Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yaa,,...we think that there r less applicants in year 2005..but the picture is sumthg different than we assume...

we think that members here r the only guys with PDs in year 2005 but there r still lot of applicants who r not member here but hav PD in year 2005....May be they must be unaware of these forum and discussion living in small towns or villages...

Coz last month there were total 39 applicants of India + 13 more of New Delhi Consulate....So total 52 applicants of India only....

Now PD has just moved 1 month and there r 19 applicants...New Delhi embassy has not yet posted appointments for May 2012...so the number still is not exact....

But i still hope there would be a lot more Visa Numbers left in this fiscal and our category move 2 months each month...i dont go for more but 2 months would be reasonable....

Probably we can see Jan 2006 in next 5 months i.e in Oct 2012 VB...Well i just hope, the picture can be different also....

Hi All,

Looking at the interview schedule from the Indian consulats, if one pays a bit of attention you will notice multiple duplicate/triplicate/... entries with same Case number.

I noticed it in F1 and particularly for F4 categories.

Im not sure, if it is just mistakes in publication of the schedule or perhaps it referes to some sort of dependents.

For F1, it could only be dependent children.

Another thing i noticed, was some cases date back to 2009 and 2005.

Maybe they are F2-F1 converted cases or something.

What do you guys think?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hi for everyone

i think that most of us know that the annual numerical limit for a single country in f1 category is 7 percent of 23400 visa or 1638 visa.

And for f2b category is 1838 visa.

But iam wonder why a country like dominican republic get in year 2010 (3841) visa in f1 category and (12866)visa in f2b category!!!!!!

which by far exceed the annual limits per country and the same is happen for many years.#

even mexico which is the most heavy demand country did not get this huge amount of visas.

i think guys that dominican republic absorb our visas.

#my reference is ncv statistacis

Timeline

hi for everyone

i think that most of us know that the annual numerical limit for a single country in f1 category is 7 percent of 23400 visa or 1638 visa.

But iam wonder why a country like dominican republic get in year 2010 (3841) visa in f1 category and (12866)visa in f2b category!!!!!!

which by far exceed the annual limits per country and the same is happen for many years.#

even mexico which is the most heavy demand country did not get this huge amount of visas.

Where exactly did you get this statistic?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Whatever the case is but they wont issue visas to any country greater than 7% of annual cap...

It can be the unused visas could be transferred from one category to another but here in this fiscal i dont see any thg like unused visas coz majority applicants have completed cases at NVC 1-2 years before....so no posssibility of any visa being unused...

One thing i have observed in our thread is that we all predict abt movement and prediction of F1 PD and when one got INterview letter but we r not focussing on questions asked during Interviews particularly in F1 cases...

I am posting this b'coz documentation is one part of our application and verbal interview is another part...where CO observe what we answer and our hands movements and etc...Mumbai Consulate is i can say now a days very strict in asking documentary evidence of petitioner and applicant whichevrt category it is.....they ask for evidence of ongoing relationship with petitioner ...

well...i hav gathered some list of questions from doing some research from Net and also some documentary evidences that we can take during interview....

Here r some:

Who is sponsoring you?

Have you been to any other countries/USA before?

When did petitioner last meet you?

How long was petitioner in India during his/her last trip?

how did petitioner immigrate to america?

Why are you planning to move to US?

what you do here?

R u married?

Have u ever applied to USA Before?

If approved when do u plan to immigrate?

What do u plan to do after immigrating USA?

DOB of Petitioner?

petitioner hobbies???

petitioner education qualification???

DOB of petitioner's spouse i.e Mom/Dad?

Marriage Date of petitioner?

petitioner Job in USA?

Designation in petitioner current Job??

With whom do u live here in India??

If u stay with ur siblings then What they do???

Which company and which position , since how many yrs do they work in present job??

Applicant's present job i.e. Company, how many yrs is he working , position and job responsibilities...

Now, a tricky question that one of CO had asked in an Interview at Mumbai to an applicant....Do u know XXXXXXX??? He answered NO, if u dont know the person what they are asking for then say No....but dont lie....The CO was just checking his truthfulness by this question...

Evidence of ongoing relationship :

Photos old and new...i would prefer as old as it could be to new ones...abt 10-20 photos will be good..

Our College Degrees

Our School leavinjg Certificate

Do suggest some more questions/evidences that could be asked to us us as i dont have any other questions/evidence other that this..if u guys think any thg can be added here do post here...

Hope this will b helpful to all of us in present time and in future...

Edited by MaYaNk

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Timeline

Whatever the case is but they wont issue visas to any country greater than 7% of annual cap...

It can be the unused visas could be transferred from one category to another but here in this fiscal i dont see any thg like unused visas coz majority applicants have completed cases at NVC 1-2 years before....so no posssibility of any visa being unused...

One thing i have observed in our thread is that we all predict abt movement and prediction of F1 PD and when one got INterview letter but we r not focussing on questions asked during Interviews particularly in F1 cases...

I am posting this b'coz documentation is one part of our application and verbal interview is another part...where CO observe what we answer and our hands movements and etc...Mumbai Consulate is i can say now a days very strict in asking documentary evidence of petitioner and applicant whichevrt category it is.....they ask for evidence of ongoing relationship with petitioner ...

well...i hav gathered some list of questions from doing some research from Net and also some documentary evidences that we can take during interview....

Here r some:

Who is sponsoring you?

what you do here?

R u married?

DOB of Petitioner?

petitioner hobbies???

petitioner Job in USA?

Which company and which position , since how many yrs do they work in present job??

Applicant's present job i.e. Company, how many yrs is he working , position and job responsibilities...

Now, a tricky question that one of CO had asked in an Interview at Mumbai to an applicant....Do u know XXXXXXX??? He answered NO, if u dont know the person what they are asking for then say No....but dont lie....The CO was just checking his truthfulness by this question...

Photos old and new...i would prefer as old as it could be to new ones...abt 10-20 photos will be good..

Our College Degrees

Do suggest some more questions/evidences that could be asked to us us as i dont have any other questions/evidence other that this..if u guys think any thg can be added here do post here...

Timeline

Here r some:

Who is sponsoring you?

what you do here?

R u married?

DOB of Petitioner?

petitioner hobbies???

petitioner Job in USA?

Our College Degrees

no my friend i think u r not right dominican exceed by far the 7percent for all categories they get 30851 visa which is nearly 14 percent of 226000 visa available for family based .

if we want to ensure go to nvc web page click on visa statistacis then choose immigrant visa then in the bottom of page choose report of visa office then choose 2010 report then go to V. topic part 1 you will get definite numbers

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

i hav gathered some list of questions from doing some research from Net and also some documentary evidences that we can take during interview....

Thank you for sharing, it is a nice detailed list! Good preparation for the interview.

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

hi for everyone

Maybe it is because family preference categories allows derivatives to join the petitioner and they are issued visas as well. If you have 2-3 children and not married then it is treated as 3-4 visas issued in that category. I am worried that it is another reason why the annual quota is being used and we see a little movement in VB. It's just my thought and am not sure about that but it might be a reason why we see so many numbers issued in one country. Please correct me if I am wrong but even if you are married and your PD becomes current in F1 you can always get a divorce that will allow you to move back to F1 pref. cat. and issue a visa to you and your children. And I think that derivatives visas don't count toward 7% annual limit.

Edited by ansze

Timeline

If you have 2-3 children and not married then it is treated as 3-4 visas issued in that category. I am worried that it is another reason why the annual quota is being used and we see a little movement in VB.

Oh I never thought of this, could this be one of the reasons? Are derivatives of family categories counted towards the annual quota?

Edited by NevermindVz

That's something we don't know, but maybe there is someone on this forum who knows how it works. My idea is that it counts toward Pref. cat (for example F1 - 23400) but wont count as a 7% per country limit. Something to investigate, maybe there is someone who can explain it to us :)

Oh and FYI already have my medical exam completed and have all docs. on hand. Unfortunately got a call from US consulate that my interview was rescheduled, and now have to wait a little longer :( . Got into a little chat with a lady and she told me that all I need is a new police cert. No tax returns, no photographs (I asked her about the photo and she said it's on file and not needed)

Timeline

Oh and FYI already have my medical exam completed and have all docs. on hand. Unfortunately got a call from US consulate that my interview was rescheduled, and now have to wait a little longer :( . Got into a little chat with a lady and she told me that all I need is a new police cert. No tax returns, no photographs (I asked her about the photo and she said it's on file and not needed)

Sorry to hear that! Hopefully you can get the new police cert and have the interview soon!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

sorry to hear that... but u still have an interview on may?

P.D August 15, 2005

Yeah I have everything, so no big deal :) and may is still on. New police cert to get takes like 1 hour drive and 10 mins paper work so it's all done. Not like medical exam. it took me like a whole day; 5am took a train then 8 am - x-ray at one place than 10 am blood sample at another then go back to pick-up x-ray result around noon, after that pick up blood results at 2pm and have exam around 3 pm and it took me like 5 min to get it all signed of. I was back home around 7 pm; so it was a long day :) I am still surprised am so healthy :) So now we will see what future brings!!

Timeline

Oh I never thought of this, could this be one of the reasons? Are derivatives of family categories counted towards the annual quota?

I guess this on every Visa Bulletin explains it:

2. Section 201 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) sets an annual minimum family-sponsored preference limit of 226,000. The worldwide level for annual employment-based preference immigrants is at least 140,000. Section 202 prescribes that the per-country limit for preference immigrants is set at 7% of the total annual family-sponsored and employment-based preference limits, i.e., 25,620. The dependent area limit is set at 2%, or 7,320.

more details:

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-1016.html

My understanding of this is that, the 7%+2% limit is across the board and not per Visa category.

Any one with other interpretation?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.