Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

well it seems like well have to wait til tomorrow to see the vb

Yeah, I thought they were going to publish it sometime today by 5pm their time.

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If not today then monday.

I've tried the IVR, but it gets disconnected as soon as I press 2.

have you guys tried it? having same problem?

Looks like someone forgot to program the IVR correctly.

Timeline

I called the usual number (202-663-1541) and there's just a voicemail that says they work Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm

Timeline

I called the usual number (202-663-1541) and there's just a voicemail that says they work Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm

Hmmm, same number, till few minutes ago I was getting the message saying something about 2 year extension and J visas, press 1.

for cutoff dates press 2, and 3 to speak to some....

then after selecting 2, it disconnects.

Now they changed it (5 PM est) to just talk about opening hours.

Looks like their Telco team is playing with us, or they hired a new guy that just changed things without .....

But hey, who can we complain to. No one.

So we have to wait till Monday, so everybody, just go have an ice cream or something and enjoy the weekend.

Edited by PatientMan

Timeline

So we have to wait till Monday, so everybody, just go have an ice cream or something and enjoy the weekend.

Yeah, have a great weekend everybody! B-)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey VJers, sorry to have you guys worried. I checked my mail Thursday and i saw the good news, my interview letter was sent to me Wednesday at about midday. Its Scheduled for July 6th at 7am. 'Big Man Really Cries" LOL. Well am delighted... I'll share my experience as asap ok. Good luck to all!

Timeline

Hey VJers, sorry to have you guys worried. I checked my mail Thursday and i saw the good news, my interview letter was sent to me Wednesday at about midday. Its Scheduled for July 6th at 7am. 'Big Man Really Cries" LOL. Well am delighted... I'll share my experience as asap ok. Good luck to all!

Whoohoo, what a relief! Congrats!! :dance:

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Guys and Gals,

I am back home from the interview.

The visa was approved and they said they will mail it to me next week.

The interview itself took about 5 min, but I had to sit in the embassy for 6 hours.

the conversation was more of less like this,

Her) Right hand up, saying what you have in the file and what you would be saying is true.

Me) Yes.

Her) Ever been married?

Me) No.

Her) Sign the form saying you were never married.

Me) Signed.

Her) New photos, New polioce check, New tax forms.

Me) Passed it on to her.

Her) Typring some stuff and re arranging the documents.

Her again) Congraduations your visa is approved, we will send it with a pakcage to your address, and some information on points of entry

Me) Thanks.

Will let you know when I get the passport.

Hope the journey ends for all of you soon.

Cheers.

wow that was quick...Congrats!!!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Congratz man... thanks for sharing

P.D August 15, 2005

There are 2 people at Univision Noticias website received the interview letters for July 30 but didn't mention the priority date.

http://foro.univision.com/t5/Inmigracion-Tramites-de-Residencia/CATEGORIA-F1/td-p/440614184/page/68#axzz1u30l75KE

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

There are 2 people at Univision Noticias website received the interview letters for July 30 but didn't mention the priority date.

http://foro.univision.com/t5/Inmigracion-Tramites-de-Residencia/CATEGORIA-F1/td-p/440614184/page/68#axzz1u30l75KE

those 2people have july 5th as priority date

P.D August 15, 2005

Timeline

Thanks!! cast2006 Now, we know it moves 2 weeks :). Cast2006, hope you receive the interview letter soon.

2 weeks movement and interview date for end of july.

Well, thats does not look good at all.

I bet there are lots of F2 converts, slowing things down :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.