Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

So there

is no interview leter yet, but I have a diferent problem. I see that they often ask when you are planing to travel to US. As much as I would like to move as soon as possible, i think it might be impossible. I would be moving from EU and there is a Europian

Footbal championshinp in June that i would really like be part of (soccer rulez) :))) So should I say that i will travel right after my team wins the tournament or should i keep it to myself ;)) and cheer for the best

You all guys rulez for being here for all of us. Best of luck to all of us !!!

And the reason I am worried about it is that am 95% sure we will be the champs; there is that 5 % chance that they will acuse me of lie at the interview stage if we wont be :) :) :)

It doesn't matter what date you give at the interview, as long as you enter the USA before:

1) Your immigrant visa expires (6 months before the issue date).

2) Your medical expires, which may be before your visa expires. Have seen folks make hasty entry to the US because their medical expires 3 days after they received their visa.

3)You or any other accompanying immigrant fails to meet some stipulation provided by immigration laws. Have seen were children a few days shy of their 21st birthday having have to leave their home country as soon as they got their visas. This is because the child didn't at the time of interview (wasn't needed) apply CSPA to their case so the embassy/consulate never made the proper provisions for the aging child.

What team are you rooting for?

Edited by aaydrian

It doesn't matter what date you give at the interview, as long as you enter the USA before:

1) Your immigrant visa expires (6 months before the issue date).

2) Your medical expires, which may be before your visa expires. Have seen folks make hasty entry to the US because their medical expires 3 days after they received their visa.

3)You or any other accompanying immigrant fails to meet some stipulation provided by immigration laws. Have seen were children a few days shy of their 21st birthday having have to leave their home country as soon as they got their visas. This is because the child didn't at the time of interview (wasn't needed) apply CSPA to their case so the embassy/consulate never made the proper provisions for the aging child.

What team are you rooting for?

Sorry guys if you misread my post :) was trying to get a little stress out of our shoulder and write something out of the box :) there is a lot of tension on this forum before the VB relase and we are all waiting for a good news.

About my national soccer team there are little chances we can win it but it's like with visa buletin as long as the ball is in play you never know what is going to happen :) :) :) the only thing we can do is wish for the best.

Thank you for all the info and I wish i would not have to "lie" at the interview that my team will win the tournament. So let's smile for a few more days before the Vb release and we shall see some positive news coming to all of us. Only positive thinking can bring us to the end of this journey :) :) :) Good luck to all the VJ members

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Helloooo everybody! Let's see what happens today!

ansze, I don't have an answer for you, but you can try asking your question as a separate post in the forum. That way other members could chime in as well.

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Sorry guys if you misread my post :) was trying to get a little stress out of our shoulder and write something out of the box :) there is a lot of tension on this forum before the VB relase and we are all waiting for a good news.

About my national soccer team there are little chances we can win it but it's like with visa buletin as long as the ball is in play you never know what is going to happen :) :) :) the only thing we can do is wish for the best.

Thank you for all the info and I wish i would not have to "lie" at the interview that my team will win the tournament. So let's smile for a few more days before the Vb release and we shall see some positive news coming to all of us. Only positive thinking can bring us to the end of this journey :) :) :) Good luck to all the VJ members

oh you wanna watch the euro cup huh

P.D August 15, 2005

Timeline

About 3.5 hours before they close for the weekend, let's see what happens. Either they publish the bulletin today or they start sending interview letters on Monday. Or they publish the bulletin sometime next week and send interview letters afterwards. So many options! It seems they have changed the procedure they used to follow to assign interviews.

Timeline

It seems it didn't move too much either in the other categories:

F1 - 30 days

F2A - 38 days

F2B - 38 days

F3 - 23 days

F4 - 23 days

Timeline

F. VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

FAMILY-sponsored categories (monthly)

Worldwide dates:

F1: four to six weeks

F2A: up to two and one half months

F2B: three to six weeks

F3: three to six weeks

F4: three to five weeks

Timeline

I'm almost 100% convinced there is a direct relationship between the movement of the visa bulletin and the unemployment rate in the US.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/04/06/news/economy/jobs-report-unemployment/index.htm?hpt=hp_t3

Timeline

where did u get that info, Nevermindz?

It's in the Visa Bulletin. Check section F almost at the end of the page:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5692.html

I'm almost 100% convinced there is a direct relationship between the movement of the visa bulletin and the unemployment rate in the US.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/04/06/news/economy/jobs-report-unemployment/index.htm?hpt=hp_t3

Interesting!

Since it started moving forward last October, this has been the movement so far:

Oct VB = 45 days

Nov VB = 37 days

Dec VB = 41 days

Jan VB = 44 days

Feb VB = 68 days

Mar VB = 41 days

Apr VB = 59 days

May VB = 30 days

Edited by NevermindVz

Timeline

This is not directly related to family categories, but since we were talking about unemployment, I noticed these changes on EB2 category (employment-based):

F. VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

Employment Second:

Worldwide: Potential need for cut-off date to be established

China and India: Potentially “Unavailable”

At the moment, Worldwide is Current, and China and India have cut-off dates. Seems some changes are coming.

So happy about the movement :dance: Now all I need is a interview letter. It is still wired that they changed their policy on assigning interview dates before VB release. But on the other hand when you read that people are calling NVC like crazy just to know the date, that would drive me nuts if I would work there. Only positive thoughts bring us closer to the end of this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.