Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

DEAR friend i highly aprreciate the discussion with you and i think you have a good view but don't feel that i want to fight because that is definitely wrong.

finally i hope best wishes for you and all other friends :D

There is no fight to fight.

Its a discussion, view and hope.

What matters is that discussion have some solid backing and reasoning behind them. Then people can discuss and move forward and participate based on that or any new information they might have (which all of us are looking for).

The idea is to make the long waiting less boring by having some proper discussion.

The other option is that we just sit and wait early part of every month, hope for good news,.... till the PD arrives. :whistle:

Discussions are appreciated and look forward to your's and everybody's point of view.

Edited by PatientMan

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey..dudes..where r all F1. guys???

Silent since a long time....well..our category is moving at a very good speeed and after this week many will receive appt letters ...so cum on and share any news or info on F1 Visa and its PD movement for next month....

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey folks,

For the last two years, I've been living and working in Europe while waiting on my PD (Oct 2006) to be current and for an interview date to be set for me. I've been in a relationship with someone whom I have strong feelings for and I'm considering officially registering our partnership. A civil partnership. Unlike the US, where gay marriage isn't (yet) legal, in the UK it is somewhat recognised in the form of a civil union, and confers the full benefits to immigration as heterosexual marriage. My question is, if I register a partnership and gain residence here in the UK, what happens when my interview date is set? I'd still like to claim my green card when it is ready and to also become a US resident, with my partner eventually accompanying me - if and when gay partnerships are legally recognized in the US. But, for the moment, as the US government doesn't recognise gay partnerships for the purpose of immigration, it ought not to affect my interview processing when my date becomes current and I interview for this green card, right? Would it be correct to reason that if the government (NVC) chooses not to recognise gay partnerships for the purpose of conferring immigration rights, then they couldn't at the same time choose to recognise mine in the UK to somehow prevent me from gaining residence, or move me to another category, such as F3, for example? In other words, it will not legally matter that I'm in a gay partnership and also in the F1 unmarried over 21 category, will it?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Welcome Vishu!

Javisakid, I don't know what to tell you about your question. Try asking it in the main forum and see what responses you get. Lots of experts there :) Good luck!

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey folks,

For the last two years, I've been living and working in Europe while waiting on my PD (Oct 2006) to be current and for an interview date to be set for me. I've been in a relationship with someone whom I have strong feelings for and I'm considering officially registering our partnership. A civil partnership. Unlike the US, where gay marriage isn't (yet) legal, in the UK it is somewhat recognised in the form of a civil union, and confers the full benefits to immigration as heterosexual marriage. My question is, if I register a partnership and gain residence here in the UK, what happens when my interview date is set? I'd still like to claim my green card when it is ready and to also become a US resident, with my partner eventually accompanying me - if and when gay partnerships are legally recognized in the US. But, for the moment, as the US government doesn't recognise gay partnerships for the purpose of immigration, it ought not to affect my interview processing when my date becomes current and I interview for this green card, right? Would it be correct to reason that if the government (NVC) chooses not to recognise gay partnerships for the purpose of conferring immigration rights, then they couldn't at the same time choose to recognise mine in the UK to somehow prevent me from gaining residence, or move me to another category, such as F3, for example? In other words, it will not legally matter that I'm in a gay partnership and also in the F1 unmarried over 21 category, will it?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I know someone in Canada who got into a common-in-law partnership which is no different from marriage in the eyes of the government of Canada.

When she went of the interview in Montreal, she was asked how she became a permanent resident of Canada, and when she told the interviewer, all she heard in response was, "The gov of USA does not recognize this kind of marriage."

Hope it helps.

PD date: 11/May/2005

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks a lot NevermindVz and alenajafzadeh for your responses. Good luck with the waiting. :-)

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys Mumbai Consulate has yesterday posted an updated list of all visa appointments for the month of June 2012...Earlier they posted this list in mid May but yesterday they have updated the list and for our information earlier there were 17 F1 Applicants which hav increased to 32 now for June.....

This shows there r still lot applicants pending for their visa with PD in year 2005.....In cumin months we can see a more clear picture and with advancement of VB....but i am very anxiously waiting for July VB and i would go for 15 Aug (7 weeks) or 22 Aug (8 Weeks) or 1 Sep 2005 (9 weeks) for next month VB.....Hope the last one comes true...

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Guys Mumbai Consulate has yesterday posted an updated list of all visa appointments for the month of June 2012...Earlier they posted this list in mid May but yesterday they have updated the list and for our information earlier there were 17 F1 Applicants which hav increased to 32 now for June.....

This shows there r still lot applicants pending for their visa with PD in year 2005.....In cumin months we can see a more clear picture and with advancement of VB....but i am very anxiously waiting for July VB and i would go for 15 Aug (7 weeks) or 22 Aug (8 Weeks) or 1 Sep 2005 (9 weeks) for next month VB.....Hope the last one comes true...

looking at the dates, you will notice lots of NVC dates 2005 and 2009, then some 2011.

this would mean there are lots of transfers from F2 into F1.

btw, I noticed many times that you spell the word "coming" as cumin.

Look at the below link to explain what your spelling actually means.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cum

Edited by PatientMan

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi guys

I have been following this forum for quite some time and I have finally decided to join. Lets continue to hope for the best..Good Luck to all of us!

My PD: March 2006

Welcome! Glad to see new members joining!

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

looking at the dates, you will notice lots of NVC dates 2005 and 2009, then some 2011.

:lol::ot2:

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Jajaja, after that clarification note Im sure he's gonna spell it right from now on......

Two more weeks for new VB!!! Hope for good news once again!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.