Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have a question. I found this in a document on the Visa Bulletin site:

Only persons with a priority date earlier than a cut-off date are entitled to allotment of a visa

number. The cut-off dates are the 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd of a month, since VO groups demand

for numbers under these dates. (Priority dates of the first through seventh of a month are grouped

under the 1st, the eighth through the fourteenth under the 8th, etc.)

What does the line in parentheses mean?

No Idea.

According to VB:

" The cut-off date for an oversubscribed category is the priority date of the first applicant who could not be reached within the numerical limits. Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number. "

Timeline

I have a question. I found this in a document on the Visa Bulletin site:

Only persons with a priority date earlier than a cut-off date are entitled to allotment of a visa

number. The cut-off dates are the 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd of a month, since VO groups demand

for numbers under these dates. (Priority dates of the first through seventh of a month are grouped

under the 1st, the eighth through the fourteenth under the 8th, etc.)

What does the line in parentheses mean?

Its just referring to the grouping.

Basically if you PD is June 22, then everybody from June 22 till last day of the month are in the same group and you have to wait for PD to be set to minimum July 1.

Sorry dude, you have to wait just a little longer, but at least you know you will be the first to get notified.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Nice!! Almost two months!!

Visajourney, just a question, you are adjusting in US right? Did you start your case ( biometrics, etc...) before the retrogresion right?

Im asking because if you are adjusting your status in US, you have to wait until you are current in your priority date to start process on your case.....

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

F1 22JUN05 22JUN05 22JUN05 15MAY93 01JUL97

F2A 01JAN10 01JAN10 01JAN10 08DEC09 01JAN10

F2B 15APR04 15APR04 15APR04 01JAN92 08DEC01

F3 01APR02 01APR02 01APRR02 15JAN93 22JUL92

F4 08JAN01 15DEC00 08JAN01 01JUN96 22JAN89

Edited by mohamed el bakr

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, Hope you all doing great. This movement of 7 weeks is a great movement. I have a feeling that last 3 months we are going to cover almost 6 more months. They always seem to speed up the movement in the second half of the visa bulletin. I have a feeling that by September visa bulletin we should be around December 2005 or January of 2006. Im just not happy to see the predictions for upcoming visa bulletin like they gave it the last time. Last time they said that there can be a movement of 4 to 6 weeks and I wanted to see their prediction for next VB so Im not sure why they didnt include that in June visa bulletin. But again Im happy and hope we have atleast 2 month movement till September visa bulletin. Good luck all of you.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey guys, Hope you all doing great. This movement of 7 weeks is a great movement. I have a feeling that last 3 months we are going to cover almost 6 more months. They always seem to speed up the movement in the second half of the visa bulletin. I have a feeling that by September visa bulletin we should be around December 2005 or January of 2006. Im just not happy to see the predictions for upcoming visa bulletin like they gave it the last time. Last time they said that there can be a movement of 4 to 6 weeks and I wanted to see their prediction for next VB so Im not sure why they didnt include that in June visa bulletin. But again Im happy and hope we have atleast 2 month movement till September visa bulletin. Good luck all of you.

I do hope the same... Hopefully it starts moving faster in these last 3 months :D

P.D August 15, 2005

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well..in VB site it still says June VB Coming Soon...but since u have heard on Phone line its grt news for all of us...its about 7 week movement...i was hoping for 2 months exact..but anyways its better late then never...

ut after the prediction last month by Charles Oppenheim that it would move 4-6 weeks it moved more than expected

Earlier also they predicted same movement of 4-6 weeks and first it moved 6 weeks and then second month 2.5 months......so i think July will be good for us....Hope so and also it is going to be last 3 months of this fiscal year so they can now easily estimate how many visa numbers are left and so it could move more than expected/....

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hello friends VB for june 2005 is out..... GOOD NEWS....F1 moves 7 weeks

For India

F1 22-June-2005

FX 8-December-2009

F2A 1-January-2010

F2B 15-April-2004

F3 1-April-2002

F4 8-January-2001

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/cut_off_dates.html

ENJOYYYY

17 F1 cases in Bombay Embassy in june 2005

Edited by SAM_LEO

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What happen, no ones posting? :yes:

It's officially out!!

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5712.html

Edited by Westlink

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

hello friends VB for june 2005 is out..... GOOD NEWS....F1 moves 7 weeks

For India

F1 22-June-2005

FX 8-December-2009

F2A 1-January-2010

F2B 15-April-2004

F3 1-April-2002

F4 8-January-2001

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/cut_off_dates.html

ENJOYYYY

17 F1 cases in Bombay Embassy in june 2005

Hey Samleo ofcourse there are 17 F1 cases for Mumbai but did u noticed that 3-4 case numbers are repeated twice and one case number is repeated thrice....Just look carefully....

And do u also Mumbai Consulate as mine or different one ???

One more thing, since this is the last 3 months of Fiscal 2012 so i assume that next three months movement will be very crucial for us...

Another important point is that F2A which has more visa numbers than F1 also moved less as compared to F1 i.e. it moved 6 weeks . .Seems there r very less applicants in F1 with 2005 PD 2005 as we estimate .

They predicted in May VB it will move 4-6 weeks..and it moved 7 weeks...

For F2A they predicted 2-2.5 months and it moved 6 weeks.....what can we say here???

this means there are more visa numbers left for F1..

I assume July will move 2 months 1 week to 1 August 2005...

August VB to Oct 2005 2 months movement

September VB to Dec 2005 2 more months

The new Fiscal 2013 i hope we can see Jan or Feb 2006...This is just my assumption dude...i wish it becomes true.

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I assume July will move 2 months 1 week to 1 August 2005...

August VB to Oct 2005 2 months movement

September VB to Dec 2005 2 more months

The new Fiscal 2013 i hope we can see Jan or Feb 2006...This is just my assumption dude...i wish it becomes true.

I really do wish too that the following months stick to your prediction :yes:

P.D August 15, 2005

Timeline

And the board has gone real quite.

I know everyone is hoping for minimum 2 months jump for every monthly VB but guys and gals, how sure are we that it will jump up like that?

Here are few things to consider:

1) Visas available from now till end of September

2) Many first half of 2005 applicants who managed to get the paperwork sorted and get interviews by latestest Nov/Dec, got their visas but how many from August-December 2005 applicants managed to get their visas? My guess, less than 0.05%.

So, majority of 2005 applicants are still waiting.

3)Spillover from F2 Category, basically, petitioners that had GC and became citizens and had applied much sooner than us.

It means people with GC back in mid 2007 can now become citizen, and their application for their kids will automatically switch over to F1. (just look at the case number of some folks scheduled for interviews, some goe back to 2003 etc)

4) Look at the number of applicants each year, increasing, and according to Nov 2011 report, people waiting for visas to become available for F1 is "295,168" and increasing (just look at the USCIS chart. (and over 320'000 as of Feb 2012)

this is 6.5% of total family based applicants (F1-F4) = 4,501,066.

5) just around 23400 visas per year, and atleast few tousands going to mexico, philippines, ....

Besides that, some of the applicants might got/get their GC through work or other means before hand,.... does anyone have any useful information (or logic )about why VB could/should move forward more than 1 month at a time????????

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I don't have any useful information, but I have thought about it. The cut-off date reached 15-Feb-06, then moved to 1-Jan-05, before it retrogressed all the way to 1-May-04. So there's many F1 people waiting after Jan-05, and of course a lot more after Feb-06. We are now on Jun-05.

My feeling is that it will keep moving like now for the next couple months, or at least until September's VB, and then it will slow down. This mostly because there will be a lot more cases pending then than there are now. Hopefully it will keep moving fast for many more months though!

Edited by NevermindVz

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

My analyses are that there are a couple reasons of the slow movement and retrogression for F1. It was mentioned in the Cut-off Date Worldwide PDF file below visa bulletin webpage that one of them was the conversion of F2B to F1 and the other, the "potential Y2K problem." My assumption on Y2K problem is that it is the problem of computer system that did not support or recognize of year 2000 (correct me if I am wrong). During that time, the backlog was so severe until they had to retrograde the cut-off dates after another for F1. I also agree with you, NevermineVz that the recent movement was faster than normal due to some of the 2005 F1 applicants had filed for their visas before the retrogression had occurred and it would probably move a little slower when it reaches Feb 15, 1006 cut-off date. When taking the consideration of the movement in the last 4 years, my estimation is that the average cut-off dates movement of FY 2013 in October or November should probably be 3 weeks to 4 weeks or 12 months per year. I really want it to jump to my priority date in the next couple of months though, but I know it is impossible.:lol:

Edited by loudoff

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.