Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Fellow Visa journeymen and journeywomen,

I am leaving for Montreal today; my interview is scheduled for June 4th (Monday).

I will keep you posted on the questions and the process when I get back.

Wish me luck,

It was a pleasure to have waited with such good poeple,

Hope you get your interviews soon,

Cheers

P.S. If the world ends anytime soon, I will have a very serious talk with God.

Good luck! :thumbs:

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Welcome back djawal and I personally dont think the world will end anytime soon

thanks - i hope not...!

Welcome djawal!

cheers!

P.S. If the world ends anytime soon, I will have a very serious talk with God.

haha or u could try forking out a billion $$$ for a massive ship.. n get to take ur whole family :dance:

...i know i know 2012 is only a movie

Welcome djawal!!

cheers!

Hi guys, so I am done with the interview and now waiting for my passport. Interview is really straight, just simple questions about the petitioner. What dose he do for a living? How did he move to the US? Then it is your part: have you ever been in the US, if yes then when your last entry was and for how long? Are you planning to get marry before you travel to US :no: ? When do you plan to travel?

Before it all starts, they go through your entire file and check if everything's there. You must submit updated police cert. then they ask you if the photographs are current. Because I had a new ones they swap them. AOS was for 2009, and they said it is still good, but they took photocopy of 2011 tax return and W-2 form (I had them with me).

So nothing to worry about just come earlier then your appointment because everybody needs to go through security check and it takes some time.

Good luck to all of you, and hope the journey ends for all of you soon.

Edited by ansze

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Important Notice - New Application Fees: Nonimmigrant and immigrant visa application fees will change on April 13, 2012. The fees for most nonimmigrant visa applications and Border Crossing Cards will increase, while all immigrant visa application fees will decrease. All visa applicants must pay the fee amounts in effect on the day they pay, including immigrant visa applicants who pay fees to the National Visa Center (NVC).

Fees that will decrease are not refundable - If you paid a visa fee before April 13, 2012 and that fee decreased, we cannot give you a refund.

Fees that will increase (only nonimmigrant fees) - If you paid your visa fee before April 13, 2012, you do not have to pay the difference between the new and old fee amounts as long as your visa interview is on or before July 12, 2012. Starting July 13, 2012, you will be required to pay the difference between the old and new fee amounts – no exceptions.

Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fees (non-refundable, per person)

Immediate relative and family preference applications (processed on the basis of an approved I-130, I-600 or I-800 petition) $230

nvc decrease the fees for an immigrant visa this gives us a slight hope that they not send for all this applicant with advanced pd for the purpose of collecting money .

maybe our turn will be soon inshaallah

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi guys, so I am done with the interview and now waiting for my passport. Interview is really straight, just simple questions about the petitioner. What dose he do for a living? How did he move to the US? Then it is your part: have you ever been in the US, if yes then when your last entry was and for how long? Are you planning to get marry before you travel to US :no: ? When do you plan to travel?

Before it all starts, they go through your entire file and check if everything's there. You must submit updated police cert. then they ask you if the photographs are current. Because I had a new ones they swap them. AOS was for 2009, and they said it is still good, but they took photocopy of 2011 tax return and W-2 form (I had them with me).

So nothing to worry about just come earlier then your appointment because everybody needs to go through security check and it takes some time.

Good luck to all of you, and hope the journey ends for all of you soon.

Congrats Ansze :thumbs: One question - have you been to USA before? If yes - what type of visa, when and how long?

F1, PD 10 July 2006.

Timeline

I just read the folowing on the F4 thread. It seems they have started sending interview letters.

Guys, a member in vietnamese forum which PD is 16Jan2001 will be scheduled for an interview on 03July. So F4 will move forward at least 2 weeks.

Link source: http://vietditru.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6816&start=100000

Timeline

Also, on the F2A thread:

guys you're the first one to know,,,,my husband interview is schedule for July 17th at 8:00AM [PD 05 FEB 2010]

Timeline

VISAJOURNEY5------------22JUN05 (interview and biometrics done before retrogression )

MR. LONGAWAITING1-------30JUN05

CAST2006----------------15AUG05

LONERGURL---------------22AUG05

DATA2005----------------24AUG05

Good luck! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.