with husbands, wives, and minor children. As president, Mitt Romney will ensure that husbands, wives, and their minor children are brought together on a timely basis.

· Mitt Romney will speed the processing of applications by eliminating the red tape that is keeping immediate families apart.

· Mitt Romney will work with Congress to give legal permanent residents the same priority as citizens when applying to bring husbands, wives, and minor children to the United States.

· Mitt Romney will reallocate green cards to family of citizens and legal permanent residents.

Military Service

Mitt Romney believes that young illegal immigrants who were brought to the United States as children should have the chance to become permanent residents, and eventually citizens, by serving honorably in the United States military.

Well...no space for Sons & Daughters of US Citizens a swell as F2B Applicants.....

May be this will effect new year visa quota 2013 starting from Oct/12.....well Let C what happen up coming next 2 VB...Aug and Sep/12...Gud Luck:)

Timeline

May be this will effect new year visa quota 2013 starting from Oct/12.....well Let C what happen up coming next 2 VB...Aug and Sep/12...Gud Luck:)

No Dude it can only affect when Mitt Romney becomes President and then he passes the bill and when the Bill comes in effect. This has nuthin to do with Visa Bulletin for next Fiscal ( Year 2013) so dont worry abt that, Just now to see how much our category moves.

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Timeline

No Dude it can only affect when Mitt Romney becomes President and then he passes the bill and when the Bill comes in effect. This has nuthin to do with Visa Bulletin for next Fiscal ( Year 2013) so dont worry abt that, Just now to see how much our category moves.

Okey...wht u think Dude....Aug/12 VB ....Any Guess????

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Man, I need my green card like immediately. I'm really tired of waiting, dammit. Does anyone else feel as though their life is being put on hold? Sorry for ranting, but I know this is the only place where other people would understand what I mean. Not only am I separated from my mother for 6 years now, I feel so trapped living life in a month-by-month cycle of "what's going to happen this month? Will it be closer? Yes? No?" I'm frustrated with the fact that although I know it's inevitable that a date will come, I want to make plans for what I will do in life (as a career, for example) while there and yet since I don't know when that date is, I can't even make any real plans about anything. I have to pretend as though I'm not migrating even though I will be. At least it's fortunate that I can travel there on my tourist visa for now, but it's such a tease. It's like someone dangling something in front of your face but telling you you can't have it now. But 6 years is a long damn time! I'm effing ready. GRRR!!!

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Timeline

Man, I need my green card like immediately. I'm really tired of waiting, dammit. Does anyone else feel as though their life is being put on hold? Sorry for ranting, but I know this is the only place where other people would understand what I mean. Not only am I separated from my mother for 6 years now, I feel so trapped living life in a month-by-month cycle of "what's going to happen this month? Will it be closer? Yes? No?" I'm frustrated with the fact that although I know it's inevitable that a date will come, I want to make plans for what I will do in life (as a career, for example) while there and yet since I don't know when that date is, I can't even make any real plans about anything. I have to pretend as though I'm not migrating even though I will be. At least it's fortunate that I can travel there on my tourist visa for now, but it's such a tease. It's like someone dangling something in front of your face but telling you you can't have it now. But 6 years is a long damn time! I'm effing ready. GRRR!!!

I understand your situation dude.....every one going in frustrate.....any way......Just Guess Aug and Sep VB...?????wht PD will be come in 2 months?????

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

May_taurus, politicians are known to say anything on election years to earn some votes.

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.