Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey MayaNk,

Isnt this a bit of contradiction?

If there is something as you say, then it is more likely that things will slow down.

Maybe it will be, 1 big jump folled by small jump for the next 4 and remaining VBs for the year.

Again, dont want to sound negative (not intentionally) but realistic. I really do hope it moves atleast 2 months for every month.

I hope the "slow down" is just related to USCIS processing things quicker than before.

Looking at the California SC:

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21 January 19, 2010

It means, they have completed these case in 2 years or so.

I know my case took 4 years for USCIS to complete.

Just look at the chart I130-pref, national trend:

http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=5&office=2&charttype=1

less completed cases and more pending and unripe.

All I can think of is, early collection of $$ (billions) for Dept of HLS.

It is obvious that the processing of files method has changed which is also mentioned on their website. Now they collect the money upfront and instead of queuing up at USCIS, now the files are pickled at NVC awaiting visa numbers and interviews.

One might think this is for early collection of money, but considering a $400Trillion economy this is peanut. More so this was the whole reason for the expansion of NVC.

From what I gather and from what I heard last time from NVC over the phone they are having a backlog, and things would be moving at a faster rate, which is also mentioned on the last visa bulletin, i.e. 4-6weeks movement.

All that said, and from previous trends, predicting the movement is not much different from shooting in the dark.

Also I believe that there are enough unused visa numbers to sustain a relative fast movement in the visa bulletin movement. We all know that this depends very much on the demand, and the embassy processing and availability.

Thus, I believe they would have large movements for the coming months.

Hoping for the best is free … and I am sticking to it …

PD date: 11/May/2005

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hoping for the best is free … and I am sticking to it …

:thumbs:

Prepare for the worst. Hope for the best.

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey MayaNk,

Isnt this a bit of contradiction?

If there is something as you say, then it is more likely that things will slow down.

Maybe it will be, 1 big jump folled by small jump for the next 4 and remaining VBs for the year.

Again, dont want to sound negative (not intentionally) but realistic. I really do hope it moves atleast 2 months for every month.

I hope the "slow down" is just related to USCIS processing things quicker than before.

Looking at the California SC:

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21 January 19, 2010

It means, they have completed these case in 2 years or so.

I know my case took 4 years for USCIS to complete.

Just look at the chart I130-pref, national trend:

http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=5&office=2&charttype=1

less completed cases and more pending and unripe.

All I can think of is, early collection of $$ (billions) for Dept of HLS.

Bro this slow down has nuthin to do wit uscis....i am talkin abt workload of nvc due to which they slowed all categories....

Last month somone from f2a thread called nvc to know his interview date but nvc replied no interview available as they r running behind.....

And if one category is slowed we understand it might b due to visa numbers getting exhausted....but wat if all r slowed down ????

There must be sumthg why they slowd all categoriez.....well i also hope we move as fast as a rollercoaster..this is just an assumption for future movement... I will go for 2 months for next VB..

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Bro this slow down has nuthin to do wit uscis....i am talkin abt workload of nvc due to which they slowed all categories....

Last month somone from f2a thread called nvc to know his interview date but nvc replied no interview available as they r running behind.....

And if one category is slowed we understand it might b due to visa numbers getting exhausted....but wat if all r slowed down ????

There must be sumthg why they slowd all categoriez.....well i also hope we move as fast as a rollercoaster..this is just an assumption for future movement... I will go for 2 months for next VB..

6 weeks mean 15/Jun/05.....may be maximum 22/Jun/05....not 2 months...Let C. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys!

I have a question in my mind: we all wainting for interview such a long time while our cases completed ages before!!!! so do you think we should renew some documents like as police certificate in the interview day????

this police certificate that I submitted before, last near 2months to be issued..

big congrats to those who got interview, please keep us updated:)

Hey guys!

I have a question in my mind: we all wainting for interview such a long time while our cases completed ages before!!!! so do you think we should renew some documents like as police certificate in the interview day????

this police certificate that I submitted before, long near 2months to be issued..

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys!

this police certificate that I submitted before, long near 2months to be issued..

Julie-MC,

I asked Ansze the same questions when he received his interview letter.

And it seems like there was no mention of new Police certificate in the letter.

So lets wait for Ansze to have his interview, middle of May, and we both will have our confirmation.

Edited by PatientMan

Julie-MC,

I asked Ansze the same questions when he received his interview letter.

And it seems like there was no mention of new Police certificate in the letter.

So lets wait for Ansze to have his interview, middle of May, and we both will have our confirmation.

It doesn't say anything about it in the letter but when I went to consulate website it says to make sure all docs are up to date, especially those with expiration date (police cert - 1 year, photographs should not be older then 6 mo.). So I already have a new one on hand just in case!! I'll let you know what is needed after interview.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It doesn't say anything about it in the letter but when I went to consulate website it says to make sure all docs are up to date, especially those with expiration date (police cert - 1 year, photographs should not be older then 6 mo.). So I already have a new one on hand just in case!! I'll let you know what is needed after interview.

Good idea, so you dont delay things anymore than they already are.

Look forward to hear about your interview.

:clock:

good luck for your interview and thanks for the info:)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

hi guys i am a new member in this theard my name is mohamed el bakr my pd is 15aug2006 i wish to sharing with other membes the boring journey to get the green

I have added you to the F1 Watch List. Welcome! :)

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Hi All,

My name is Samir, I'm new here, my PD is June-22-2005.

I have a bit of a different situation, I am currently working in the US on H1B visa, I have already done my biometrics and interview before the retrogression. All my paperwork has been forwarded to the National Benefit Center. I'm not sure what to expect when my PD becomes current. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I'm brand new to this forum and very confused about the whole process, but from what I've read into I fall under the category of F1.

I'll be travelling to the US soon to see my Dad and begin my application. I have no real idea as to how it works to be honest, it seems that everybody's application is different and I cant seem to find any definitive answers, anywhere!

When I start the application, will I receive any sort of visa number/card or anything of the sort initially (assuming I'm successful of course!) that allows me to work or live until the application is completely processed? How long does it take?

SO many questions!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hi everyone

i have a little question.... as the nvc send ds-230 and take action in other document collection procedure for applicants which have a pd up to nov2007 is this a good sign that they will advance rapidly in the next comming months?

i want to know also the most recent pd in f2b category how get the ds-230 and compare it with nov2007 in f1 category?

may be we can get a positive sign for our longwaiting cases.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.